Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland /Alba weather discussion 2020

Norrance

Posted

Turning out to be a lovely afternoon in Edinburgh, unexpectedly so. Hazy sunshine, light winds and feeling warm despite the 12C temperature. If GFS proves to be right, we could be expecting a very long period of dry, often sunny weather over the coming days and weeks. There is a risk that low pressure does manage to push further east bringing an end to the nice weather by next weekend, but only time will tell. 

• Like 5

Posted

Yes cows ran home up the track from the field just now.A couple of calves that sneaked out with them raced home ahead of them into the fold and immediately sat down on the fresh straw in the fold.Don"t think they will be so keen to go out tomorrow. Currently 5.5c,  overcast and with a moderate N wind off the Firth a real change fom this morning.Peeling tatties and last parsnip for a warming tea.

• Like 8

Posted

12.3C and cloudy/haze with the sun only peeking through occasionally, but still providing a bit of warmth. Met a pair of swans on the Tweed but didn't want to go too near as they were unhappy to be disturbed. Shot from an area harvested this time last year - unfortunately the new trees which had arrived in sacks, ready to be planted to reforest the area in the late autumn, were washed away/killed in the flooding:

IMG_20200412_135952.jpg

• Like 6

Posted

Not sure if this is interference but the Loch Morlich Webcam appears to show odd flakes of snow falling .

og-image.jpg
WWW.LOCHMORLICH.COM

A stunning beach, renting of equipment of a variety of activities, lessons, and all in the beautiful settings of the Cairngorms and Glenmore Forest

Certainly cold enough now for it at that height .compared to us .

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Wouldn't be surprised. Even here when the showery rain  passed in the late afternoon the temperature dropped from 12.5 C to 6.5 C now.

• Like 4

Posted

What a difference a few hours makes! Beautiful afternoon, 13c, blue sky, calm and feeling warm on our walk. Fast forward to now and it's down to 6c and feels much colder in a strengthening wind!

• Like 4

Posted

Yep. Blowing a gale and 5.2°C. Had been out in the garden and came in freezing. Had a bbq Friday evening - no way today. Hope my recently sowed carrots are resilient - but I suspect that wind is going to prevent an air frost (sorry @Kirkcaldy Weather!!!). 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
16 minutes ago, shuggee said:

Yep. Blowing a gale and 5.2°C. Had been out in the garden and came in freezing. Had a bbq Friday evening - no way today. Hope my recently sowed carrots are resilient - but I suspect that wind is going to prevent an air frost (sorry @Kirkcaldy Weather!!!). 

We will see 69C37AD9-0173-4916-BACD-D413FD470C17.thumb.png.e7b31613d94161adeda3fe390398634d.png give it a chance

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Lovely morning, calm with broken sun so bordering on warm. Awful afternoon, windy, drizzly, downright chilly. Chilly enough for me to light the woodburner in the lounge for a couple of hours early evening. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Grey but light, 3C here. Very calm.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Cold grey morning here. Ms HC keeps busy in the garden while I meditate on the fragility of civilization. Or something like that. Music please. 

• Like 9

Posted
13 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

Cold grey morning here. Ms HC keeps busy in the garden while I meditate on the fragility of civilization. Or something like that. Music please. 

Same here. Currently 3c 

You should get out in the garden too. Very difficult not to dwell on the main issue.Speaking to a young auctioneer this morning who was keen for this to end .Had to say to him that I thought we were in for the long haul unless a vaccine could be found.BSE in cattle had an economic effect for 11 years from 1996.

Good news is breeding heifers will go this week.sellers can"t go.(miss a half  day out at mart) only buyers spaced out round the ring or bidding by phone with live video. One mart already geared up to bid online in real time with video.

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 9

Posted

Got down to 2.4°C in early hours. Currently 7.7°C. Cloudy but less breezy than dusk yesterday. 

• Like 4

Posted
3 hours ago, Northernlights said:

Same here. Currently 3c 

You should get out in the garden too. Very difficult not to dwell on the main issue.Speaking to a young auctioneer this morning who was keen for this to end .Had to say to him that I thought we were in for the long haul unless a vaccine could be found.BSE in cattle had an economic effect for 11 years from 1996.

Good news is breeding heifers will go this week.sellers can"t go.(miss a half  day out at mart) only buyers spaced out round the ring or bidding by phone with live video. One mart already geared up to bid online in real time with video.

