Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland /Alba weather discussion 2020

Norrance

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

Lovely wintry scenes above. 

Curtains opened...10 meters above sea...expecting a lovely wet ground with snowfall restricted to the hills across the water and higher routes behind me...✔️

6229DDD8-14D3-45E4-8B1E-863C8E36BFF7.thumb.jpeg.a7895dd2190c82ca4defbd4e270bc722.jpeg

It was never in doubt for here! 

Ah to live above roughly 100/150 meters in Winter and Early Spring - at least you folk always stand a chance in this setup for decent settling snow. 

Enjoy! ☃️

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Back to winter here too. White world and the big cattle float stuck up the farm road again Starting to get a wee bit windy too.

• Like 5

Posted

Fine start at 0c with a dusting overnight frozen to all surfaces. Ground frozen hard and thick ice on puddles.Mud free morning.

• Like 7

Posted

Nice to see some snow pics!

All is green and damp in coastal NE Fife as you would expect! Currently 2c/1c with a fresh WSWly wind.

• Like 4

Posted
40 minutes ago, scottish skier said:

Snaw, 6 cm of the stuff!

image.png

EDIT. Mrs SS measured as 6 cm, so I conceded. 

Lucky you! My wife downgrades anything I measure

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

It has gone very, very dark here but no snow. No surprise there then!. Temp is around 3c, rain, light winds. Miserable. Again. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
4 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

You've got the double whammy of sea level plus actual sea water to moderate the air temperature, that's never going to be a winning combination for snow. 

There are a few of us in this dirty watercourse with no means of propulsion situation....

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!
2 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

You've got the double whammy of sea level plus actual sea water to moderate the air temperature, that's never going to be a winning combination for snow. 

Exactly mate - it’s a double disappointment! 

As I said in the past...we are looking at moving to higher ground up North. (Hopefully within the next twelve months!)

Until then I will be forever grateful for this thread and every single one of you for posting snow pictures!  (When I have none!)

Cheers! ❄️

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
13 minutes ago, Mr Frost said:

Exactly mate - it’s a double disappointment! 

As I said in the past...we are looking at moving to higher ground up North. (Hopefully within the next twelve months!)

Until then I will be forever grateful for this thread and every single one of you for posting snow pictures!  (When I have none!)

Cheers! ❄️

Higher ground and inland is a better bet. Caithness is north and is useless for snow.

• Like 3

Posted

This mornings snow has pretty much vanished already. Nice to get and has probably saved this winter from being worse than 2018-2019. Just. 

• Like 4

Posted

Bit of a wintry start to the morning....

IMG_20200312_075104.jpg

Maggie was wondering what the hell was going on - she says it's spring!

IMG_20200312_071228.jpg

And thirty-second air frost at -0.1C

• Like 9

Posted

Snow all gone now but that was a nice albeit unexpected surprise 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

My daughter that lives in North of Glasgow's birthday today. Not for the first time she had lying snow as a present including the day that she was born.

Meanwhile here we have had some showers which were sleety early but typically no snow for us

Up in Highland Perthshire they did get snow and the following car was one of several that left the road between Aberfeldy and Ballinluig this morning.

AEDB056D-0AAC-4B4B-9CC1-F4BDA9397363.jpeg

12F6F1BC-C5A7-432B-AC57-697CB7A51D23.jpeg

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

For those that like a bit of history especially re Glasgow weather I came across the following in an historical society web page. A monthly weather record from the Glasgow observatory from January 1920. Note the detail taken. I also note that the Weeg wasn't any sunnier back then though there was a little snow at times.

D016AF65-54AB-45C2-80BE-F6569C62EA8A.jpeg

• Like 8