Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland /Alba weather discussion 2020

Norrance

Posted
17 hours ago, Ravelin said:

Not so toasty outside, the wind had a real bite to it. Still managed to get some useful work done outside though, with a second PIR floodlight fitted at the front of the garage. Ran wiring for one at the back garage door too, but got too cold and dark for me to actually fit and wire it in today. Will get finished tomorrow. 

Now sat nice and cosy with the log burner going. 

You've landed lucky again with the weather for your electrical works. Ive been outside working since first light, garden maintenance and sorting out the garage in advance of the house going on the market - the amount of crap in there is ridiculous.

Out of the wind, theres warmth in the sun which I felt these last few days. Cloud starting to build with temperature at 5C. Not a bad day.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
2 hours ago, Sceptical said:

You've landed lucky again with the weather for your electrical works. Ive been outside working since first light, garden maintenance and sorting out the garage in advance of the house going on the market - the amount of crap in there is ridiculous.

Out of the wind, theres warmth in the sun which I felt these last few days. Cloud starting to build with temperature at 5C. Not a bad day.

Finished it off this morning and I was frozen through by the time I got it done. Just a thin layer of cloud made all the difference in the feel of the weather compared to yesterday. Still a half decent day though. 

• Like 3

Posted

Was out walking in the southern uplands yesterday, Hart Fell, was expecting snow cover, alas nothing other than patches from previous falls. The freezing level was about 700m, still a good walk. Lakeland Fells above about 600m have a decent cover, I guess the central southern uplands don't do well from cold westerly/north westerly airstreams.

A harsh frost overnight in Moffat. Lovely frosty scenes this morning.

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice
1 hour ago, Mr Frost said:

Incredible sunset tonight - definitely in my all time top 3 favourites.

80059B5D-934C-4E28-9CF3-220044EEA8E5.thumb.jpeg.5b137653ebc13a952cc8479f56905c07.jpeg697DE878-1075-4343-8867-A0B688C65824.thumb.jpeg.534f96a4724d9a9791a7ce5f4433cc31.jpegED70DF62-2CB9-4E07-A69A-2521BACEA0C0.thumb.jpeg.7ef8c5649590250ae71ea79af2a78adf.jpeg

C4757839-84FB-4E67-ABFC-1B2C90ECF1A8.thumb.jpeg.b043ac95471046be1056f6513a8e515f.jpeg

Beautiful Scotland. ???????❤️

Very very nice indeed

we had some stunning sunsets here too,especially on 29th Dec

me and my workmate are planning a trip up there soon for some hiking,i have missed Scotland and it has been a while since the last time i visited.

• Like 2

Posted
14 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

Crazy cloud day!!

Slightly adjusted for contrast but not far off reality 234032325_clouds190120a.thumb.jpg.d87463b807d680ea4cde98a314ff46dd.jpg       2084440707_clouds190120.thumb.jpg.3ab572a0eacb36e019dd3fc9e0651d43.jpg 

Stunning sunset a bit ago with what looked like orange mammatus - unfortunately I was in someone else's car as a passenger and they didn't stop...

After a clear morning, these were the type of clouds I noticed earlier, with a few lenticulars as well, when returning home over the Cairn o Mount about 45mins before sundown. It was all quite interesting with pale orange/yellow/grey colours overhead. I also was unable to stop for pics.

Missed the actual sunset.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
8 minutes ago, scottish skier said:

Just before the last run of the day. 

Some really beautiful photaes posted on the thread. What a sunset I missed. I hope might get some points for snow content at least!  

DSC_0580.JPG

Ou are vous?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw
11 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

Ou are vous?

Je suis à Arc 1600, en France. Dans le pub. Avec une grande bière! 

Edited by scottish skier
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
10 minutes ago, scottish skier said:

Je suis à Arc 1600, en France. Dans le pub. Avec une grande bière. 

Excellent :oldgrin:. I can experience your pleasure from a distance - while working on a construction site in Caithness it's always good to have a few ways to escape...

• Like 4

Posted

Beautiful start to the day with clear blue skies, light winds and the temperature is already 5c.

Enormous number of geese flew over the house towards the NW just after dawn, literally thousands of them in multiple waves - definitely the most seen in the last few months.  Crappy camera phone does not do the spectacle justice...

image.thumb.png.f4402101e586bbb49a108805137f5713.png

• Like 5

Posted

Very windy overnight and again this morning  Blue Skies and sunshine however and ground is still drying.. Currently 7c

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Things looking a bit more promising going into February? 

Uppers a bit more like you'd hope for in winter anyway! 

spacer.png

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
2 hours ago, Quinach said:

Beautiful start to the day with clear blue skies, light winds and the temperature is already 5c.

Enormous number of geese flew over the house towards the NW just after dawn, literally thousands of them in multiple waves - definitely the most seen in the last few months.  Crappy camera phone does not do the spectacle justice...

image.thumb.png.f4402101e586bbb49a108805137f5713.png

I hope that is not them heading home thinking that Winter is over

Here sunny and feeling warm at 7.6C.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Stunning day, almost spring like. heating off and no need for the stove to be fired up either. 

• Like 5