Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland /Alba weather discussion 2020

Norrance

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
1 hour ago, Quinach said:

Lots of hazy sunshine today but still feeling darned cold thanks to the brisk wind (max of 7c).

Surprised at the number of people out walking the local fields, incurring the wrath of the farmer going by the raised voices and language I was hearing!

'Get orff moi dorrter!!!' in a broad west country accent?

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

i know the majority of you will wake to blue skies and sunshine, but spare a thought for us poor peeps up in Skye! Currently cloudy with a brisk wind, no rain....yet! Temp is 8.1c but feels a lot colder. I have been promised good weather by the end of the week. We'll see! ☀️ Oh, but what's this I see? A camper van in our local car park! I think the local vigilante group should be put on immediate alert!  :bomb: I was looking for  a pitchfork and flaming torch emoji but couldn't find any. So you'll have to make do with some angry face, a camper van and a bomb. I'm sure you get the picture! 

• Like 9

Posted

Skye sheep about to go home on the 1st of April and speaking to the farmer last night he said exactly the same about how wet its been in the winter.

Its been the same here up to the last week but this morning we have a gale force southerly wind and clouds of dust off the farm tracks. Very unpleasant outside.

The Laigh of Moray dust storms will soon be back.

Currently dry overcast and 6c

• Like 4

Posted
11 hours ago, Hairy Celt said:

'Get orff moi dorrter!!!' in a broad west country accent?

More a bunch of f words in doric...

Overcast and cool outside (5c) with light winds.

Kids doing their PE lesson sent from the school just now, much to their annoyance "but we're supposed to be on holiday"!

Edited by Quinach
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Very windy travelling up to Caithness this morning. Lots of fields being ploughed and dust blowing. Not very pleasant out.

Glad to see some campervans heading south now, back to where they belong.

Sturgeon says building sites 'should' close - so when's this going to happen, after x thousand more notional infections? Pitchforks will be out when the dust settles on this, I tell you.

• Like 4

Posted
41 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

Plenty of spare pitchforks with Salmond being cleared.

Hopefully he spills the beans.

Weather wise, a dull cold day.

Winter wheels are being swapped for the summers 03-04-20. Get your snow shovels ready.

Edited by Sceptical
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Has wee Ecky been cleared? oh hallelujah if that's true!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Pretty boring looking spell of weather coming up, certainly nothing to enjoy whilst we're stuck in or around the house. At least it means I'll be more inclined to actually do work whilst 'working from home' rather than being tempted into doing gardening. 

• Like 4

Posted

Morning Peeplings! Weather back to normal now, horizontal rain etc, etc. Roll on Thursday when it's supposed to improve! ☀️ Think I'll spend most of the day clearing out cupboards and see what my tinned food supply is like. Then some online shopping. Life doesn't get more exciting than that eh? But still, I'm not complaining!  I see CalMac have done the right thing in stating  essential travel on ferries only. GOOD! About time!  I don't know how many camper vans are on the island now. Maybe some took the hint and have gone home. I can always hope! Maybe the weather has put them off! 

• Like 4

Posted

Very windy and dusty again.Currently 9c. Main road A96 quieter with mostly just vans and lorries on it. However saw one fully loaded car transporter all be it with one potentially yellow cloured emergency vehicle on it.

• Like 2

Posted

Sun's out but it's hazy and quite breezy too but not cold one saving grace I suppose

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Up to the dizzy heights of 13c in the sunshine. Quite a strong breeze though, been a really nice spell of weather the last few days

• Like 3

Posted
58 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

Home school for dogs. I kept all the wood from various beds we've had for kindling. Now they are the start of Fergus's agility course.

He managed a full run of the jumps quite quickly, within a few minutes of them being built but using a ball in hand to coax him over.

20200324_154418.thumb.jpg.84e7d7bcb200749c2caa15d1f717bd06.jpg

Clyde on the other hand just refused completely.

Spaniels are great fun, (imho anyway !). Love field cockers. 

Is Mrs Catch's condition improving?

• Like 2

Posted

That SSE wind is really biting. And pretty gusty down the valley here. Up to 10.6C but never felt like more than 3C.

• Like 4

Posted

Hearing a lot about how awful this virus is. Yes that's a horrible cold wind today,

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Actually felt quite mild here in the sun earlier with a max of 11.9C . Some light cloud blew in later and the breeze got up making it feel cooler. Currently 10.7C. A bit colder by the weekend maybe?

• Like 3

Posted

Well, that was unexpected as much warmer today with a max of 14c (warmest here this year I think) in hazy sunshine and a very strong SW wind.

Still not a day to go outside into the garden without a jacket though.

Phoning round its still amazes me how many people are still not taking the situation seriously "oh, kids are round at their pals" etc.  I dread to think what its going to be like in two weeks or so; could be worse though I suppose when you read and see what is happening over in the USA.

• Like 2

Posted

My pal in Arizona jsut told me on FB that  "The news is talking about other things now as well as the virus so it is almost over".  My god.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Subzero
4 hours ago, Norrance said:

Actually felt quite mild here in the sun earlier with a max of 11.9C . Some light cloud blew in later and the breeze got up making it feel cooler. Currently 10.7C. A bit colder by the weekend maybe?

Ooo, SNAP! 11.9C the high here too, which makes it our warmest day on the hill since October.

• Like 2

Posted

Well it truly was rather blustery yesterday! So blustery the wind ripped my anemometer off the pole and into the garden! Now in bits, shopping online today for new anemometer!  Calmer here today but still a bit dreich. I am still promised sunshine tomorrow and for the next couple of days. I could do with it even just to dry the garden out a bit and get the pothole in my drive repaired. Saw a camper van heading south early this morning. I guess the shitty weather did it's work! ?️

• Like 7

Posted

Stuck under frontal cloud all day, but at least it has been dry, with a temp of 10C and a noticeable cooling SW breeze.

I don't suppose there is much demand for cut flowers these days, just a few picked last week. The bulbs may be lifted later this year, but with the USA apparently being the biggest market for them, who knows?

One from my once daily exercise :oldmellow:

1292622785_daffs2.thumb.jpg.6be61a4c02ab65e8cc99fce4d8746e26.jpg

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Mainly cloudy but mild enough for me to decide to give the grass a first cut of the year while it's still dry. Other than that, day 3 of 'working from home' has been largely uneventful. 

Oh, and models consistently throwing out charts that would have coldies in rapture if they'd been 2 months earlier. April certainly looking on the chilly side,just when we probably all like it to warm up. 

Edited by Ravelin
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Cut my grass today also, possibly the earliest ever. Milder feeling today despite the thickening cloud. Went on my once a day walk this afternoon and spotted these flowers. Please settle an argument with my other half. What are they? They were slightly more yellow in real life.

601E3219-A192-4F5A-86FB-5394A0DB2242.jpeg

Edited by Norrance
  • Like 6

22 minutes ago, Norrance said:

Cut my grass today also, possibly the earliest ever. Milder feeling today despite the thickening cloud. Went on my once a day walk this afternoon and spotted these flowers. Please settle an argument with my other half. What are they? They were slightly more yellow in real life.

601E3219-A192-4F5A-86FB-5394A0DB2242.jpeg

Wild primrose. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Sun unexpectedly out for much of the day here, so a lovely walk with the dugs in the fields and later a bit of gardening, including a first lawn cut.

Was even wearing a t-shirt when mowing.

If only every day of isolation could be like that!

Although to be honest, where I live, this whole isolation thing just seems like any normal day off.

• Like 3