Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/01/2020 Onward

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Another bright day. Not completely sunny but bright nonetheless.

Interesting fact. The warmest 3rd April I’ve ever recorded was 2008 with 19C. We know what happened a few days later...

• Like 1

Posted

Bright here with sunny spells, currently 11.6°C, Sunday looking like it could be quite a warm day but need to beat 17.3°C to make it the warmest day of the year so far!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Not feeling all that bad outside now with blue sky overhead and much less cloud around than earlier.. we're up to 14.4°C

Posted

I'm just about to knock off for what should've have been two weeks dashing around the South of France. However, if losing hols is the worst thing to happen in the next few months, we should count ourselves very lucky.

So next week will now be spent sorting the garden, sealing the patio that we built last year and trying to stop the thieving b*ggers at Eurostar from stealing our money. One silver lining is that the weather next week is looking great.

Stay out of trouble everyone. ☀️

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Sunny for most of the day and felt warm out of the breeze. Reached 12.6°C, currently 8.5°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

0.4mm of rain this morning put an end to my dry streak.

Cloudy for much of the day with some sunny spells in the late afternoon. Temp reached 14.5°C

Just having another fire to get rid of the last bits of wood. Also burning all of the cardboard/paper that would normally go in the recycling bin, but it's jammed. It hasn't been emptied for 3 weeks, and doesn't look like being emptied for the foreseeable, due to the centre shutting down, and no workers to do the rounds.

Posted
15 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Just having another fire to get rid of the last bits of wood. Also burning all of the cardboard/paper that would normally go in the recycling bin, but it's jammed. It hasn't been emptied for 3 weeks, and doesn't look like being emptied for the foreseeable, due to the centre shutting down, and no workers to do the rounds.

Wiltshire are still collecting as normal. Seriously hope that continues!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

I hope so too although our Tuesday collection wasn't picked up until Wednesday, suppposedly due to the route changes..

Posted

Morning All, a misty start after it being foggy overnight, we are in April aren’t we and not November? Currently 7.8°C with a RH91%, as the wind increase and the suns warmth both increase the mist should soon burn off...

Posted

With the English Channel currently at 8.8C, the onshore breeeze has a cooling effect, and is holding the temperatures down accordingly, currently 13.8°C , although the sun has been full on for a few hours now..most of the area appearing cloud free

capture.jpg

capture.jpg

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

Sunny spells and shallow convective cloud here. A little less of the latter please.

Warm in the sun though at 15.5C.

Posted

Patio and pathways power washed this morning and all dry now enabling a fun few hours outside. 

I see Monday’s rain has downgraded to hardly anything. I was looking forward to the irony of not being able to work yet the first ‘workday’ of the Easter Holidays was wet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Blue skies here. I noticed I wasn't recording any sunshine, so I had to climb up to look at the sensor. A bird had shat on it!  Cleaned it off with some Iso alcohol and levelled it up and all is good again. Temp 15.2°C.

Posted
3 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Blue skies here. I noticed I wasn't recording any sunshine, so I had to climb up to look at the sensor. A bird had shat on it!  Cleaned it off with some Iso alcohol and levelled it up and all is good again. Temp 15.2°C.

Is that the same one that keeps dropping it's breakfast all over my car, everyday I have to go out and remove the cr@p our feathered friends have left on the car...As much as I might hate to say it, can we have a drop rain please the plants are now wilting in the sun with no moisture, yes I know we've just gone through months of wet, but hey, the growing plants need some moisture...

Posted

Looking at GFS 6z I'll have to do the garden myself, any rain arriving from the west throughout the week disintegrates before it reaches here..!

Lovely out there this afternoon, blue skies and feeling warm. 16.2°C after a peak of 16.9°C earlier...

Posted

Something to aim for tomorrow, as today topped out at 14.3°C at: 15:05, sat in the sun sun this afternoon felt good to feel the rays again.. Although after watering the garden with the winter left overs,the ground is really dry...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Sunny all day and felt warm out of the breeze which was still quite cool but not as cold is it has been. Reached 13.9°C, currently 9.1°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Evening all, after a lovely day of t shirt weather spent in the garden, it occurred to me that 20 years ago today I moved into this house after battling through a foot of snow here in the mendips. What a contrast! Hope you're all keeping safe and well.

Posted
3 minutes ago, jethro said:

Evening all, after a lovely day of t shirt weather spent in the garden, it occurred to me that 20 years ago today I moved into this house after battling through a foot of snow here in the mendips. What a contrast! Hope you're all keeping safe and well.

Part of a string of wintry spells that happened in April.

• Like 1

Posted

Morning All, blue skies again this morning, currently 13.9°C with a strong onshore breeze this morning, the beaches are empty this morning

latest_small.jpg
WWW.SURFLINE.COM

Get today's most accurate Boscombe surf report. With proprietary LOLA report on swell, wind and waves and 17-day surf forecasts, so you can know before you go.

Meanwhile it appears we still are under the ozone depleted area again today, so probably a good job people are not sunning themselves on the beach, there would be a lot of folks badly scorched today with a cooling breeze making people think they we not burning, meanwhile the suns strength under these conditions being much stronger would cause issues..

image.thumb.png.919f75c05af996bef0a5b605e3705ca8.png

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

Sunshine has turned a little hazy here but still feeling warm. 17.7°C

Posted

18.4C already so comfortably the warmest day of the year so far.

Posted

Very nice out there today temp is already 18.0°C making it the warmest day of the year beating the previous high of 17.3°C

Posted

Just touched 18°C here.. hope that line of cloud gets a wriggle on.

image.thumb.png.1ea881eb9683668bdfdef0aabc5c76e5.png