Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/01/2020 Onward

Mapantz

Posted
3 minutes ago, jtay said:

North West, from just South of Salisbury.

Nearly here (first bit might slide by), with Venus and the Moon.

IMG_20200225_182312133.thumb.jpg.a1599ab6c057a8bedac9eb39edaad65e.jpg

Ah yes can see it from you directions and the radar shot...do you think you are close enough to feel it's effect?

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

From the local rag..

Don't think I'll both goin' lookin'

image.thumb.png.93cfc2d4b50e186575dd0b1fe08c34ab.png

Dorset Snow has published a map of which areas in Dorset could see the most snow.

Beaminster, Sherborne and Lyme Regis could see “regular snow showers” with 1cm “possible.”

Bridport, Dorchester, Shaftesbury, Wareham, Bournemouth, Poole, Sturminster and Blandford could see “scattered snow showers” with a “dusting possible.”

Snow and ice warning issued - essential tips for driving in winter conditions

While Weymouth, Portland and Swanage are set to see “regular wintry showers.

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
11 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Ah yes can see it from you directions and the radar shot...do you think you are close enough to feel it's effect?

Oh yeah. Stood out in the rain now.

Edit : to be fair, there were a few flakes blowing around in the wind.

Edited by jtay

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!
26 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

From the local rag..

Don't think I'll both goin' lookin'

image.thumb.png.93cfc2d4b50e186575dd0b1fe08c34ab.png

Dorset Snow has published a map of which areas in Dorset could see the most snow.

Beaminster, Sherborne and Lyme Regis could see “regular snow showers” with 1cm “possible.”

Bridport, Dorchester, Shaftesbury, Wareham, Bournemouth, Poole, Sturminster and Blandford could see “scattered snow showers” with a “dusting possible.”

Snow and ice warning issued - essential tips for driving in winter conditions

While Weymouth, Portland and Swanage are set to see “regular wintry showers.

Have any other counties been published for this as it's quite useful. 

Posted
8 minutes ago, Leon1 said:

Have any other counties been published for this as it's quite useful. 

I'm not sure, this is from the local rag, so it's a local person providing the info. I suspect a fair degree of it comes from well know sources...I'm sure some of the more knowledgeable folks on this thread could fill in the gaps around the area..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy winters, hot and sunny summers with thunderstorms!
30 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

I'm not sure, this is from the local rag, so it's a local person providing the info. I suspect a fair degree of it comes from well know sources...I'm sure some of the more knowledgeable folks on this thread could fill in the gaps around the area..

Never mind, thank you anyway. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Posted
45 minutes ago, Skullzrulerz said:

If I may ask a question ? Do you think we could expect snowfall (dusting) in West Cornwall / St Austell?

There will definitely be showers about but according to the forecasts they will be on high ground - but you could get lucky... 

All I've had today is a graupel shower for 2 minutes at about 5pm and some heavy rain with occasional sleety bits for about 10 minutes at 2pm. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

There was some sleet mixed with the heavy rain in Exeter at 1-2pm, and there have been some rain, hail and graupel showers since then.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Just had a tiny (0.2mm) rain shower. The UKV shows the showers dying out after 1 - 2am. The BBC weather app should be banned from all app stores.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Just had a tiny (0.2mm) rain shower. The UKV shows the showers dying out after 1 - 2am. The BBC weather app should be banned from all app stores.

The Metoffice has a light snow shower for me at 2am!  Unsurprisingly in line with the UKV.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
3 hours ago, Dorsetbred said:

Still got the smell of cattle ranches in your nostrils...?

Haha, certainly the smell of BBQ! I enjoyed the five minutes of relative warmth between business and leaving...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

Just had a snow shower pass through, nothing desperately heavy but nice to see. Possibly more incoming from the NW. Temperature hovering around 2°C, dew point 0°C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Mostly rain and hail showers in Exeter but I keep detecting sleet in the heavier bursts, with half-melted snowflakes blowing against the northwest-facing windows.  Exeter Airport has been reading around 3C with dewpoint around 0C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Was hoping that over Dorset would reach here but I'm just a few miles to the east of it. Nothing at all here really.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
20 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Was hoping that over Dorset would reach here but I'm just a few miles to the east of it. Nothing at all here really.

Just caught the very edge of it as it was passing so I can finally say I’ve seen snow this winter. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Sod all here overnight, showers passing to the north & south of me & any showers heading this way just died a death across the channel in south wales.