Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland /Alba weather discussion 2020

Norrance

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
12 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

Quite a few lowland places could see settled snow at times from Monday into Wednesday but the wet bulb level does fluctuate:

1299477588_Screenshot_20200207-171507_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.dc22d1de8b020d55ff9fe7f94a776773.jpg20200207_171834.thumb.jpg.3d561f1ed9b7d5746a548aa3e1599d2c.jpgDefinitely a mebbes ayes mebbes snaws kinda few days and the charts show it's too early to write off everyone's snow chances, but right to be a little sceptical.

Even mine?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind

If this is rapidly turning into a non-event... Friggin ScotRail have the Glasgow to Oban trains already cancelled through all of Sunday, and into Monday as well,

Edited by stevofunnelcl
too many alreadys

Posted

Twenty fourth air frost at - 1.5°C this morning. Got down to -5 on the car thermometer driving into work. 

Yellow excitement alert for the shuggee cottage Mon-Weds.... Same height as Abington on the M74 here so cautiously looking good. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: windy
10 minutes ago, stevofunnelcl said:

If this is rapidly turning into a non-event... Friggin ScotRail have the Glasgow to Oban trains already cancelled through all of Sunday, and into Monday as well,

Looks like an over reaction based on current forecasts but it seems to be quite hard to predict exactly where the worst of it will be even at less that two days out which is unusual.Lanarkshire has stronger winds forecast tomorrow than on Sunday currently. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

My postcode's got snaw on and off Mon to Thurs morning but the wind looks more worrying, up to 53mph. I hate high winds up here.

• Like 4

Posted
50 minutes ago, Snowlover2 said:

That’s probably from mossmorran. 

Numerous glasses of wine confirm I won't be walking to the other side of the bridge to confirm or deny that theory

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Does anyone remember when you're really small, you'd make out you're as old as you could, like 'You're only 5 and three quarters, I'm 6 and a quarter!'

I've started having these conversations again!  'I'll be 60 soon, gloom and doom...'  'Just wait till you're 70, you've seen nothing yet - no energy, arthritis, piles, can't sleep, bla bla...'

A friend today: 'I'll be 64 next week. It's brilliant, I can get jaffa cakesed as often as I want and nobody gives a lemon any more!'

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
4 hours ago, CatchMyDrift said:

Quite a few lowland places could see settled snow at times from Monday into Wednesday but the wet bulb level does fluctuate:

1299477588_Screenshot_20200207-171507_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.dc22d1de8b020d55ff9fe7f94a776773.jpg20200207_171834.thumb.jpg.3d561f1ed9b7d5746a548aa3e1599d2c.jpg

Definitely a mebbes ayes mebbes snaws kinda few days and the charts show it's too early to write off almost everyone's snow chances, apart from @Kirkcaldy Weather and @Hawesy and @Hairy Celt who aren't getting snow ever again, but right to be a little sceptical.

Thanks. Also includes my weekday home near Wick. :wallbash:

Gotta be a payback for this anguish one day. There have been a few posts here about Lapland adventures at some point - is anyone serious about this?

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Ok so seeing as my post in the "we pay a subscription thread" was removed because it was totally correct in outing members who give it the big listen to me I'm a weather god etc thread... I mean exact and follow my bull$**t and at some point in the next 100 years I will be right... motion this and stained glass windowing desphyer that.. exact this and that.. utter garbage this and utter tripe that.. the winter thread has become a place of hope casters that speak down to all other members like they are a higher being..a total waste of time and effort.. but as ever as soon as somebody posts in there to question it and make it out for exactly what it is the post is deleted.. I do honestly think that this place has really lost its fun in the last few winters and it is almost not worth having a say unless you are a so called big gun..my last post in here now. Thank you all for the fun and games over the years it's been a blast

For those of you that will stay I feel truly sorry as your thoughts etc will be stifled..such a shame as this place used to be such a good place for us weather nuts. Over and out.. no MAIR BIG SNAW...

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

You can't go yet @bigsnow winter hasn't arrived yet

• Like 4

Posted
9 minutes ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

You can't go yet @bigsnow winter hasn't arrived yet

He'll be back next year. Leaving the forum is an annual tradition

• Like 5

Posted
2 hours ago, Serac said:

Numerous glasses of wine confirm I won't be walking to the other side of the bridge to confirm or deny that theory

Haha, enjoy 

I’m in kelty and have the same glow in the sky. Mossmorran has been flaring a lot recently. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Big snow or the big hitter no sure who quits the most..... See u in 2 days mate when ure lapping up a cm of snaw 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Wind speeds appear to be even slightly higher on the models this morning but the worst still heading far south. However combined with the rain and the squalls we could still experience some very strong gusts in parts of Scotland...... After such a quiet winter would have liked the storm to be a bit closer... Assuming it didn't take my fence

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

That's some forecast. 36 hoors ae rain followed by 18 hoors ae snaw.

Blawin a hoolie throughoot it an aw.

Better walk the dugs while I still can. 

EDIT, hud oan, aifter a wee break, there's another 24 hoors odd ae snaw tae follow!

Well, at least we're actually getting some weather tae watch finally.

Edited by scottish skier
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Just crawled oot of bed and thinking now to crawl right back in again. Once I move the cat !

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Yesterday, pink fluffy clouds at sunrise. Later on, much blusteriness followed by three mini power cuts then one that lasted about thirty minutes. I went to my bed. This morning, pink fluffy clouds and a lovely sunrise and wind expected to be much stronger than yesterday. I road tested a small battery lantern last night, great wee thing. I think it may be well used later on! Stay safe Peeplings! ☔☔

• Like 7

Posted
17 hours ago, CatchMyDrift said:

Definitely a mebbes ayes mebbes snaws kinda few days and the charts show it's too early to write off almost everyone's snow chances, apart from @Kirkcaldy Weather and @Hawesy and @Hairy Celt who aren't getting snow ever again, but right to be a little sceptical.

Yep, even if conditions were optimal it wouldn’t matter as the showers will never reach here. Just as well I’m used to snowless winters! 

My take on it is that temporary slushy deposits may accumulate just about anywhere but if you’re looking for proper accumulation you’re going to need a bit of elevation. Then it becomes the finest of margins 150m, 200m?

The latest GFS has Wednesday with thicknesses as low as 516 dam/ -8c 850s (for Leuchars) but by then pressure has built and the showers will likely be dying out.

You’re right @CatchMyDrift with a cold, unstable airflow we can’t write off everyone’s chances at this stage! 

• Like 2