Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland /Alba weather discussion 2020

Norrance

Posted
3 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

what is it?

It's flaring at the Mosmorron petrochemical plant near Cowdenbeath.

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Ah.  We don't need all this fuel we just spent billions getting out of the rock under the sea, we'll just add a significant extra dose of CO2 to the atmosphere.  

• Like 4

Posted

It has been great in Edinburgh, proper blizzards moving in from the west all day. Goes to show we can get snow even with an extremely strong polar vortex and jet stream (provided it tracks low enough). 

I strongly suspect the snow showers will merge into a longer spell of rain later on tonight, but back to snow showers tomorrow. 

• Like 9

Posted
9 minutes ago, edinburgh_1992 said:

It has been great in Edinburgh, proper blizzards moving in from the west all day. Goes to show we can get snow even with an extremely strong polar vortex and jet stream (provided it tracks low enough). 

I strongly suspect the snow showers will merge into a longer spell of rain later on tonight, but back to snow showers tomorrow. 

Yeah looks as if its just turned to sleet /wet snow here as that more organised band moves in. Hopefuly it changes back  to snow but it was expected to get a little warmer overnight. 

• Like 3

Posted
8 minutes ago, Ross B said:

Yeah looks as if its just turned to sleet /wet snow here as that more organised band moves in. Hopefuly it changes back  to snow but it was expected to get a little warmer overnight. 

Yep. Suspect this advance blob could be snow here and that main band behind could be sleet.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Yup looking at my radar prediction seems to turn to rain in the organised blob..... Typical but more favourable tue night so hopefully a big blob tue night that is snow and then kids can enjoy a day of it as off school. 

The lightest of dusting here, my mate in Fife near dundee has more and he's at 100m so really does show the elevation difference and how far these showers can move across the country giving good coverings. 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Great now walking dog in driving rain..... Aghhhhhhhhh 

• Like 6

Posted

Still heavy snow here but not settling now. Wet bulb must be on the move!

Edit: Settling again

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 4

Posted

What a crazy run home. Rain absolutely battering down leaving Greenock and largely rain except a little slush over Devol Moor at 200m. Snow was much lower heading to Lochwinnoch and road was a mess of snow, compacted snow, slush and huge amounts of standing water. If I wasn't sliding, I was aquaplaning. Here at home, last shower was wet snow with a slight slushy covering. 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Showers here today have mostly started as sleet then turned to snow as they got heavier then died out. The last one started as snow then turned to sleet as it got heavier and died out. A sign of wet bulb and or the dew point rising perhaps?

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Looking at current radar the showers seem to be merging but they are going to have to go some to get as far east as me. Still dying out over the Cairngorms currently. 

I wouldn't normally put links like this in here, but every little thing might help if anyone is interested. 

uEhDLVBPrZyWiKX-1600x900-noPad.jpg?15803
WWW.CHANGE.ORG

Leave the roadside verges to promote the wellbeing of Scottish pollinators.

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
16 minutes ago, Ravelin said:

Looking at current radar the showers seem to be merging but they are going to have to go some to get as far east as me. Still dying out over the Cairngorms currently. 

I wouldn't normally put links like this in here, but every little thing might help if anyone is interested. 

uEhDLVBPrZyWiKX-1600x900-noPad.jpg?15803
WWW.CHANGE.ORG

Leave the roadside verges to promote the wellbeing of Scottish pollinators.

I support this 100%. In parts of Caithness, the road verges are some of the last refuges for plant diversity, so it follows that if they're mismanaged, pollinators will suffer.

I believe there have been attempts to get Highland Council to manage verge cutting more sensitively, but with little success as contractors tend to do it when it suits them.

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Sounds like rain here just now. Still have lying snow but not sure how long it will stick around if the rain continues. 

@Ravelin signed.

• Like 5

Posted

Couldn't make it up. Had sleet all day...................and now we have rain

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
1 hour ago, Snowlover2 said:

My Friends van was hit with falling ice that fell from the Queensferry Crossing  southbound now closed until further notice. 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

As others have said, v heavy sleet 3c.

Shame, just too marginal

• Like 5