Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland /Alba weather discussion 2020

Norrance

Posted
5 minutes ago, edo said:

Love an orange glow photo 

Right I need to go to work early if it snows to cover some transport update info..... Do I need to set my alarm or will it be a sleety mess in perth tomorrow morning.... Million dollar question 

I would say it will snow in Perth from around 7.00 am , going by the latest forecast I would be expecting snow rather than sleet tomorrow. I will be leaving Kinross and heading to Binn Farm  (Glenfarg) at 5.30 am so hoping to get to work before the heavy snow arrives .  

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
35 minutes ago, Capri61 said:

I would say it will snow in Perth from around 7.00 am , going by the latest forecast I would be expecting snow rather than sleet tomorrow. I will be leaving Kinross and heading to Binn Farm  (Glenfarg) at 5.30 am so hoping to get to work before the heavy snow arrives .  

Welcome to the forum Capri.
Not so sure that Perth will get snow at least at low levels though I suspect that your elevation at Binn Farm will be enough and Kinross too should get some snow. Hopefully Perth does get it as then I would have a chance just to the West of Dundee.  

Edited by Norrance
  • Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Norrance said:

Welcome to the forum Capri.
Not so sure that Perth will get snow at least at low levels though I suspect that your elevation at Binn Farm will be enough and Kinross too should get some snow. Hopefully Perth does get it as then I would have a chance just West of Dundee.  

Thanks for the welcome ? I would think you have a good chance of snow as the forecast seems to be expecting snow to lie at fairly low levels tomorrow . Anywhere away from the coast 50meters ASL should see snow gather but might turn back to rain later in the day .

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw
58 minutes ago, Capri61 said:

Hi Folks , first post on here just  found this site. Looking good for snow lovers Tomorrow for most of Scotland so look forward to seeing some good photos . I stay in Kinross but my workplace is on top of a hill at a recycling plant near Perth so expecting to see some heavy snow tomorrow will post photos ?. Cheers Alex

20180301_082848.jpg

The ford capri's as cool as the snaw.

My grandad had a red capri when I was wee and I loved that car. Well sporty. 

Welcome tae the forum.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: North Atlantic cyclogenesis

Good stuff, 90% chance of snaw at 11am the morn according to yon Met O. And from an easterly which is always a bonanza here. Hopefully another wee snow video to end the month like it did to start it

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns
28 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

It's gonna be a sleety mess, surely? Sorry but let's face facts  

Yes but there is a higher chance as it impacts on work tomorrow..... If i don't set my alarm it would guarantee snow for all and a Similar to a young bulling for me.... Maybe should take one for team 

Posted
12 minutes ago, BurntFishTrousers said:

Good stuff, 90% chance of snaw at 11am the morn according to yon Met O. And from an easterly which is always a bonanza here. Hopefully another wee snow video to end the month like it did to start it

No sat pics of our potential snow? 

• Like 2

Posted

Cant argue with that BFT

Your life mantra 101

Never forget though u have had a snowman this winter ive not even had a snowball.... Maybe we shall both bask tomorrow in snowy greatness.... Sledge out for first time in 2 years be good  

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, edo said:

Sledge out for first time in 2 years be good  

I'll bet work gets in the way! All melted by home time

Posted

Been down with friends in England so missed yesterday’s snow, wee covering here, was 12 degrees warmer down there, good catching first sight of the hills on the descent to land 

3312E479-2938-4106-B2A2-8DB638091833.thumb.jpeg.bc1c83f43afa92aeb40fbf73151ed545.jpeg 

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow
17 minutes ago, 101_North said:

Expecting pish and disappointment! Hoping for snaw!

Same here, I wouldn’t be surprised if I wake up tomorrow morning and look outside to see wet rather than white after what has been a poor winter for snow. At least there is a chance tomorrow instead of  guaranteed rain and mild crap. Fingers crossed we all get the snow we deserve but without the travel disruption so people can get to where they need to be

Edited by Stormeh
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, sun in summer!

Gotta get to Perth for 2:30 tomorrow... from Braemar. Wish me luck!

• Like 5

Posted
16 minutes ago, 101_North said:

I'll bet work gets in the way! All melted by home time

I will be leaving early if there is usable powder 

• Like 2

Posted
11 minutes ago, tiff said:

Gotta get to Perth for 2:30 tomorrow... from Braemar. Wish me luck!

I wish u luck all the way until perth but hope its blocked by large drifts.... One can dream

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, 101_North said:

Prepare for a late shift

We are used to disappointment.... Are u cycling tomorrow

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

I do like the forecast for here from the Met Office...

DFCE7536-D37C-4447-A03D-BFD9A8DA14C3.thumb.png.a018e83d1696e03a639c33b9ff66022e.png

Please happen!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

The low doesn't look like developing as much as it once did which will have pros and cons, Pros - less marginal though the dew points still look slightly iffy 1C but should drop to 0 or below in heavier precip, temperatures look fine and 850 temps of around -6 are fine too. Cons - less developed means the precip wont be quite as heavy and widespread as it looked at one stage so any snowfall amounts will obviously be less too. With all that being said it does look like the eastern side should have the best chance with heavier snow being shown so Fife, Edinburgh, Dundee would be my hotspots though for some reason some of the the short range models have snow covering Fife but not for Edinburgh or Dundee (especially near the coast) possibly something to do with the winds being easterly?  personally I am hoping for at least a covering  1617060203_nmm_uk1-45-21-3(1).thumb.png.9a56a618c9f667df344a66c6bbab1039.png anim_rnf5.thumb.gif.ab739ad28846ac4a72ec25e60f9391b5.gifanim_ajg6.thumb.gif.36e1ff319d93219c22aef0fcab7be47b.gif

Good luck everyone and hopefully we can all get some snow 

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Ok so there's snow forecast for the Black Isle tomorrow :clap: I'm heading north for work first thing though :wallbash:as usual and Caithness looks like getting a few showers of..... RAIN.

We had a short walk out to Glen Affric this afternoon which was pleasant enough although the ppn was rain and the snow underfoot was doing its best to melt before sunset. Zombie snow.  Flooded roads from melt...

Some winter.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
12 minutes ago, 101_North said:

Hopefully not

Young HC has a nice new road bike for his city centre commute and will be heading out at 06:30 tomorrow.  I wonder how his skinny slicks will cope with deep slush :oldlaugh:

• Like 4

Posted
19 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

Young HC has a nice new road bike for his city centre commute and will be heading out at 06:30 tomorrow.  I wonder how his skinny slicks will cope with deep slush :oldlaugh:

I admire anyone that cycles in the city with slicks! I still use my old mountain bike with suspension forks and big tyres due to the state of the roads

• Like 1