Mapantz

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/01/2020 Onward

Some light drizzle earlier this evening and as reported, dull and overcast, currently 5.7°C..

I don't particularly think much of next week either. Milder by day and night than the week just gone.

I recall that there was a bit of sleet mixed with rain in Exeter on 13 November 2019, with a sharp drop in temperature to around 3C, with lying snow up at Princetown.  Actually I'm interested in a possible snow event on Tuesday 28 January - it looks like there will be wintry showers in the south-west, mainly on high ground, but with potential for snow briefly getting to lower levels associated with a shortwave bringing a band of more persistent precipitation.  There is a lot of uncertainty over its precise track, but anyone on its northern flank could get a surprise snowfall, especially with a bit of elevation.

Edited by Thundery wintry showers

Morning All,a misty, grey, dull call it what you will, start to the day with the overnight temperature flat lining, currently 6.3°C..

Dull grey start to the morning.
SE 8-11mph wind, 6.6c, 1019.6 hPa
Apart from a little 0.1mm of drizzle on Wednesday, we have had no rain since Friday 17th. Jan total so far 44mm.
Glad with the week dry spell really as got a new shed and base delivered, put up and painted last week. Just timed it well with the weather 🙂

Another grey, boring day following an overnight low of 3.9°C.

It reached 6.6°C earlier, currently 6.3°C

Same again, dull and dry all day. Reached 7.6°C, currently 7.3°C

Edited by matt111

What is it this year that makes it so dull and unseasonably boring. I've read everything around with reference to tPV and MJO and Pacific High pressure, along with unseasonable Atlantic pressure, but still this dross continues (apart from a recent couple of days of bright January sunshine)

Out in the garden today, ignoring the boring weather, trying to determine next steps, given, it could go warm or it could go could, nobody ha the slightest idea!

Apologies for the rant, but even the garden is not sure quite what to do!

It;s currently 7.6°C... Oh and overcast..