Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland /Alba weather discussion 2020

Norrance

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

Stunning stuff tonight after another warm day of 18C and plenty of sunshine. 

West is best. 

06E167B8-7625-432F-B18F-329F77CE344A.thumb.jpeg.faa7d6bcd5aae5233995ad0d84f9e4f2.jpeg

656ED9AA-0AFC-400F-BEE0-6CB47E0E1972.thumb.jpeg.e16114064475fe349c072ede75f188ff.jpeg

E1059C8D-ED65-43FD-A0D1-EF65A0FD6CD2.thumb.jpeg.76edcc2e5f00ea819cb3a1c7672d64af.jpeg

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Subzero
5 hours ago, Hawesy said:

Well the haar has stayed away so far but I can see it out in North Sea so fear it’s just a matter of time! 
Meanwhile it is sunny again but once more temperature is stuck around 10/11c with the easterly wind. 

I think it was already over Dundee at this point. It just hangs there for ages and then it's like a dam breaks.

P1150757.jpg

• Like 8

Posted
1 hour ago, shuggee said:

Thirty ninth air frost at 0.0°C last night. 22.6°C this afternoon. Marv. 

That shouldn’t count as an air frost... from -0.1 I could have sworn.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

@Daniel* I always thought it was 0C or below? 

@Hairy Celt Indeed - definitely one of my favourites ever. (Peak sunset season for my location is mid April until mid July - get a clear view of it from the bottom of my street as the sun goes down behind those higher hills/mountains in the pictures. (Cowal peninsula)

Always a good sign when you see this type of Cirrus clouds (I am sure that is what they are) half an hour before the sun goes down.

Usually delivers the goods with regards to a colourful sunset. 

61BE7739-1B4A-42F3-BB53-8CCF83D07657.thumb.jpeg.771b4fb1e152afcfb0bc1fece49fb8d2.jpeg

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
frost-on-plants.jpg
WWW.METOFFICE.GOV.UK

Frost occurs when the temperature of the air in contact with the ground is below the freezing-point of water (‘ground frost’ or ‘air frost’, respectively).

“Air frost

An air frost occurs when the air temperature falls to or below the freezing point of water. An air frost is usually defined as the air temperature being below freezing point of water at a height of at least one metre above the ground.”

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Another cracking day with clear blue skies all day.

Wind a bit fresher today so feeling quite cold at times in the shade, max of 13c.

Still no Honey Bees to be seen and Bumble Bees are infrequent.  Conversely, ladybirds are everywhere.

Snag_32dce1b.thumb.png.98a9cc6f2d56155e5aa799ea48ee98f2.png

• Like 5

Posted

Just like the last few days really took a while but cloud's gone and we're back to clear and blue (absolutely no haze this time) the last day of the really nice weather though i'm sure it will be back

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
42 minutes ago, NUT said:

Just like the last few days really took a while but cloud's gone and we're back to clear and blue (absolutely no haze this time) the last day of the really nice weather though i'm sure it will be back

Yeah the sun has got his hat on at last now. Time to get off the sofa. Ok actually I've only just sat down so maybe not ;)

• Like 2

Posted

Some rain probably much needed for quite a few over the next few days doesn’t look like much here though. 36 hours DAFC0567-8D68-49F3-A14D-7FBD940D3197.thumb.png.0cfc071971d46d2375089164aff389ea.png 72 hours 6EC38DB9-7C46-4133-937D-32485BB6B13B.thumb.png.7ccb6ca6b76067e7507e39c0d090b254.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Cloud took a bit longer to clear today but since late morning it has been sunny. Not as warm but with no breeze felt ok in the sun. Currently 12C but feeling warmer. Max was 13.5C. 
Has the lock down brought out many mental cyclists? Some quite large groups around here today. Also some that I assume are not regulars. One couple riding straight down the pavement (not cycle path) making pedestrians move out of the way including a lady with a pram and a toddler on a scooter who had to jump on to the road. They cycled on past oblivious to it or even worse did it deliberately.

Edited by Norrance
  • Like 7

Posted

Sun managed to burn through here although there are still fragments of haar drifting around. It’s been around 9 or 10c all afternoon but with no breeze it feels okay!

