Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland /Alba weather discussion 2020

Norrance

Posted

Had to pop out earlier about 7.30. Can't remember the last time I'd to scrape the car in the evening. Feels seasonal. Lovely and still too. Great stuff!

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
2 hours ago, Quinach said:

Tillyfourie near us saw virtually no thaw today.

Aye it was a winter wonderland this morning with snow hanging heavily on the trees by the side of the road. I was surprised to see virtually the same on the way home. Usually if a thaw doesn't clear them the wind does. 

Not a lot of obvious thaw in my garden, no doubt helped by the overnight frost last night. It was widely -4/5C at 9pm when I'd to run to Insch and back tonight too. 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, sun in summer!
6 hours ago, edo said:

Not too much to do though.... No offence tiff couldn't agree more re the guys, I have a timeshare in Aviemore which has a real buzz to it these days and plenty activities and a close drive to the cairngorm or Loch morlich and to a large city Inverness.... Really has a bit of everything. 

True.. won't be here much longer as myself and the other warden are being made redundant...change of managers and contracts, so who knows where we'll end up now. Today was the day I'll take away from braemar though, a perfect winter's day.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw, Snaw and mair Snaw

Loving the pictures...good to see some are enjoying the snaw.

A bit of a nothing day...it was actually quite pleasent in the afternoon the first time in a while a jacket wasn't needed for outside.

Colder tonight than of late I had a peek outside and the car's an ice cube...current temp -1.4deg/C.

I was watching the Saturday summary over on Weatherbell in the US they were hinting a pattern change could come in the first week or two in March when the Jetstream finally calms down a bit...I hope this comes off it'll be great to be rid off this reletless westerly wind.

Lots of cold air bottled up in the PV when this lot breaks up could this give us a cold start to the spring - https://www.wxcharts.com/?panel=large&model=ecmwf,ecmwf,ecmwf,ecmwf&region=polar&chart=850temp,850temp,2mtemp,850temp&run=12&step=204&plottype=10&lat=51.500&lon=-0.250&skewtstep=0 

Pic2.thumb.jpg.fe9f1029acf935c579cdaa2a91711fd3.jpgPic1.thumb.jpg.710713abb42a81c31a7a70473613e9f5.jpg

Edited by Klippie
  • Like 5

Posted

Opportunity for a surprise on Saturday night with the models playing about with different scenarios. 

A foot of snow and 50mph winds might be a too far fetched though 

Screenshot_20200226_070719_com.android.chrome.jpg

Edited by Ruzzi
  • Like 6

Posted
27 minutes ago, Ruzzi said:

Opportunity for a surprise on Saturday night with the models playing about with different scenarios. 

Here now! I got grief for posting nonsense like this. I await you getting the same

Edit: Ahh.....what the heck. Let them complain

Screenshot_20200226-073605.thumb.png.2bdadc9f0c12da1d591e8f58f2e04b8e.png

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 5

Posted

What an absolutely beautiful morning . Blue sky, sunny, completely still and white with frost! Fantastic! 0c

• Like 6

Posted
1 hour ago, 101_North said:

Here now! I got grief for posting nonsense like this. I await you getting the same

I'll join in!

Capture 43.PNG

Down to -0.3C overnight. Lovely drive in.

• Like 4

Posted

It'll come as no surprise but I enjoyed my morning cycle for the first time in quite a while! Lovely and frosty higher up, no frost lower down but much more ice on the canal. 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
4 hours ago, Ruzzi said:

Don't you f@@@in start with this sort of codswallop!

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 6

Posted
3 hours ago, 101_North said:

My take on it is that its the raw output generated by the gfs runs. I may be wrong but I had been using it as a quick guide to see what the gfs was showing locally. Met Office is having none of it just now ofcourse

• Like 4

Posted
8 minutes ago, Ruzzi said:

My take on it is that its the raw output generated by the gfs runs. I may be wrong but I had been using it as a quick guide to see what the gfs was showing locally. Met Office is having none of it just now ofcourse

It is total bin fodder. Just for fun only 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
4 hours ago, Ruzzi said:

Nearly 30cm of fog now that is quite a weather event! Might look a bit daft trying to measure fog though ( see @shuggee getting that accumulating fog too)

4 hours ago, 101_North said:

Ah the rare 3 snowflake symbol, well done  

Here is the single snowflake on mine, can't wait!  Screenshot_20200226_115157.thumb.jpg.77ef6515f2c53828b5133f85728cad9e.jpg

• Like 6

Posted
1 hour ago, Hairy Celt said:

Probably not Loch Ness :oldlaugh:

Aye think it’s the road up to Glen Doe wind farm, that tops out at about 2200ft, same wind farm some workers were helicoptered off in Feb 18, 30ft+ drifts etc 

• Like 4

Posted

As others have noted a drastic improvement in the weather after what has felt like weeks of wind and rain. Currently 6c/-2c here with relatively light winds (westerly 18mph) and plentiful sunshine. More please!

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Well slap ma face wi' a wet fish! It actually snowed here today! ❄️ Off course, it didn't lie as the ground is too wet but at least it did snow! Been a beautiful day here, crisp, clear blue skies, snow flurries too! In between flurries I was out wi' ma trusty log splitter making sure I had enough logs for stove and fire. It's right cosy in here noo so it was well worth the effort. Enjoy the white stuff wherever you are, it's been a long time coming! ?️❄️

• Like 9