Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland /Alba weather discussion 2020

Norrance

Posted
10 minutes ago, JamesM said:

Quite a squall not long passed through here. Driving rain and very windy. Now passed and it's all of a sudden dry and calm. Feeling very mild with it. Car reading 12c coming home from work.

I noticed that quite literaly as soon as it stopped raining went eerirly calm

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Totally drenched getting out of the car in Thurso at about 16:45, felt like there was some joker in the Co-op car park with a hose, aiming it at all-comers. 30 minutes later and all was quiet.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Rain finally stopped and a wee bit calmer now and still very mild. More rubbish weather to come at the weekend. Winter, where are you? Longing for clear skies and frosty days. 

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

That was pretty intense earlier! I almost got sucked off the pavement into the Firth of Clyde just down the road from me at McInroy’s point ferry terminal. 
Wind direction shifted to WSW/W and big gusts came through. (Pretty windy all day)
I love how we are all weather geeks and quite a few of us got caught out in it! 

Winter arrives again on the hills/mountains tomorrow and Thursday - freezing level dropping to 200/300 meters. 
Should be a decent cover on the Cowal Peninsula hills/mountains just across the water from me - would be nice to see some snow again! (Even if it is on higher ground)

5EA70259-D8E1-4000-8545-393B06B446A2.thumb.png.ec0005462bf60516ec6b97131cbfe51b.pngDCC94929-4CE6-4C75-A9A4-F4174F6FF9B1.thumb.png.9b22e8f9ec76dcc75bb1c0cfe5da72de.png

Maybe even a chance of a wintry mix on low ground early Thursday morning - we shall see.

Have a good night! 

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

Aye been squally here too. 

3 minutes ago, Mr Frost said:

Have a goof night!

Okay will do  

• Like 4

Posted

Stormy old day, bad enough to shred one of the plastic greenhouses 

Strongest winds accompanied by short bursts of intense rain but overall surprisingly dry today.

Incredibly mild once again, highest temperature seen was 14c when driving through Alford at 19:30 this evening.

And why do people never tie down trampolines when windy weather is forecast - check video in this bbc news article!

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

More wind in my pants after a curry... that was rubbish. storm my weeble. and to make matters worse my sleet has been moved back for thursday morning. now only 2 hours.. i give up i really do. may just pop into the mad house and call time on this dreadful winter.

Edited by bigsnow
  • Like 6

Posted
41 minutes ago, bigsnow said:

More wind in my pants after a curry... that was rubbish. storm my weeble. and to make matters worse my sleet has been moved back for thursday morning. now only 2 hours.. i give up i really do. may just pop into the mad house and call time on this dreadful winter.

Forecast for here tomorrow is wall to wall sunshine and much lower temperatures. Sounds like a cracking day. Unfortunately the heavy snow that was forecast for Thursday morning has disappeared. 

• Like 6

Posted

Started to get very windy here again just before 9pm we had some gusts just under 60mph for at least 45 minutes the wind has dropped a bit now but still some big gusts every few minutes and I just found out a few short moments ago a few miles away from me the road has been closed because the power lines have blown over onto the road.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw, Snaw and mair Snaw

What a strange day temperature wise, when I got home from work the temp on the car showed 10deg, inside the garage the termometer showed 10deg, the road surface temp was 10deg and the cloud temp was also 10deg...I've never seen such consistant temperatures inside and outside before.

All this weird weather...I've a feeling we are going to be in for one hell of a pasting when the cold arrives.

Edited by Klippie
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

They stole my sleet the ba**ards.. I give up I really do.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Much calmer today. Current temp 2.6c which is vastly preferable to the double figure nonsense we've had over the last few days. The sky is clearing and the ferry is just pulling away from the pier. It didn't run on Monday morning either, so odd will be really p1ssed off that they'll be going to school today. Aaaaw, wee shame! Been a while since I've seen clear skies but I'm not kidding myself as there's more crap weather to come. Best make the most of this calm period and take a turn around the garden to see what rubbish has blown in. 

• Like 5

Posted

Hallelujah!

4C, dry, bright and calm.

Overnight snow for all of the Scottish ski centres. Snow remains in the forecast for the ski centres up to Tuesday.

Small steps.....

• Like 6

Posted
1 hour ago, bigsnow said:

They stole my sleet the ba**ards.. I give up I really do.

It was heavy sleet and 1.5C above Penicuik at 7.30am. They stole it!!

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰

@shuggee @mardatha @CatchMyDrift on snow watch later? 

All I will say is the short range models I have looked at don't really show much at all so wouldn't be getting my hopes up 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

We've had rain on and off all day and it went down to 3C. Will see what tomorrow brings but won't hold breath

• Like 2

Posted

After yesterdays wet and windy weather and rather mild temperatures which reached 11.5c here at 4.09pm, today has been brighter with some sunshine and a few heavy showers have passed through but it is noticeably colder today it's currently 3.3c at 5.38pm.

• Like 3

Posted
4 hours ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

@shuggee @mardatha @CatchMyDrift on snow watch later? 

All I will say is the short range models I have looked at don't really show much at all so wouldn't be getting my hopes up 

Indeed. It's a genuine anything could happen situation. The predicted system is exiting a very fast jet stream to the left.... 

• Like 6

Posted

Met Office are slightly out with their temperature forecast.

Forecast 4C

Currently -2C.

Edited by Sceptical
  • Like 7