Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland /Alba weather discussion 2020

Norrance

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
8 minutes ago, Sceptical said:

Recent update from the Met Office is for light snow for this area 11am onwards.

Its moving North East right enough. This road was clear half an hour ago. It is at Amulree.

59D4590A-4EBE-4FF0-9F43-106E6018595E.jpeg

edit. Rain has reached here in Dundee now with just a hint of sleet on the car windscreen. 1.5C

Edited by Norrance
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW
5 minutes ago, Sceptical said:

Recent update from the Met Office is for light snow for this area 11am onwards.

Just plain old cold rain for me by the look of it.. fed up with this winter.

• Like 3

Posted
57 minutes ago, Norrance said:

Its moving North East right enough. This road was clear half an hour ago. It is at Amulree.

59D4590A-4EBE-4FF0-9F43-106E6018595E.jpeg

edit. Rain has reached here in Dundee now with just a hint of sleet on the car windscreen. 1.5C

Currently the temperature is still well below freezing up here. Any precipitation is likely to fall as snow.

I've yet to witness falling snow for my area this winter. Hopefully that changes in the next few hours.

Screenshot_20200202-120121_Met Office.jpg

Edited by Sceptical
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Sleet here.... The kind of weather that chills you to the bone after a few mins in it. Actually have some slushy deposits and trying to turn to snow at times. 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, sun in summer!

Real hard frost last night here,  and been snowing steadily for the past couple of hours. Still below freezing and no wind so place is white. Looks lovely.

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Snowing lightly here too now. Strangely, despite it being an awful winter, technically I've seen lying snow Nov, Dec, Jan and now Feb. 

IMG_20200202_125953.thumb.jpg.1aac9b77a2b93df3cd48b113ed7a5d16.jpg IMG_20200202_125930.thumb.jpg.67700a217f05b835a5e93fe544fca3fd.jpg

Edited by Ravelin
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: windy

There's currently still a 21 hour yellow warning for wind where i am with max gusts forecast to be 42mph... it's been over 50mph with no yellow warning a couple of times this winter, can see why people think the warning system is farcical at times.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

RAIN... that's it im done with this terrible winter. bring on spring. 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

Brilliant snow pictures @CatchMyDrift @Halfamilefromnowhere @Ruzzi - I would be happy with 1cm snow on the ground the way this Winter is going! 

@101_North you have a great job! Luxembourg recently with -4c and now Tennessee at 18/19c! Would not mind a bit of that just now!

4c here and heavy rain! Horrible dark/dank Winter's day! Good to see some snow about up North! 

Have a good Sunday! 

• Like 6

Posted
4 minutes ago, bigsnow said:

RAIN... that's it im done with this terrible winter. bring on spring. 

The snow lasted for about 15 minutes here and has all but melted. A short respite from the worst winter I can recall since moving here in 2004.

Pish!

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!
7 minutes ago, Sceptical said:

The snow lasted for about 15 minutes here and has all but melted. A short respite from the worst winter I can recall since moving here in 2004.

Pish!

That’s probably yer lot for this Winter.  At least you can say you seen snowfall! 

February 28th 2018 from my old house...

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
19 minutes ago, Sceptical said:

The snow lasted for about 15 minutes here and has all but melted.

Same here even at over 200m and preceded with a hard frost it really struggled to lie and has all but gone. 

GFS 6Z teasing with an incoming easterly right at the end... 

gfs-1-384.png?6 gfsnh-0-384.png?6

Personally I'm not sure I can be bothered any more, an early warm spring seems much more appealing now. (do you think reverse psychology works with mother nature?). 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
1 hour ago, Hairy Celt said:

Heavy drizzle now, could possibly be RAIN :shok:

Just found a dead mouse in the sofa. Cats are getting lazy. In fact, one's asleep on a chair in the kitchen, one's asleep on my bed and one's asleep on an old pullover in the bathroom. It's that sort of day. We did get a beach walk in earlier, some unusual patterns in the sand after the neap tides.

Rather a <yawn> lazy afternoon myself.... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

A wee present perhaps?

• Like 7

Posted

@Polar Gael great scenes! 

As @CatchMyDrift has already said wind gusts have toned down from previous predictions - GFS now brings my strongest gusts between 3am and 6am on Tuesday. (Met Office forecasts 50mph)

1D3D26CA-8C6F-4AB2-ADAF-2FBE4295FDA0.thumb.png.595d6feece11398fffb65e20fd31a002.pngF13644F6-6B24-48E3-82D6-51E639684D3D.thumb.png.e6421a3c6d2246aefe54bfe5da8d8cc8.png

Still a windy day tomorrow with gales for many of us. 

4905CFCA-41F6-43B2-843D-EACEE1B0D00C.thumb.png.4e4969b2f272afeeb1f742e5325b7e79.png

Almost fell asleep reading the updated monthly Met Office outlook...(so boring I could not even be bothered charging my phone or inserting my SIM card after cleaning my phone )

D2925AFF-6249-4CEF-881C-2FD3E8370281.thumb.png.67180c85f24d32473bdd87293cefb715.png2BAC69EE-018F-40E0-9ECB-9CE69559FA11.thumb.png.b115ed7de4a6d22621be6c75f8a0223c.png

I agree with @Ravelin - early warm Spring would be great. (If we cant have cold/snow)

The mild temperatures don’t bother me during Winter if they arrive with sunshine and light winds...this Winter the issue has been the low cloud, rain and nagging wind that have arrived with them. (IMBY)

Enjoy the rest of yer Sunday and hopefully that Met Office outlook is way off...wouldn’t bet against it though. 

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms
1 hour ago, Hairy Celt said:

Heavy drizzle now, could possibly be RAIN :shok:

Just found a dead mouse in the sofa. Cats are getting lazy. In fact, one's asleep on a chair in the kitchen, one's asleep on my bed and one's asleep on an old pullover in the bathroom. It's that sort of day. We did get a beach walk in earlier, some unusual patterns in the sand after the neap tides.

Rather a <yawn> lazy afternoon myself.... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Get those cats mobilised. My dog, Mylo,is better at getting rid of meece than those two. Correction, he sees them, goes up to them and then is scared when they move. He's scared of most things that move - plastic bags and "stop signs" wavering in my headtorch in the night become monsters...

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

The current met office video forecast basically ignores Scotland for the next 24 hours.  Perhaps they know something we don't or perhaps they just don't give a flying one :cc_confused:

• Like 1

Posted

A rather pleasant 21c here in Nashville. Work finished for the day so time for a beer outside somewhere! Can’t believe it’s 2nd February!!!

Shame I’m no big fan of country music! I was expecting live music everywhere but this is off the scale

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 9