• Like 5

Posted

What an absolutely stunning spring day! Official temp only about 12c but it feels much warmer! Lovely blue sky, zero breeze. Beer in hand. Fantastic.

• Like 6

Posted
13 minutes ago, Hawesy said:

Sun managed to burn through here although there are still fragments of haar drifting around. It’s been around 9 or 10c all afternoon but with no breeze it feels okay!

Amazing what difference a short distance makes, has been a lovely cloudless day here though still slightly cooler especially when a bit of a breeze appears. ☀️

• Like 5

Posted

Not the best photo from the cottage, but you get the jist. You're right about being cautious with the dogs @CatchMyDrift. 21.3°C.

IMG_20200424_162202.jpg

• Like 6

Posted

Another stunning day, though unfortunately the last one for a while with clear blue skies going by the forecast.

Max of 13c and again a keen SE wind in the early afternoon, but irrespective feeling very pleasant as long as the fleece was on.

First definite sightings of both a swallow and a house martin, which is two weeks earlier than last year.

Sign of a change in the weather this evening with cloud drifting in from the NW, definitely could do with some rain so a shower or two would not go amiss.

Snag_33a7b58.png

Snag_33b19bb.png

Edited by Quinach
  • Like 6

Posted

Sunny again but in the cooler fresher air mass and breeze has picked up again too more rather typical weather really

• Like 4

Posted
49 minutes ago, NUT said:

Sunny again but in the cooler fresher air mass and breeze has picked up again too more rather typical weather really

Certainly a different feel to the air this morning. Warmer and we had some brief light rain just then - first for god knows how long. Just vanished on impact. 

• Like 3

Posted

Fresher day here too but with arctic air visibility is superb .The photos taken earlier today show shower clouds building to the north across the Firth. Can see the cliffs at Dunbeath and Tarbet Ness lighthouse.001.thumb.JPG.2918128b330a746e64936b45d777ebee.JPG002.thumb.JPG.c4bc861a6b7d180d2029f25d5f0573c6.JPG

Love this sort of weather in the spring with clarity and the colours of the sky, clouds and the countryside being so intense.003.thumb.JPG.3271278aae509aa65c1e81e242408ffd.JPG

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Wind has switched to the west albeit temporarily and temperature has got up to 14c which is the highest it’s been since 15th April! Still good sunny spells for now.

Edited by Hawesy
  • Like 4

Posted

Precip next 36 and 72 hours I might get a mm if I’m lucky  5B9D87B6-58C8-4A3F-A338-2C19E607C336.thumb.png.7882a5f650337d9684ed70e26f9c88c8.pngB08B6A8F-1CEF-400C-88CC-C23046A85774.thumb.png.ae825f1daf7d0f7f74c43dd9b497f051.png

• Like 3

Posted

Up to 16c here now! Not missing the easterly breeze, that’s for sure! 

• Like 4

Posted
15 minutes ago, Hawesy said:

Exactly. Nice mild gentle westerly for a change with bits of cumulus scudding across.  Comfortingly familiar.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
3 hours ago, Hawesy said:

We got to 15.3C so just a touch cooler. Wind went from N to NE then backed round to Westerly this afternoon. Nice cumulous clouds about when out for the afternoon walk and also spotted a sea eagle down towards the river. U fortunately didn't have a camera with me. My daughter said that she saw four a bit earlier but hadn't been sure what they were at a distance. 

1B7C1F2F-5824-49CF-90CD-9BA9C2ACCDA4.jpeg

• Like 7

Posted

Evening all

The warmth of the last few days has gone from here but still plenty of sunshine and a respectable temperature of 13C.

Showers drifting past to my North West/North but dry as a bone here - looks as though it will probably stay that way until the beginning of May. (Unless I catch one of the isolated heavy showers that are forecast over the next three days or a wee bit of drizzle on Thursday)

Shower on it’s last legs at 19:30 earlier...

036F938D-7C93-475A-BFD5-9B78A94EB7DD.thumb.jpeg.7ec7f0edf4dde1c8d97b6e14d40219c1.jpeg

The moon five minutes ago.

7E2036D1-7302-4EDE-AF2D-B0C03B455F5B.thumb.jpeg.385996365d9b9b5ec9f26fdea751001e.jpeg

Pretty standard April day.

Have a good week everyone.

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 8