Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland /Alba weather discussion 2020

Norrance

Posted

as expected another wet day yesterday (and part of the night) cleared to showers before more wet weather tomorrow

• Like 4

Posted
35 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

Rogie3.thumb.jpg.610b58e18ad87ba50aed61d70b824339.jpg 

That could be a wonderful painting in a world class art gallery - great photography.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
48 minutes ago, shuggee said:

That could be a wonderful painting in a world class art gallery - great photography.

Thanks..!  I just like finding different ways of taking pictures of moving water and it's nice when someone else likes them.

• Like 5

Posted

The high winds returned yesterday but at least so far they have bought little rain so we now have the surface of the soil as dry as it was in the third week of October and we have lost most of the mud. Sheltered areas are still wet under the surface so it it will be  a while until we can think of sowing. Cool tonight at 3.5c after a mild  day yesterday. The mountain snow will have set up like ice overnight as temperatures fell again so it will persist well into spring and midsummer skiing arond the 21st of June seems a certainty especially if they get a top up this week.

• Like 5

Posted

I see the Met forecast for the Lothians mentions "snow to lower levels is possible on Wednesday night". Think @edinburgh_1992 mentioned the possibility last week. Certainly a possibility on some of the charts. Won't be holding my breath. Really enjoyed having some decent usable dry weather over the weekend. Couple of nice walks locally and just good to be out in some weak, early spring sunshine. Sadly back to pish today though and expecting a miserable cycle home later! 

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 6

Posted

Certainly looks interesting from a 'good god isn't this infernal winter over yet' point of view...

Has there been an occassion this 'winter' that -10C air at 850hpa has visited our shores? Not sure that I've actually seen it. 

• Like 7

Posted

A few hours of heavy rain this afternoon made a welcome change. Still feeling cold, currently 4C . Throw in the wind and the real feel is 0C.

• Like 2

Posted
4 hours ago, 101_North said:

I see the Met forecast for the Lothians mentions "snow to lower levels is possible on Wednesday night". Think @edinburgh_1992 mentioned the possibility last week. Certainly a possibility on some of the charts. Won't be holding my breath. Really enjoyed having some decent usable dry weather over the weekend. Couple of nice walks locally and just good to be out in some weak, early spring sunshine. Sadly back to pish today though and expecting a miserable cycle home later! 

Yep, worth keeping an eye on. Unfortunately very marginal again. Next week could high pressure finally bring us some good weather? GFS thinks so, ECMWF keeping us on the wet, mild and windy edge again :( 

Looking abroad, quite a significant spell of cold weather seems to be heading towards south-eastern europe. A beast that keeps on coming. Shame it’s not heading anywhere near us

12E6BC3F-F831-4071-AD7C-690CB45BB50A.png

4AB7DF7D-CAFB-4859-8A3C-F37F15B4B1E8.png

514B2344-4D9E-42C0-82FC-F145E5D5145F.png

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

Evening all

I can’t even get excited about wintry showers on low ground at this time of year - had about fifty of them through the last week of February! Sleet, graupel and a bit of wet snow and repeat. (Great for cloudscapes and the joy of when it all turns to heavy snow for five minutes! )

Oh for a settled, sunny and warm period or even a proper cold/snowy spell! 

I really wish we could quarantine/isolate boring, mundane and totally shitey weather.   

Have a good week everyone.

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!
10 hours ago, Mr Frost said:

I really wish we could quarantine/isolate boring, mundane and totally shitey weather.   

We have. It's in quarantine here, in Scotland. On top of us.

Edited by mardatha
  • Like 3

Posted

Yellow warning out now for snow and ice for pretty much all of Scotland except western coastal areas. Again it's dependent on height and the usual suspects will probably see some snow. Marginal and pish for the rest of us. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
5 hours ago, NUT said:

Jesus some really heavy rain around at the moment

Yes. Just got assaulted by 30 seconds of heavy wet hail. Yikes!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Felt mild in the sunshine here this afternoon. Temps peaked at 9.8C. I just noticed that  despite all the recent signs  of Spring (grass started growing very early and saw a large bumble bee yesterday) I have not actually recorded a double figure temperature since the 1st of Feb.

• Like 3

Posted

Just been cathing up, Rogie falls looks amazing in spate!! 

My girlfriend and I stopped by a couple of years back on our North Coast 500 trip. Loved it there! 

Screenshot_20200310_200454_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw, Snaw and mair Snaw

I've put the snaw shovel back in the shed after the anti-climax of the other week, now I see the daft thread is on about possible easterly set-up well it better hurry up and it'll have to be a bitter wind for any snaw to stick around at this time of year...again all too late in the season.

We are rapidly heading towards April and that's the start of summer for me so all this pishy cauld wetness can bugger off...its time for some warmth noo.

• Like 9

Posted
17 hours ago, Norrance said:

Felt mild in the sunshine here this afternoon. Temps peaked at 9.8C. I just noticed that  despite all the recent signs  of Spring (grass started growing very early and saw a large bumble bee yesterday) I have not actually recorded a double figure temperature since the 1st of Feb.

It reached 11.8c at Leuchars yesterday - I think there have been 4 or 5 10c or greater days in the last week. Amazing the difference a few miles makes!

Currently 8c/5c in a brisk WSWly wind.

• Like 4

Posted
3 hours ago, 101_North said:

Untitled-2.thumb.png.eb45248adbb19f58f9ab8f78485da19d.png

I raise you:

Capture44.PNG

• Like 3

Posted
13 minutes ago, shuggee said:

I raise you:

Capture44.PNG

I anticipate nothing of the sort here 

• Like 2

Posted

Just had a very nasty hail shower roll through that was short but a biggie

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

I've got heavy snow forecast for this postcode tonight.... TWO snowflakes!

• Like 6