Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland /Alba weather discussion 2020

Norrance

Posted

Can't see it happening today at this point in time. Temp just not low enough - still 2c and the wrong side of marginal in every other parameter for lying snow. Nice surprise yesterday but most of the charts pointed to today being the better chance on lower ground. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Heavy snow still, wouldn't like to be crossing the moor now.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Wasn't really expecting anything here today but the wind has got up, the temp has dropped and there is snow blowing in on the wind. You never can tell in this type of airstream though if I expect nothing then anything that does come is a bonus.  

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Saw a real fork lightening on the M74 near to Abington and there was intense hail that covered the roadway but other than that roads were perfect.

Quite a lot of snow in some parts but basically zilch in low ground Edinburgh but hey ho

Edited by SW Saltire
  • Like 8

Posted

Wednesday night into Thursday could see the lowest temperatures of winter 2019/20 so far. Met office forecasting -11C for Braemar early on Thursady.

If memory serves, the coldest temperature recorded so far this winter is -11.3C.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, sun in summer!
8 minutes ago, Sceptical said:

Wednesday night into Thursday could see the lowest temperatures of winter 2019/20 so far. Met office forecasting -11C for Braemar early on Thursady.

If memory serves, the coldest temperature recorded so far this winter is -11.3C.

We actually need  bread and milk too.

Edited by tiff
  • Like 9

Posted
14 minutes ago, tiff said:

We actually need  bread and milk too.

Get yourself round the coop and stock up on beer and crisps, that's all you need

• Like 6

Posted

Some slush here and there on the way home, but at home there is hee haw.

I'm off to look for a house at the top of a hill.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Keep rushing to check the back light, only to find drizzle or sleet at best

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

• Like 9

Posted
8 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

Can anyone have a stab at whether ppn in Caithness tomorrow is more likely to be snow than it was today?

Evening HC,

In my far from educated opinion: Certainly lower 850s and (dare I mention it!) wet bulb freezing levels (they were up at 500m there today) tomorrow but I’d still be surprised to hear of any significant accumulating snow at or close to sea level...hope I’m wrong of course!

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
8 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

Can anyone have a stab at whether ppn in Caithness tomorrow is more likely to be snow than it was today?

I think there will be a good chance of it being snow as colder 850 temps move in  and dew points and temperatures look fine anim_zer5.thumb.gif.859523ea28216fdd5a715022d578d5ff.gif nmm_uk1-45-36-3.thumb.png.d611376761cae3a19d08d7e4b93e80da.png There is actually a small feature being shown which could enhance the precip image.thumb.png.0fcb10456ed5e9460fe491cf8ff898ed.png 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
1 minute ago, Hawesy said:

Evening HC,

In my far from educated opinion: Certainly lower 850s and (dare I mention it!) wet bulb freezing levels (they were up at 500m there today) tomorrow but I’d still be surprised to hear of any significant accumulating snow at or close to sea level...hope I’m wrong of course!

1 minute ago, CatchMyDrift said:

Much more likely, 950s are 3C colder up there tomorrow compared to today. What height will you be at?

I'll be at about 100m most of the day - got some rather isolated spots to visit... Today was horrendous in thick horizontal sleet, can't really get much worse.  Snow would be welcome!

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
2 minutes ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

I think there will be a good chance of it being snow as colder 850 temps move in  and dew points and temperatures look fine anim_zer5.thumb.gif.859523ea28216fdd5a715022d578d5ff.gif nmm_uk1-45-36-3.thumb.png.d611376761cae3a19d08d7e4b93e80da.png There is actually a small feature being shown which could enhance the precip image.thumb.png.0fcb10456ed5e9460fe491cf8ff898ed.png 

Yeah that 'small feature' looks interesting! Something or nothing!

• Like 5