Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland /Alba weather discussion 2020

Norrance

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

Hmmm  

image.jpg
TRIB.AL

The discovery of a mystery skeleton uncovered on a Scottish beach during the recent Storm Ciara has led to speculation that it could be...

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

-3C in Halkirk just now :cold:  (unless my car's reading wrong) which is a bit lower than suggested in forecasts. Perhaps the snow cover is depressing it and there's not supposed to be any snow cover left :cc_confused:. Anyway it's nice to have winter here at last even if it'll soon be away again.

Oh and guess where Ms HC is heading for half-term? Northern England. :nonono:

• Like 9

Posted
On 10/02/2020 at 17:51, 101_North said:

Clearly visible from my upstairs window too!

20200210_174903-1560x3120.thumb.jpg.8c00969fa84ae93f28047c74ef9c8c5e.jpg

In Elie for the weekend and it's just as visible here too!

20200213_221532-1560x3120.thumb.jpg.cf15314bd67f55cca00acbe3c3ebd626.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: windy

The met are going for 63 mph in the early hours of Monday for me, i think that's the highest they've forecast all winter.If they're as accurate as they were with wind speeds last week then this could be more interesting than Ciara through the central belt.

Edited by Ross90
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw, Snaw and mair Snaw

The Met Office got it bang on...rain, rain and more rain, not a flake to be seen.

Nothing around showing any sign of cold...I've a feeling we're going to see a March/April cold spell which is a waste as the sun has too much strength for lying snow.

I want a nice warm April I've had enough of this relentless wet pish...another extended Autumn instead of Winter for 2019 - 2020.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
17 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

2C, a heavy grey sky and blowing a gale in Caithness this morning.  Seriously unpleasant again.

Similar here, not raining (yet) but grey, cool and breezy. The only consolation, if it is one, is that it's likely a better day than tomorrow will be. 

• Like 3

Posted

Rain but this shouldn't last too long Sunday Monday could be fun and games even if not for the rain this time wind likely to be more of a issue

• Like 2

Posted

Very windy here too but we have a blue sky break coming in from the west so it is not all bad news, currently 7c

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and....a bit more snow

Take care if you’re near Cardross at the moment folks ?!

20DD24B5-9A02-429D-BB29-57629AE27D99.thumb.png.0c099a35e35ac7777187e6deb7862b6c.png

• Like 9

Posted

After a cold night with a minimum temp of 2.0c it reached 8.5c this afternoon we had a few showers and gusty winds but the sun still managed to come out for a while. The snow on the hills has started to melt away now.

14th.jpg

Edited by Zenarcher
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

Goodness me. Just seen the forecast for Scotland, and can you guess? Yes, MORE snow! 

I tried to find some webcams over the hills of Scotland to see if any snow has settled, and sure enough, I found this!

snow.thumb.png.7c99c0af50266d750ad08fdf64b44d5f.pngsnow0.thumb.png.08f2d4280d6c1773ce6f19bf4c34a2d5.pngsnow1.thumb.png.2dda351edc4165bc8b0a37592c6655bc.png

(Probably not the best webcam, but at least snow is visible!)

I also found this beauty! I think the camera is offline, but this is somewhere in Scotland 2 days ago, and look at the scenes! Just imagine skiing in the snow with the sun illuminating on the snow!! 

snow2.thumb.png.a52331eecf1476406e6894b770e9652d.png

• Like 7

Posted

Grey, soggy and blowy this morning, thoroughly unpleasant; not even my enthusiastic doggy, fed up with trotting around the garden on her ownsome, can persuade me to venture out-of-doors for a walk.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw, Snaw and mair Snaw

Great pictures folks...Scotland looks amazing covered in snow.

A copy and paste weekend from last week...i.e.wind and pish, Temp showing 7 deg/C at the moment and raining.

A glimmer of hope...the ECMWF and GFS are showing what looks like a colder spell for a few days its hard to say as the systems are flying across the Atlantic so fast they may well get blown to pieces...not that the models have been anywhere near accurate that far out.

ECMWF.thumb.jpg.481c62b986b0c23c9ba22bcd9481731b.jpg  GFS.thumb.jpg.50f53d038bb75165f80f36cc1503ac25.jpg   

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: windy

Steady rain for a couple of hours now, not much wind though it's definitely not gusting to 45 like the met are suggesting... 

• Like 3