Yes. I spent 2 hours cutting up kindling for next winter. And the sun has appeared now too.

RCN.thumb.jpg.ca12219a227e49baa797b78ca56ad626.jpg 

The sad thing is the wankers would probably get voted back in with an increased majority if the was an election now.

I guess at least there's not as many flannel-arsed naebodies in Scotland. God save me from the invective that would attract in the CV thread - seems to be discussions between conspiracy-theorists, tory apologists and people with no sympathy for the victims. Mostly. Present company excepted. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

This was yesterdays temperature drop here as the colder air moved in 926906110_tempdrop.thumb.png.c8e582ea11245a6fdae4dfc4ba89dc16.png currently sunny and 7.8 C / DP -1.2 C

• Like 5

Posted

Started slow but turned into another crackerjack of a afternoon (maybe just a tad chilly in the slight breeze) but lovely jubbly again

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Not great here, wee bit of brightness but no real sun and not warm at all.

• Like 4

Posted

Only 8c but pleasant in the sun, chilly away from the sun. Beautiful blue sky. Cracking afternoon after a dull and chilly morning.

• Like 4

Posted

Extraordinary scenes down at the point this afternoon, where everyone goes to watch dolphins and is normally heaving in recent years at Easter. (Come in vain at Easter, dolphins don't appear just yet.)  I cycled down there and found absolutely no-one. You could say surreal. Then the collie sea monster appeared again, so I had a wee chat with the owner. Then away again. The sky was blue (still is) and little wind. Very few cars around. Most of the time, the loudest sound now is bird song as breeding season is ramping up.

These were today - this one this morning, before the sun came out 1224082266_damsonforsythia.thumb.jpg.a4c59c78e5ea20d24f21470b7ce1fade.jpg

and this was late afternoon. Hopefully some fruit this year, the bees are busy here 199357705_damsonblossom.thumb.jpg.84bf75af2c12279d5ee900919cbfa0c9.jpg

And thanks to @chemikal for restoring my mood earlier :oldsmile: 

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 9

Posted

After a chilly start to the day, things improved after the sun appeared mid-afternoon. Warm enough for sit-out with a coffee. (10C):unsure2:

Our future Damson jam;damson.thumb.jpg.637769c39fa92d95aeb7b7f2d67864b0.jpg

Maybe a serious  'ethics' thread over in the other place would be interesting, or maybe not.

• Like 8

Posted
4 minutes ago, ciel said:

After a chilly start to the day, things improved after the sun appeared mid-afternoon. Warm enough for sit-out with a coffee. (10C):unsure2:

Our future Damson jam;damson.thumb.jpg.637769c39fa92d95aeb7b7f2d67864b0.jpg

Maybe a serious  'ethics' thread over in the other place would be interesting, or maybe not.

I doubt it. The internet is just a vent for people's pet peeves; ethics and politics are perhaps best kept to chats with people you really know.

We have just the first 3 or 4 plum flowers (Victoria) opening late afternoon. Please no sleet now please.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

Hope you are all well/healthy.

Weather has been glorious most of this month! 10C here today and feeling very pleasant in the sunshine. (Rest of the week looks great here - plenty of sunshine and temps between 11C and 15C during daytime with chilly nights)

Out for my late afternoon/evening walk/run - had the beach to myself and arrived home at sunset.

0978A4C4-298F-4312-8B64-98B2DBC39C83.thumb.jpeg.e5638b235cf4509421eb44e16f2ece80.jpegEE7D1861-77D8-4D0C-BF58-06D42BA68188.thumb.jpeg.65be8ad5effc3f8cc2b11fc2bcfc6b19.jpeg40C5FAB4-1894-4A04-8524-ECAA38551516.thumb.jpeg.b9c28f78872bafe204006fd8f79fb242.jpegA5798B61-2956-43EE-A20E-5D9BE416FFCA.thumb.jpeg.539ece7fe866b836b7cab3273cf2e05c.jpeg

All the best to you all and have a good week!

• Like 8

Posted

Miserable morning, overcast and cold at 4c. 

Mid Afternoon onwards a different story with the cloud gradually dissolving away to leave clear skies and bountiful sunshine in light winds.

That lifted the temperature to a max of 8c.

Bitter outside just now, -3.1c already.

• Like 4

Posted

Cold here this morning  too at -1c but calm with some high cloud

• Like 4