Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland /Alba weather discussion 2020

Norrance

Posted

Just the same here sunny intervels and snow  showers with  a fresh breeze. Currently 3.5c

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
18 minutes ago, mardatha said:

I've had the same here since late morning Catch.

Ah but.... we need to know about / <slap>

Heavy snow now and starting to STICK!!

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

Possible heavy snow late Sunday / Monday then possible blizzard conditions and heavy snow / wintry showers through Monday? will obviously need to get this within range of the more accurate short range models but worth keeping an eye on. nmm-42-93-0.thumb.png.12c4948c5bd7f7abbc5bb25720ed632e.png  nmm-42-94-0.thumb.png.ca9d578923dd952d152c3435c2b296a6.pnganim_uxg7.thumb.gif.730c3674524b235891f8e4fdc4db66e9.gif  anim_ake1.thumb.gif.55a0876a12ac88ae4b979600665ed753.gif  anim_dsy4.thumb.gif.d6fdd78c06d298906439faac00b29df9.gif

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

This is just ridiculous. NOT HAPPY   -  Oldest son has come home to live after a breakup and he only has his m/c to get to work on. He works odd hours in odd places and has to cover very lonely isolated roads. Why couldn't the damn bloody snow have come last month? NOT AMUSED.

signed:  Victoria R.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

Heavy wet snow here 

• Like 2

Posted

All week here in Dunoon its been wet and windy with constant heavy showers mostly just rain but some had a bit of hail mixed in. Today has probably been the best day of weather this week so far we've had some sunshine and also around 2pm we had a heavy snow shower mixed with a bit of sleet and hail too it was enough to turn the place white and stayed that way for at least 2 hours something we haven't had this winter so far the temperature before the heavy shower arrived was 3.6c and dropped to 1.7c in just 15 minutes.

Edited by Zenarcher
  • Like 5

Posted

Can confirm the snow showers earlier in Edinburgh. More to come on Saturday I think with uppers touching -8C. Mild spell on Monday and then temperatures should drop again with plenty of opportunities for snow showers to low levels. 

At least February is feeling wintry.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.
3 minutes ago, NUT said:

Guess what? Just had ANOTHER flash of lightning/rumble of thunder

Think we heard that one here in Falkirk (unless the kids are having a stompy disco upstairs). 

• Like 5

Posted

Working in Fife Sunday night to Thursday night, keeping an eye on this thread as I hope the weather isn’t bad as it’s outside work. Doesn’t look good for me unfortunately, may double up on thermals and wet gear 

• Like 6

Posted

Mmmmmm,

Latest Met office update for this area is a mixture of sleet and snow on Saturday,with heavy snow for Monday.

Sounds good, if the forecast holds.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
9 hours ago, Sceptical said:

Mmmmmm,

Latest Met office update for this area is a mixture of sleet and snow on Saturday,with heavy snow for Monday.

Sounds good, if the forecast holds.

It's certainly going to be cold enough on occasions next week for snow, but also marginal too, so the forecast will change several times before Monday. 

In the meantime, today we have windy and very mild forecast. It already sounds quite breezy outside. 

• Like 6

Posted

Wild out! Lashing rain and the wind is really getting up. A fair roar round the house! Looking forward to my cycle to work

• Like 4

Posted
1 hour ago, 101_North said:

Looking forward to my cycle to work

And....to hell with that! My commuting carriage of choice will be a Lothian Buses 44 which just happens to stop right outside a fine purveyor of Scottish morning rolls and good coffee!

"Much more sensible on a day like that" says my wife who insists I need to lose weight

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns
26 minutes ago, 101_North said:

And....to hell with that! My commuting carriage of choice will be a Lothian Buses 44 which just happens to stop right outside a fine purveyor of Scottish morning rolls and good coffee!

"Much more sensible on a day like that" says my wife who insists I need to lose weight

As begbie said though its a ducking tightrope

Mad rainy windy cycle or a mad bus journey where the public attempt to interact with you. 

• Like 2

Posted
2 hours ago, Ravelin said:

It's certainly going to be cold enough on occasions next week for snow, but also marginal too, so the forecast will change several times before Monday. 

In the meantime, today we have windy and very mild forecast. It already sounds quite breezy outside. 

Tomorrow looks like being a wintry affair. Unfortunately the Lochnagar hike has been cancelled due to weather - 60mph winds and heavy snow = potential disaster. Have to make do with the local hills.

• Like 7