Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland /Alba weather discussion 2020

Norrance

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Subzero
5 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

So which part of Scotland looks least likely to see any snow over the next day or 2? Yup, chez HC. And I've only got myself to blame, buying a full set of Weatherproofs.

And by the time I get home at the end of the week, it'll be pithing down. 

Bitter? Well only slightly...

SeemsI picked the worst possible week to spend a week in the far east of Sutherland and Caithness  

• Like 6

Posted
8 minutes ago, edinburgh_1992 said:

Edinburgh airport was reporting light snow, changed to light rain about 5 minutes ago. Just rain in the city centre

I'm happy to compromise on 'light sleet' for now

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Hmm, think we have sleety rain judging by the back light. I'm off for an early night, I suspect I'll wake up to dampness. Good luck everyone ❄️❄️❄️

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
14 minutes ago, Benvironment said:

SeemsI picked the worst possible week to spend a week in the far east of Sutherland and Caithness  

Possibly. Unless you're being paid to be here, you have the option to leave, of course.

• Like 1

Posted
14 minutes ago, 101_North said:

I'm happy to compromise on 'light sleet' for now

Sleet in the city centre too now. Surprised it isn't completely snow up in Currie, there was a moment 2 minutes ago with pure snow falling here.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: windy

Heavy rain transitioning to snow in Motherwell, 20 mins of heavy-ish snow starting to settle here now.Any higher areas in Lanarkshire will get a decent covering.

• Like 4

Posted

Nice sunny day today.  Overnight low of -1c and a max of 4.5c, feeling pleasant in the sunshine where sheltered from the keen SW wind.

Went below freezing just after dusk but I see that the temperature has risen to 1c.

Not getting hopes up that it will be a white picture outside to start the day tomorrow.

• Like 4

Posted

Turned to heavy wet snow here, and all surfaces starting to turn white (at about 70 metres asl)

Was very wet sleet on the car windscreen on the M74 near Uddingston, but suddenly turned to proper flakes in a heavy burst.

Edited by Spindrift2017
typo
  • Like 6

Posted

2.1/0°C and snow earlier. Then over last three hours temp has dropped slowly, ppn has fluctuated with everything but the kitchen sink and now 0.6/-1°C and it's light sleet. Grass has wet white splodges and garage roof is whiteish. This last burst that's pivoted around and headed NE out of D&G must be last chance saloon. Really couldn't be closer to marginal if it tried. Love the weather here! 

• Like 7

Posted

Rain here in Glasgow city centre (through for Celtic Connections) but snow on some of the cars. The >100m call looks pretty good right now! 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

Chucking it down with rain here temperature earlier got to 1.1 C and DP below zero now 2.9 C / DP 1.2 C and latest wrf keeps it pretty much all as rain here. 

• Like 2