Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/01/2020 Onward

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

The bluest sky I had ever seen this morning.. temp maxed out at 23.3°C. I may just reach 300 hours of sunshine by the end of the month! The true figure is well beyond that but my sensor misses out the first and last 40 mins of sunshine of the day, due to the restricted placement of the sensor. Today will be the 24th consecutive dry day. I couldn't even manage that back in the Summer of 2018. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Sunny all day and a bit warmer than most days over the last week or so. Reached 23.0°C, currently 14.8°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
2 hours ago, Mapantz said:

The bluest sky I had ever seen this morning.. temp maxed out at 23.3°C. I may just reach 300 hours of sunshine by the end of the month! The true figure is well beyond that but my sensor misses out the first and last 40 mins of sunshine of the day, due to the restricted placement of the sensor. Today will be the 24th consecutive dry day. I couldn't even manage that back in the Summer of 2018. 

I'm in that position too. So close to 300 hours for the month - a truly exceptional month for sunshine, even more so given that it's May!

Maximum sunshine today and a max of 26C.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Got to 25.9°C with blue skies all day, what’s not to love!

Currently 9.4°C with a light breeze

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Clear and sunny.

Light Easterly Breeze 10 mph.

20.0c. Humidity 54% Rh.

Posted

Just hit 23c here.

Today is the 26th day of no rain.
Last rain that measured anything in the rain meter was 4th May with 2.8mm. May 3rd there was a little drizzle I remember in the air but never registered anything. May 1st rain was 1mm, so May total is 4mm.

Edited by lettice

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Down to 7.4°C overnight.. warm and sunny again now, up to 23.7°C

Beeb mentions thundery showers for the south midweek, if true, they’ll do the usual diversion when heading into the region, or will just be a bust again..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Sunny with blue skies again and warmer still with the easterly breeze preventing a sea breeze from cooling things down much. 22.9°C

Posted

As the temperatures soar under clear sunny skies so the distance reduces on the beach..

image.thumb.png.a7eea6b4c1871de96ba0e80eb3879c04.png

Currently 24.4°C...

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
1 hour ago, CheesepuffScott said:

Down to 7.4°C overnight.. warm and sunny again now, up to 23.7°C

Beeb mentions thundery showers for the south midweek, if true, they’ll do the usual diversion when heading into the region, or will just be a bust again..

This has to be "The closer to the coast, the better the risk....surely?"

• Like 1

Posted

I posted these in the nature thread, but I'll include them here too....

Our Blue Tits fledged this morning, but yesterday we set up the camera, as they were building up the courage.

OI000016.thumb.JPG.4c1401f39b982b169e1fa09e8f0367ee.JPG

IMG_20200530_075041147.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
42 minutes ago, jtay said:

I posted these in the nature thread, but I'll include them here too....

Our Blue Tits fledged this morning, but yesterday we set up the camera, as they were building up the courage.

Love it we have nesting box, but it's completely in the wrong position, so I figure time to move it for next nesting season, to see if we achieve more success...

Posted

24c at 2pm today.
Feels like it too. Very sultry today and a very deep blue sky.
21c now,  

Not seeing any rain showing up on Beeb or Met Office forecasts near me next week, but I see the chance of rain symbol for Wednesday and Thursday is increasing from -5-1% to 10-18%..
Would welcome some for the veg garden, even though the hose and some good exercise has done ok for the last 26 days.

Posted
1 hour ago, Dorsetbred said:

Love it we have nesting box, but it's completely in the wrong position, so I figure time to move it for next nesting season, to see if we achieve more success...

We think they're the same pair every year. The female at least is the same. She has a noticeably mottled marking on her face.

• Like 1

Posted

Today's peak was 26.4°C at: 14:32... low humidity too (down to 30%) and a gentle breeze.

Posted

Temperature made it up to 25.1°C at: 14:07, with a light breeze, RH32% another great day to sit out and enjoy the conditions in the garden, love it. Now PLEASE can we have some rain? 

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Topped out at 24.9°C today. with low humidity once again. Tomorrow's sunshine will now take me past 300 hours for May.

• Like 1

Posted

Sunny and warm again with a light breeze. Reached 23.7°C, currently 17.6°C

• Like 1

Posted

I remember 2018 as being a great May; although this May hasn't been as warm, the sunshine and dry weather has certainly compensated, so it's certainly my number 1 now. Actually, this spring has been brilliant from mid-March onwards, dry, sunny with many pleasant days. April was another dry month, although the rain on the last few days bumped the stats closer to average. All in all, glad it has been like this, considering the current situation. It has brightened the mood a lot.

• Like 1

Bournemouth airport now has 324.8hrs of sun, this beats both the sunniest May on record (1989, 317.4hrs) and the sunniest month on record (June 1975 320.1) Should finish with about 338hrs. The May record for the UK is 353hrs from Worthing.

Incidentally the Bournemouth number looks a low number, looks from the hourly record no sun is recorded past 8pm so the 324hrs is likely to be a low number..

Posted

Morning All, another cracker of a day, after an overnight low of 10.2°C at: 05:18 cloudless skies enabling the temperature climb to 23.7°C, whilst down on the beach a fair few gaps to be filled...

image.thumb.png.be7fb99693bde51766f1ed8f9310b099.png

Bournemouth was the warmest (and feels like the windiest) place in the country at 11am, 24.2c only 25.2c to best for the warmest day of the year here. 

the wildfire risk is very high currently. Even the smallest of sparks ⚡️ would be very dangerous. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Quite a bit more cloud around today so May probably won’t be taking first place as sunniest month here but it’ll be close!

24.6C currently.

Posted

Much breezier today although that doesn’t seem to be having much of an effect on the temperature. 23.3°C

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms. Warm weather. Not hot or cold weather.

a strong breeze. 26.2c. RH 30%. my warmest day of the year.