Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland /Alba weather discussion 2020

Norrance

Posted

Was thinking it got a bit cooler this afternoon and small showers from the west took on a more wintry look.On the radar some are showing up as sleet. Currently 6.5 c.

• Like 3

Posted

Clear as a bell and 6.0°C:

IMG_20200406_211622.jpg

• Like 6

Posted

A much better day.  Although the max temperature was similar to yesterday at 14c, the wind was lighter today so felt a lot warmer as a result, especially in the morning when there was plenty of unbroken sunshine.

Got a lot cloudier in the afternoon but still pleasant outside.  Chilly tonight though with temperature already down to 3c.

Browsing Amazon earlier for stuff for the kids, irritating how a lot of the prices have jumped since the lockdown started (use the Keepa plugin for Chrome to get a historical idea of prices).  So off to eBay and the same story there.  Lack of supply or a case of collective profiteering... 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.

Morning, fellow kilters. A glorious morning here. Sunny and still, after a slight air frost overnight. Tak tent and keep well. 

• Like 3

Posted

Thirty sixth air frost at -0.3C. Sunny morning here although there was mist on the tops earlier.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,high winds, thunderstorms, extreme weather
14 hours ago, Northernlights said:

Was thinking it got a bit cooler this afternoon and small showers from the west took on a more wintry look.On the radar some are showing up as sleet. Currently 6.5 c.

Yes we had couple of hefty hail showers with bit sleet mixed in and bitter winds in the afternoon.

• Like 3

Posted

Chilly start at 0530, 1C with a slight frost on the car windscreen. Absolute glorious spring day, wall to wall sunshine and now warm enough to sit outside.Forecast is for temperatures to hit 13C locally this afternoon. 

Edited by Sceptical
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Sat in car outside Tesco Inverurie, lovely sunny morning and car temp guage is currently saying 15C.

• Like 4

Posted

Fine sunny day here but still very windy.Cows out for their first nibble of grass with silage in a ring. 004.thumb.JPG.35af2ec8ed0bdcefd8e06c53c7e26236.JPG002.thumb.JPG.7a82bdc527a4bd669c30085b493766a4.JPG

Still drifts of snow below 1500feet on the Cawdor hills.001.thumb.JPG.cf931822af245471da3f35a7fb080d68.JPG

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Pretty much sunshine all the way here today with a max of 13.7C though it felt warmer out of the breeze. Hope that skies stay clear for a view of the supermoon later.

Started painting the back fence this afternoon but retreated when the two wee girls from the garden behind kept coming down to say hello. Both were coughing especially the wee one who is only two. As their parents both work at Ninewells hospital I thought that discretion was the better part of valour. Was I being a bit over cautious?

Anyway just posted this in the CV thread. True?

E73689C0-3597-4052-B9B5-7E33A8D4D29E.jpeg

Edited by Norrance
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Absolutely not Norrance, For me anyway being over cautiouse is the way forward. A lovely day here in the North Midlands not a soul about absolute bliss, It's so quite here I can hear the Pheasants chirping & starting to roost from miles around during late evening. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
8 minutes ago, Norrance said:

Pretty much sunshine all the way here today with a max of 13.7C though it felt warmer out of the breeze. Hope that skies stay clear for a view of the supermoon later.

Started painting the back fence this afternoon but retreated when the two wee girls from the garden behind kept coming down to say hello. Both were coughing especially the wee one who is only two. As their parents both work at Ninewells hospital I thought that discretion was the better part of valour. Was I being a bit over cautious?

Anyway just posted this in the CV thread. True?

E73689C0-3597-4052-B9B5-7E33A8D4D29E.jpeg

The conflation is maybe a wee bit unsympathetic?

A bright day has slowly clouded over and the breeze took the edge of the temps - didn't see more than 11C in Caithness although it was reported 'quite mild' at home...

• Like 1

Posted

Was a lovely afternoon and felt quite warm but as the sun's setting the cloud's getting up and cloud probably the key thing rest of the week

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Lovely day here again, already 15c. Ground turning quite dry.
Nice view from the back door

4C7A91CA-C0A3-4516-B24C-6E616CF9C9A6.jpeg

Edited by SW Saltire
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Sunny at 15 C here too and feeling warm with a light Westerly breeze just beginning to freshen. Finished painting the back fence this morning so a relaxed afternoon planned unless my wife decides otherwise. (She will)
Doesn't seem anything like the conditions stated for Scotland a couple of minutes ago on the BBC national forecast.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
15 minutes ago, Norrance said:

Sunny at 15 C here too and feeling warm with a light Westerly breeze just beginning to freshen. Finished painting the back fence this morning so a relaxed afternoon planned unless my wife decides otherwise. (She will)
Doesn't seem anything like the conditions stated for Scotland a couple of minutes ago on the BBC national forecast.

Complete opposite here (Black Isle) - really overcast, drizzly rain (more than the radar shows) and cool. A day for indoors tasks, games and other entertainment. I wonder what trends will appear in the birth rate in 9 month's time.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

• Like 4

Posted

So much for the cloud today............it's been a crackerjack so far (even had a small shower in relatively blue skies)

• Like 5