Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland /Alba weather discussion 2020

Norrance

Posted

Rain this morning then drier with a few showers with some hail mixed in, before the rain set in again. Spent the dry part of the day in the garden. Everything is just waterlogged. Some stuff is at the stage I'd expect late March. Even got a rose about to come out! 

IMG_6007.thumb.PNG.2fca8f9cd833aeffefff3353c1bbf740.PNG

I see the warning for wind tomorrow has been pegged back to just western parts. 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

Looks like gusts of 50mph or a little bit higher through tomorrow focused across the north and extending down toward here anim_cif3.thumb.gif.a5cbf8b01a77817839146e18f6b92246.gif oh and @CatchMyDrift I found a Clyde-Forth streamer for tomorrow night  nmm_uk1-42-26-3.thumb.png.8a2d61a87f0a686d302d44081ff38c0c.png

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Oh look! It's raining! Oh my! It's windy again! Golly gosh! Ferry suspended again! Basically a rinse and repeat scenario from just about any day in January. Too boring for words so I'll head off and make more tea. ☕

• Like 8

Posted

Misreporting Scotland weather on BBC Breakfast with Judith at 6.30am.

Spot the (quite fundamental) error?!

IMG_20200203_064531.jpg

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Mistyqueen to hell wi the tea - I think it's time to start on the gin. Get in a crate of it!

Shuggee is the mistake in the date or in the colour and density of her make up? (oh meeeoww)

Edited by mardatha
  • Like 7

Posted

It's the temperatures! Overnight tonight is going to be 0-3C countrywide with snow above 150m. She even said 'not cold'.... The UK weather with Carol didn't make the same mistake. All very odd.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Just ordered a top up of the oil tank, the current price is 42.9p a litre. i asked how come it's that low and the reply was " it's the lock down in China" if you use oil for heating maybe a good time to book a top up.. oh yeah the weather. sunny windy and some place between cold and mild, not sure what you call that..

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Heavy snow forecast for me this afternoon and tonight.

• Like 5

Posted

Wild wet and windy here today. Cool too at 4c . Roll on this

_102231050_paddling.jpg
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Researchers say the country should prepare for more summers like 2018, with temperatures of about 30C.

Really grumpy old farmer getting very fed up with wet days and very muddy ground.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: North Atlantic cyclogenesis

I've now managed to set up more sophisticated software which allows better resolution weather images than I had before. Here's an example from half hour ago showing beefy showers (snow / rain ?) out west.

UTM-2020-2-3-9-48-3-574_RGB.jpg

Edited by BurntFishTrousers
  • Like 7

Posted

Next week starting to look really interesting, maybe something to rival mid January 2018, still plenty that can change but I won't turn my nose up at a week like that again 

Screenshot_20200203_112502_com.android.gallery3d.thumb.jpg.93213ff02fc2b7bce4d16005ad1deff1.jpg

Screenshot_20200203_112500_com.android.gallery3d.thumb.jpg.f79d91372d2e410932bed41dd6ef1b2d.jpg

Screenshot_20200203_112456_com.android.gallery3d.thumb.jpg.11d1de2a99cf8174fc656da8fa52ed52.jpg

Maybe a little interest for tonight aswell 

Screenshot_20200203_110125_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.92233a22e92003c02c24083561da2c48.jpg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
2 hours ago, shuggee said:

It's the temperatures! Overnight tonight is going to be 0-3C countrywide with snow above 150m. She even said 'not cold'.... The UK weather with Carol didn't make the same mistake. All very odd.

And I thought that it was too much fake tan?

Braw and sunny here today so far if a bit breezy. 6C.

• Like 4

Posted

Next week looking like it could be shall we say a tad windy. mind it is the GFS and it does love to over do these Atlantic lows. something to keep an eye on.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: North Atlantic cyclogenesis

Stitched two passes together. Definitely snowy showers out west. As the sun goes down I reckon sleet by bedtime

met.jpg

Edited by BurntFishTrousers
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, and Thunderstorms

Heavy sleety showers as I drove from motherwell to kilbirnie there

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer
3 hours ago, Northernlights said:

Wild wet and windy here today. Cool too at 4c . Roll on this

_102231050_paddling.jpg
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Researchers say the country should prepare for more summers like 2018, with temperatures of about 30C.

Really grumpy old farmer getting very fed up with wet days and very muddy ground.

The ground is very very wet. Really could do with an improvement down here but seems like this time next week we’ll be getting battered again... Shock. I hope it’s white rather than wet!

4.5c, v heavy sleet shower passing through at present. If I wasn’t trying to save to buy a house in Edinburgh i’d be gan on the next flight to dubai i’m telling you

Was having a read of the late Feb/early March 2018 thread - made me almost cry

Edited by SW Saltire
  • Like 2

Posted

Lovely sunny day, max of 6.5c (currently 5.5c) and a tad windy.

Spring has arrived though, the rotary dryer is back up and running and the wind today managed to dry the whole load in just over an hour.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
5 hours ago, shuggee said:

I'll be in Halkirk tonight, forecast of 7C early morning. Where's the error? Or am I looking at the wrong forecast?

Posted

Anybody in here used wood briquettes before? just found a big bag of them in the garage left here by the previous tenants. was thinking about giving then a go. weather wise its windy, sunny and now getting a tad cold.

Posted
17 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

@Ruzzi it's looking like a good shout about Jan 2018, even the UKMO is getting on board the snowy westerly bandwagon:

1778981781_Screenshot_20200203-162045_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.768902b2e718dcd7af8db371bb0f510f.jpg

If the ECM sticks to what it's been showing for run after run then that's a full house.

Yep definitely, just need to see it count down without too many drastic changes, if I remember correctly, the spell in mid January 2018 counted down pretty consistently from a reasonable distance away when it started to show on the models. 

The chart for Monday coming is relatively similar to the chart from the day that I put those photos up from earlier on, 850's very similar also. 

This is the GFS chart for Monday coming

Screenshot_20200203_162920_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.bcb835f78310b8bf35ee92b5ea3fe744.jpg

And this is the chart for 16th of January 2018 

Screenshot_20200203_163159_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.aa780c338a323877bfab091274084576.jpg

And I'll throw this in just for fun for this coming Monday... 

Screenshot_20200203_164028_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.4e5e1790ed8fccd5d394da7cb9afbb1f.jpg

Edited by Ruzzi
  • Like 7

Posted

Remember in Friends where Joey wore all of Chandlers wardrobe at once.. that’s similar to the amount of layers I had on today and it still felt uncomfortably raw. Outdoor work can reward you in the summer but really batter you in these months. Today was just horrible, icy wind and sleet. My partner says it’s been snow showers through the day here on and off, just drove through one on the way home

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer
5 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

Look at the 500 temps:

2040264587_Screenshot_20200203-171420_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.bfdd148546b58adbc21f799ed76a0021.jpg

Still a long way away but yes please.

I’m aware of 850s but 500s.... what is typically conducive to snow?

Edited by SW Saltire

Posted
2 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

You wore all your clothes without underpants?

Forgot about that bit  can confirm undies were worn, would have worn another pair on my head for warmth but would have prob drawn strange looks and further health and safety paperwork 

• Like 2