Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland /Alba weather discussion 2020

Norrance

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
6 minutes ago, Mr Frost said:

Not all bad news for Kirkcaldy! 

302F472D-1CE0-496D-ABA9-1B7C89E27D1D.thumb.png.814ab8070449e26a0033e00d7e47fc70.png45E5ABB2-EB30-4C9F-BEBC-7930ACE71BFF.thumb.png.8b07e66ea5cb9c853576e553b40813bd.png

I am sure you will see some exciting weather through Saturday to Wednesday.

Well I am single so it will be a romantic meal for one here On a serious note I really will be depressed if I don't catch at least a few wintry showers with winds and steering upper level winds that strong and add in the wind funnel

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

My work is around 210 metres so I should see some of the white stuff when there Monday evening. I think there maybe a few nice surprises for many of us on here next week

• Like 7

Posted

Looks like a nasty spell coming up say Saturday/Tuesday? (unless i've read things incorrectly)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: North Atlantic cyclogenesis

Remember those recent hi-res weather pics I manged to decode from Meteor M2 satellite? I was hoping to produce some nice up to the minute pics for this forum when Storm Ciara hits but the satellite has only gone and lost orientation and is now producing nothing. Pfft, bad timing. 

EQFAbHhUcAA1aDL.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Nice and dry for me looking at the warnings. poxy mountains soaking up all my snaw.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns
1 hour ago, BurntFishTrousers said:

Remember those recent hi-res weather pics I manged to decode from Meteor M2 satellite? I was hoping to produce some nice up to the minute pics for this forum when Storm Ciara hits but the satellite has only gone and lost orientation and is now producing nothing. Pfft, bad timing. 

EQFAbHhUcAA1aDL.jpg

F f s  mate been loving your work.... Fingers crossed get it sorted 

Edited by edo
  • Like 3

Posted

Meti Office Update 

Currently out of Amber printer cartridges therefore will update weather warnings shortly once the delivery arrives from PC World 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: windy

Not sure anywhere away from the far northwest is worth an amber warning yet.If the central belt gets one it's usually when 70 mph + is expected.

• Like 1

Posted

Beautiful day with clear blue skies, light winds and feeling warm in the sun (current temperature 5.7c after a overnight low of -2.6c).

Gained over 2hrs of daylight already since the winter solstice, great to be able to get to work in daylight!

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

First signs of snowfall from the wrf as we go through Sunday, from the NW across toward @tiff 1818666764_nmmuk-45-72-0(1).thumb.png.e0bc498350bd66ee5c54d84eb836ccd6.png just look at that constant area of CAPE and convective precip streaming in from the Atlantic  anim_had7.thumb.gif.b4a6b4952b297d5ff5c4000b063995a3.gif anim_jrj0.thumb.gif.6139fc0e500c50be83aa2292e2d27801.gif its the reverse instead of a convective easterly it is a convective westerly  

Edited by Kirkcaldy Weather
  • Like 7

Posted
19 minutes ago, Penicuikblizzard said:

Looking good Monday evening throughout the Central belt ⛄️ 

A09157F8-9826-4F11-93DA-CA1E2C803DBF.png

Edinburgh snow shield clearly visible

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Ha! That’s actually incredible. 

Guess where I’m due to be on Monday...

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Glaswegianblizzard said:

Ha! That’s actually incredible. 

Guess where I’m due to be on Monday...

Kirkcaldy? 

• Like 4

Posted

Massive number of geese flying overhead the last hour, all heading SE.  Must have seen the weather forecast for the week ahead!

Suspect Montrose Basin will have plenty occupants this evening.

• Like 2

Posted

Forecast to snow in Nashville later today and into Friday! Unreal after the sunny and warm start to the week!

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!
6 minutes ago, 101_North said:

Forecast to snow in Nashville later today and into Friday! Unreal after the sunny and warm start to the week!

Get the lamppost watching going in the early hours!
Then yer shorts back out on Sunday! 

60516FB5-F1EA-4FC3-8429-CFF11FE4A357.thumb.png.1b970ef070dc7d0d45ecae48efd84c38.png

What a great climate that would be to live in - one extreme to the other! 

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 3

Posted

I have to say, I think the met office snow warning is pretty Conservative for Monday into Tuesday. 

1-3 cm on ground above 150m and 5-10cm above 300m.... I reckon ground around 200m could be looking a good bit more than 1-3cm. I'm around 200m and places such as Shotts are about 240 - 260m.... I'll be amazed if there's only 1-3cm in these places. I had more than that last Tuesday!! 

Having said all that, even 3cm can turn into carnage when strong winds and drifting is involved, still very plausible to have exposed roads with decent drifts off fields etc but given the fact its a pm airflow and the snow is likely to be quite wet rather than the dry powdery snow produced from an easterly then drifiting may not be as bad as what it could potentially be, ala BFTE

Screenshot_20200206_191408_com.huawei.himovie.overseas.thumb.jpg.792615995cdd0767572a09454248f497.jpg

Screenshot_20200206_191402_com.huawei.himovie.overseas.thumb.jpg.d92e0e6499deb9e57049afcd07568a59.jpg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

First Amber alert in weeks - keep yer eyes peeled everyone! Lovely clear night for many of us currently! 

64990AC9-2F01-40C7-9080-F83EF05DE6B8.thumb.png.2ccf11fbcb076f4a04199f7c4a02f164.png

• Like 5

Posted
On 03/02/2020 at 13:49, SW Saltire said:

The ground is very very wet. Really could do with an improvement down here but seems like this time next week we’ll be getting battered again... Shock. I hope it’s white rather than wet!

I never seen(Over 50 years) the ground so wet in this area over  the  last three months. We are normally on the dry side most of the time.My factory scale dairy farming neighbours were rolling grass at the end of January for what we think must zero grazed grass for the spring. Had to roll down the hill in some of the fields to avoid damaging the grass.A farming operation I have never seen done in January before.

• Like 9

Posted

Forgot to post above. The weather today did try to redeem itself with blue skies,sunshine and no wind all day .Took the opportunity to lay in a store of neeps as when ground is dryer machine works better.DSC01792.thumb.JPG.16b7159ab88c80e615d527f46e215f58.JPG Only managed to lift two thirds of field as having to leave bottom third as ground to wet. Cows are eating  off this wet area as machines and tractors would just sink. Maxiumum  today of 8c currently 2c

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
8 minutes ago, Northernlights said:

Forgot to post above. The weather today did try to redeem itself with blue skies,sunshine and no wind all day .Took the opportunity to lay in a store of neeps as when ground is dryer machine works better.DSC01792.thumb.JPG.16b7159ab88c80e615d527f46e215f58.JPG Only managed to lift two thirds of field as having to leave bottom third as ground to wet. Cows are eating  off this wet area as machines and tractors would just sink. Maxiumum  today of 8c currently 2c

Crikey. No wonder there's a methane problem!

Nice day in Caithness too, looks like another on tomorrow then it all goes a bit weird and sort of wintry for a few days.

I've just been looking back at my photos from two winters ago to remember what deep lying frozen snow looks like.  Sad really, I can't help myself wondering whether we might already have buggered the atmosphere too much already. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Windchill

Yikes

anim_iug2.gif

• Like 7

Posted
19 minutes ago, edo said:

Windchill

It’s going to feel very bitter after the mild winter so far. The central heating will be up full blast next week!

• Like 4