Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland /Alba weather discussion 2020

Norrance

Posted

Yesterday here had some sunshine between the heavy showers and the wind was a bit gusty too. Today back to what we've had constantly recently cloudy, dull with some rain and mild temperatures.

• Like 6

Posted

Cloudy, grey, drizzly, mild. 

Rinse and repeat. 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.
1 hour ago, shuggee said:

Cloudy, grey, drizzly, mild. 

Rinse and repeat. 

Ditto here, yawn......... I was hoping 2020 would be better than 2019 but not looking great so far. 

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

MOD thread.... wow what a place to be. still the same daft poster spilling out garbage of radical outcomes that over the last 3 or 4 winters none of them have ever once actually come true, no gain no momentum just outlandish rubbish that leads others up the garden path. sure one day it might happen but then again a stopped clock is correct twice a day.

• Like 4

Posted
1 hour ago, bigsnow said:

MOD thread.... wow what a place to be. still the same daft poster spilling out garbage of radical outcomes that over the last 3 or 4 winters none of them have ever once actually come true, no gain no momentum just outlandish rubbish that leads others up the garden path. sure one day it might happen but then again a stopped clock is correct twice a day.

They'll be at each others throats before long. There's only so much buffoonery the flock will tolerate.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Got back home last night after an overnight with my folks in the Central belt. Glad to be home, not so glad to look at the forecasts. Might as well stick the skis & boots in thier normal position at the back of the garage out of the way rather than leaving them more easily accessible. 

• Like 6

Posted

Mild again this morning, 8.5C with a strengthening SW wind.

I suspect we might be on course for the warmest UK January, since records began.

• Like 6

Posted

Only needed half the straw today to bed cattle as with the strong SW wind overnight the folds and fields have been drying up Sheep shifted onto a field of fresh green grass this afternoon. Maximum of 10c so without the wind it would have seemed very springlike. RH of 65% this afternoon. Birds are still singing loudly inthe garden as I type this.

We may have finally turned from late autumns high humidities to more drying conditions. Some years we have to wait for February with its lower humidities,  frosts and sublimation to rid the soil of moisture

Still suspect that we will have  more wintery  weather in the spring

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Unsurprisingly, same sunset here, so you both saved me the effort of posting a photo. Been fairly mild feeling out despite the brisk breeze. 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

Oh how I wish this chart was only around 2 days away and not over 2 weeks. 

gfsnh-0-372.thumb.png.2aec154e9f78fdadca93bff9a830e81a.png

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw, Snaw and mair Snaw

Temp topped out at 10deg/C today more mild damp pish...I pointed the thermometer at the clouds this evening 7deg/C with a ground temp of 8.5deg/C not even close to cold..!!!

If you have a spare few minutes have a watch of this video from Weatherbell over in the US its very interesting, all this unusual weather looks like its being caused by the same effects that's roasting Austraila, the US seems stuck at the moment as well they are normally in the freezer at this time of year.

Scroll down the page for the Saturday Summary - https://www.weatherbell.com/

Oh and I'am liking the pictures that's been posted...beautiful sunsets.

• Like 4