Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland /Alba weather discussion 2020

Norrance

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
3 minutes ago, ciel said:

Nae idea HC, re the plant a,lilly or a vegetable?

This one might be easier. Apologies for the poor pic. It pops up every spring with small but pretty yellow, bell-shaped flowers and fades away quite quickly..

bells 2.jpg

Is it a dog plant

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
19 minutes ago, ciel said:

Nae idea HC, re the plant a,lilly or a vegetable?

This one might be easier. Apologies for the poor pic. It pops up every spring with small but pretty yellow, bell-shaped flowers and fades away quite quickly..

bells 2.jpg

This is a shaggy dog story. Forsythia x gorse hybrid? 

Yes! It is a sort of lilly. Native to the middle east...

• Like 3

Posted

Dreich day with no redeeming qualities.

Overcast all day and cool with a max of 7c.

Winds initially light from the NE turning moderate at times in the evening from the N/NW.  Was dry until just now - light shower of rain ongoing.

Started clearing out the overwintered bulbs only to discover vine weevil larvae have massacred two tubs of lily bulbs.  So much for the nematodes that were applied to the soil end of last summer 

This cartoon from one of the local facebook sites raised a laugh.

Snag_25d3421.thumb.png.dd3934c0dc6dc7f55145d4ceff1657fd.png

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Mr Snowidea and myself seem to have fully recovered from a week of weird symptoms. @CatchMyDrifthope you and the wife are OK, @marthada hope your son is OK.

Been out for our morning constitutional, so lucky to have views like this just a short walk from the house. Really feel for those in city centres. 

Keep safe everyone. 

DSC_1158.JPG

DSC_1159.JPG

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Son feeling better ty xx

Postvan did not come,  the buses are gone. I am marooned here with no money- thank god have got a husband and a car. Pity those who have not.

• Like 5

Posted

Oh Catch I'm sorry, I missed that Mrs Catch had it too xxx hope she picks up fast. It sounds like a horrible bug.

• Like 4

Posted

A rather typical dry day really. Started fairly clear and blue/clouded in during the afternoon but we approach 6 and the cloud's breaking a bit again

• Like 3

Posted

Bright ,sunny and cold today, wind definitely sourced from the north.

Trouble always seems to occur in clusters.  This afternoon, I took from the freezer a part-opened bag of  peas to add to a stew, spilled half on  the hall floor, and slipped on the slippery rolly contents thereafter. No major damage done, thankfully, just  a silly reminder of these  strange times.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Looked at local Met O forecast this afternoon and saw dry so hung out a load of washing. A couple of sharp showers later it is all soaked through. If only showers from the North would get through so easily in cold Winter air.

• Like 3

Posted

Mixed bag weather wise on the hills this afternoon. Ideal temperatures for walking although the heavy rain at the summits was a slight pain. Walked for three hours in total and  didnt see another person.

Back into self isolation mode, woodburner on and an ice cold Augustiner helles in hand.

• Like 3

Posted
15 minutes ago, Sceptical said:

Mixed bag weather wise on the hills this afternoon. Ideal temperatures for walking although the heavy rain at the summits was a slight pain. Walked for three hours in total and  didnt see another person.

Back into self isolation mode, woodburner on and an ice cold Augustiner helles in hand.

Interesting choice of beer!

I just spent a couple of minutes flicking through the cameras on trafficscotland and the roads all across the country are almost entirely empty. 

Another dull day here. <yawns> <YAWNS>

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

Interesting choice of beer!

I just spent a couple of minutes flicking through the cameras on trafficscotland and the roads all across the country are almost entirely empty. 

Another dull day here. <yawns> <YAWNS>

Discovered Augustiner while pitched up in Munich before Aberdeen FC took on Bayern. Many litres of beer helped numb the pain of defeat.

The trip itself was a disaster, our flight to Munich was delayed due to fog in Germany. The airline offered us seats to Frankfurt which we grabbed. Unfortunately nobody in my group had a clue how far Munich was from Frankfurt.

Af ew hours later and 800 euros lighter, we arrived in Munich. The taxi driver was doing 140mph while my party demolished a carry out....surreal.

• Like 2

Posted

Frequent fleeting showers of rain interspersed with a few glimpses of sun (good rainbow weather).

Light N to NW winds and warmer today with a max of 9.5c.

Novelty of home-schooling wearing off for the kids "when's the holidays so we stop all this homework".  Going to be a strange Easter holiday for sure, just a repeat of the last week of lockdown!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Morning campers! Weather has been calm, sunny and dry since Thursday but absolutely baltic! Those stiff breezes fairly pack a wind chill! Very calm today, overcast and light drizzle. I'm told we may get a dusting of snow by the weekend. I doubt that, maybe the mountain tops but not at low levels. A pleasant if chilly constitutional on Sunday with a friend and her dog, maintaining a discrete distance off course! Might do a little light work in the garden, cover over raised beds to warm them a little prior to planting. 

Have to say I'm enjoying the quiet up here now. Normally things would be picking up now in time for Easter with plenty cars and dreaded camper vans around. The added bonus is I can hear the wee birdies singing now. I can stand in the garden for a good ten, fifteen minutes before a car passes. Then wait another thirty minutes until the next! It's a wee bit busier this morning as obviously there are people on their way to work, but after nine it really is so quiet. Other than that I see the occasional neighbour and the postie and that's my lot till I make the weekly trip for groceries. Life sure is exciting these days, eh? No, not exciting, just worrying.

• Like 4

Posted

Same here MQ, total silence for most of the day. No buses and one train an hour. We always talk about the old days before all the traffic - now we're living it

Posted

Hardly a breath of movement, grey with a smattering of blue gaps, 8.9C max. Much like life at the moment.

• Like 7

Posted

I think life just now is like a total eclipse. Dead weird

• Like 5

Posted

Duns Co-op. My local is in Biggar. At least there's a system at yours - it was still a free for all in Biggar on Saturday.

The glamour.

• Like 7

Posted

I was talking to some forestry guys today for whom virtually nothing has changed, unsociable bunch they are.

What surprises me is how we are accepting such huge changes.

• Like 6

Posted

Me too HC, and how fast the changes come. It must have been like this during the war.

• Like 1

Posted

As has been said already, it's just so quiet out. No noise from ships in the firth, nothing from the airport (one helicopter a day excepted) and after early evening, no traffic noise. No people in the street, no-one out after dark at all. When there's no wind noise and the birds have settled down for the night, it's silent. Absolutely silent like I can't remember here.

• Like 9