Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland /Alba weather discussion 2020

Norrance

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

P*sh! All rain here I will definitely remember next time that when the dew points look even the slightest bit questionable DO NOT GET MY HOPES UP! and to help myself with that I came up with a handy little rhyme, if they ain't 0 or below you ain't getting snow  

9 hours ago, Klippie said:

I took the snaw shovel out the shed on Sunday afternoon this is usually scuppers any snaw falling...I take full responsibilty if it all we get is sleety pish..!!!

Right then you still taking full responsibility aye? ALWAYS wait before taking the snaw shovel oot

Still nice to see some enjoying snow

• Like 7

Posted

Snow line round here seems to be about 90m+ or thereabouts but falling as snow right into the city center.

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw
6 minutes ago, 101_North said:

Snow line round here seems to be about 90m+ or thereabouts

Aye, settling well at Dreghorn, but slushy here at Riccarton.

There's quite a bit of snaw in the borders, it seemed to get progressively heavier as it passed over. I kindae followed it during the commute. 

Edit

Ootside lauder post office earlier. 

IMG-20200224-WA0004.jpeg

Edited by scottish skier
  • Like 9

Posted

My wife is reporting wet snow falling back home in Tarves.  Only rain in Aberdeen though.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

Could have been decent here but it just never really got going.

Up at 100 meters (perishing wind, horizontal graupel/sleet/snow) - nothing settling but there was snowfall! Had a look around earlier this morning and seen that 300 meters and above was the place to be as there was a thick cover. (Didn’t have time to head up that high)
Really need a few frosts this week - fields are like muddy swamps! 
Forecast looks good and the freezing level looks as though it will hover around 200/300 meters this week - hoping to get up on the higher hills to enjoy proper snow on the ground! (400 meters and above)

E8D73935-3C43-410F-86F0-AE763B252B17.thumb.png.cae01a84316c2afbb2ea963e9cf0e5f1.png288956FF-DBDF-4A43-A840-E7957CCC3084.thumb.png.6d0fe0e0bbd8cd859395d4712d924fd9.png

Good to see some of you with snow on the ground! 

Still a mark of 1/10 for here this Winter! 

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: North Atlantic cyclogenesis

Sometimes I manage to get really good crisp and detailed high resolution captures. Check this out of Italy @ 8am this morning. Need this type of capture for UK when snaw is forecast. EDIT: Better if you open pic then right click. 

big.jpg

Edited by BurntFishTrousers
  • Like 7

Posted

After an early morning of rain/sleet it has been heavily snowing fat wet flakes for the past hour or so. They are catching on the grass, but turning the perma-puddles in the yard into sludge.

I suspect the local roads will have quite a covering, which is annoying as I have to go out, soon, on the important mission of posting a birthday card for eldest grandson.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow winter, hot summer

Snow on here and has started lying in last 20 minutes 

• Like 4

Posted

Alford and Aboyne academy's are sending some pupils home early due to the weather. No idea how bad it is as I'm stuck in Aberdeen where it's raining heavily.

Edited by Sceptical
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
2 minutes ago, Sceptical said:

Alford and Aboyne academy's are sending some pupils home early due to the weather. No idea how bad it is as I'm stuck in Aberdeen where it's raining heavily.

Strathdon and Muir of Fowlis busses so the usual  inland areas. Nothing happening in Banff, unsurprisingly. I suspect getting home will be no problem, possibly a bit sketchy if I go over the hill behind the house (400m). 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

Glencoe and the Cairngorms look incredible.

flypaper.jpeg
WWW.GLENCOEMOUNTAIN.CO.UK

Click to refresh the page Click a thumbnail to view larger webcam view  or scroll down for slideshow.
20180514_151644.jpeg
WWW.CAIRNGORMMOUNTAIN.CO.UK

Discover our wide range of on-mountain webcams, to help plan your slope-side adventures in advance!

@Northern Strath are you snowed in? 

96662262-1C37-4F1C-BF2D-FAC4C9F15846.thumb.png.9e369fd3be66ca9c7763c59be91dbe6e.pngFD09E2F9-FA89-4847-921F-3F41010A6040.thumb.png.2fbd785d25c2db158aa2d56e9ff9c3d2.png

Wee horse enjoying the snowfall...

581689AB-675A-4D5D-A6FA-9F9979D75E46.thumb.jpeg.2abd2f1e7319bf3e2f873a16bded5c2e.jpeg

• Like 6

Posted
13 minutes ago, Ravelin said:

Strathdon and Muir of Fowlis busses so the usual  inland areas. Nothing happening in Banff, unsurprisingly. I suspect getting home will be no problem, possibly a bit sketchy if I go over the hill behind the house (400m). 

The Suie, in winter conditions, is not for the faint hearted. I had a nightmare coming down there in a range rover 10 years ago. Nappy required

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow winter, hot summer
21 minutes ago, Sceptical said:

Seems to quickly change to snow as soon as you exit Aberdeen.

• Like 2

Posted

Been a long time since the Met Office showed this as the forecast for here....

image.thumb.png.32e063eafa0a8421e3483a1637ed2472.png

In reality, its very marginal.  Was rain until about midday then heavy snow since then.  This is now starting to lie but is also melting at a fair old rate as well as temperatures are hovering round 1c.

Ground conditions at the moment...

image.thumb.png.3e9d551f64f8045491b1b43f67a889ef.png

Which makes it the deepest snowfall for here this winter - dreadful record really.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, sun in summer!

Managed to get to Perth,  but pretty hairy. Aberdeenshire side was fine but from the kirriemuir turn off to blairgowrie was bad. Ploughs on the case though.

• Like 4