Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/01/2020 Onward

Mapantz

Posted

Lovely sunshine today, 17.3c.
Been dry here.
Wind though has really picked up in last hour, constant 15-20mph and plenty of 25-32mph gusts and a couple 36mph.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Very pleased that there were no showers here today. I'm back to building in the garden, so it would have caused a few issues. Not only that, my dry streak is currently at 18 days, and I want to break the record. 

Blue skies pretty much all day with a temp of 17.3°C. Winds gusting to 38mph with a wind speed of 19mph. I'll be glad when it dies down.

Posted
16 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Very pleased that there were no showers here today. I'm back to building in the garden, so it would have caused a few issues. Not only that, my dry streak is currently at 18 days, and I want to break the record. 

The dry streaks have become frequent haven’t they. What is the record? No showers today and you should be able to add another week to your 18.

Posted
26 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Blue skies pretty much all day with a temp of 17.3°C. Winds gusting to 38mph with a wind speed of 19mph. I'll be glad when it dies down.

You looking likely to hit the record, it's seems stuck under H.P. at the moment and lows are northbound

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

The wind is savage today,  will be glad when it dies down.  

Never thought I'd be looking at replacing a fence post and couple of panels,  because of the strength of wind in late May!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

If it doesn’t rain over the next few days then I’m going to end the month with just 0.8mm of rain which shows how dry it’s been. 

Posted
2 hours ago, Andy Bown said:

The dry streaks have become frequent haven’t they. What is the record? No showers today and you should be able to add another week to your 18.

22 days, up to the 17th July, last year. They certainly do seem more frequent! In fact, looking at data over the last couple of years, there is a trend of both consecutive dry days, and wet ones. There's not much of a general spread anymore.

2 hours ago, Dorsetbred said:

You looking likely to hit the record, it's seems stuck under H.P. at the moment and lows are northbound

Knowing my luck, a sneaky shower will pass by at 5 to midnight that amounts to 0.2mm 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Few showers around earlier, not amounting to much, apart from that sunny spells with a keen wind.. up to 18.5°C at: 15:06..

Currently 14.1°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

No rain at all here, mostly sunny with blue skies for most of the day and just a brief cloudier spell later this afternoon. Reached 17.1°C, currently 13.2°C

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

One short lived shower around 08.00GMT but didn't penetrate the gauge, after that, just variable cloud and that annoying breeze, but felt warm enough in the sun.  I'm on 17 dry days too.

Posted
7 hours ago, matt111 said:

If it doesn’t rain over the next few days then I’m going to end the month with just 0.8mm of rain which shows how dry it’s been. 

I was just looking at that here, and with 3.9 mm to date after today's 1.1 mm, it is drier here than every May at the old Southampton site between 1855 and 2000, when it closed. I haven't checked any other local sites for more recent data but if the weekly forecast is correct, there will probably be some long-term sites in the  region with record low levels of rainfall for May.

There were, however, 20 other months of the year with less than 4mm of rainfall at Southampton in that 145 year period - the lowest being June 1925 and Aug 1940 (0mm), Feb 1891 and April 1938 (0.8mm).

Edited by DaveL
  • Like 1

Posted

Still very gusty this morning. We seem to get it on the tail end of deep lows when the wind is beginning to back from NW to W, must be something to do with the funnelling effect of the Bristol Channel and riding over the Mendips.

Increasingly sunny though. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Morning, the low was 8.4°C at: 01:05

Warm, dry and relatively sunny now after yesterday’s sparse showers, 18.4°C

5D8DF70F-6022-4241-A893-4AF0F76C1220.thumb.jpeg.fbca622b57a83c59766873b994c406c8.jpegD985DEF4-43FC-455D-90DF-7F935FDB040C.thumb.jpeg.1e7f166f2e2bafa2f68649551e480a90.jpeg

Posted

Back to sunny and warm now after the last couple of day’s and with no sea breeze at the moment it’s actually warmer than most of last week. 20.0°C

Posted

Some classic May sunshine around right now, currently 22.3°C after a high of 23.4°C at: 13:34, which if it stays clear will possibly be breached in a while..

The beach is looking..not overly busy really..

image.thumb.png.dec9a3a382d7792d2d739996245e7904.png

Would appreciate some rain, if anybody has some to share 

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

Sunny with a little high cloud, up to a warm 21.4°C RH 52%

Posted

Sunny nearly all day with mostly clear skies and a much lighter breeze than the last couple of days. Reached 21.5°C, currently 17.9°C

Posted

Cracking day. Plenty of garden jobs done. The wind fell away as the afternoon went on. Calm as you like now.

IMG_20200524_203338068.thumb.jpg.fb825d8af61b9f1e1c5e63c27a0afd7d.jpg

Posted

Reached 21.6°C and thankfully the nagging wind is pretty much gone.

Looks like another cracking week coming up

Posted

Working hard in the garden today, sun is certainly strong. Tan is coming along nicely lol

Temp reached 21.4°C.

It's looking increasingly likely that 22 consecutive dry days will be breached.

Posted
1 minute ago, Dean E said:

Nice mate, that looks really sleek! Loving the lighting! 

Another change is imminent.. 

That case is awesome, but it was my second choice, because I really wanted the Lian Li Lancool 2 in white, but since the lockdown, it has been impossible to get one. Also, the Be Quiet case doesn't allow for a vertical GPU mounting, and the Aorus RTX 2060 I have, is really designed to be mounted vertically due to the unique LED system built in to it's fans - it's probably the best looking GPU on the market. So, the Lancool 2 became available a few days ago, so I snapped it up!

I haven't chad a chance to build in it yet, hopefully this week.. It's got to be one of the best designed cases for under £90 - cable management will be a breeze!

Posted

So had the world not changed I would have been locking in (pun kind of intended ) a bone dry week of half term outdoor work!! Nobody wants my work at the moment. Oh the irony, again!

Posted

Here come da sun....

image.thumb.png.a8ad2f12f35170aa824b485c2e023409.png image.thumb.png.b9615419fb0828b4c989878d14f1efa4.png

An early morning down the beach, in time to see the sun rise...

Time to wake up 'arry 

image.thumb.png.f8c747d971bda4ddb11fdf2319561b58.png

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1

Posted

After an overnight low of 5.9°C at: 05:37, temperatures on the rise, currently 16.1°C with the RH61% and a slight pressure rise to 1035.2mb.Looks like garden watering is this weeks chore, as there's no rain insight this week, so @Mapantz your record continues to increase..