Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/01/2020 Onward

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Warmest part of the day now with the temperature slowly rising. 9.8°C 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Rising here too, 9.2°C

Posted

Calm before the storm now.
WSW Wind has dropped to 2-4mph now after yesterday evening and overnight 12-14mph with 20-30 mph gusts.
A few rain showers between 2-3am, 1.2mm. First rain we have had since last Sunday.
Was 10.9c between 11pm and 1am, now 8.4c.
1017.4 hPa and rising slowly.

The storm for during the day on Sunday looks pretty intense.
See we have had an upgrade to an Amber warning. We seem to be dropping into quite a few of these for wind as of late here on the coast. The winds forecast with all the storms this winter have been pretty spot on mostly, so looking like a strong wind day tomorrow with winds here 53-63mph through Sunday predicted for most of the day.

Edited by lettice
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

Yes, its not bad in Plymouth today at work.

That rain was heavy at Tavistock about 1030pm last night.

Tomorrow is going to be very very interesting. In not a good way I feel.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

8.7C and wind of 7mph. The calm before a very big storm I fear. Hoping it's not as bad as they say as I have a tree awaiting a tree surgeon as it is leaning. It shouldn't damage the property of it falls but always that concern. 

• Like 1

Posted

Winds are already picking up here but will probably ease off before really picking up overnight! 11.1°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Sunny with blue skies so far but more cloud approaching from the west. Just a light breeze at the moment. 10.2°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Didn’t expect it to be this bright today, although more cloud has moved in since this morning.

6CE9A790-84BB-48D4-A258-F5CFFC776E41.thumb.jpeg.86ad60b9d12806c469b4b33b9919004e.jpeg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Fancy that - a spell of rain during the night hours and clear skies during the daylight hours, before the next belt of rain during the night. If only that were always the case!

Lovely day today though! That makes 4 out of the last 5 days essentially sunny. Shame it’s about to go belly up.

• Like 4

Posted

It's been a really pleasant day weather wise, plenty of late winter warm sunshine, with the breeze picking up since just after 11am, and is rising very slowly, in line with expectations, given Ciara is still out in the Atlantic. Been out tieing things down, and placing weights on covers to keep them in place, even tie the dusbin, down given their size they are dangerous missiles in high winds and easily damage anything. As to the fences, oh well, it is what it is..nowt you can do about our recyclable property perimeter devices...

Tomorrow a day to enjoy more from the insde than out, as many will venture out, and then the potential for accidents and death happen..so let's she how CIARA roars...strapped in and ready for the ride...lets go........

Beach cam day methinks...

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

It got up to 10.1°C at 13:51...

Currently 7.8°C

Posted

BBC going a bit mad with the wind gust speeds tomorrow here, 9 hours above 60mph and 20 hours above 50 - peak 66. Supposed to be sheltered by the IoW here acording to most of the models, hence a bit lower speeds forecast, so let's see who's right. Not the BBC/Meteo, I suspect.

Edited by DaveL

Posted

Looking at gusts tomorrow... BBC gives me 61mph max, MetO 60mph, ECM raw gives 72mph at one point with Hirlam a little below.

Posted

Was really still a couple of hours ago which was a real calm before the storm moment. Now the winds picked up a bit again but obviously nothing compared with what's to come. 9.2°C

Posted

Slowly rising.. up to 8.1°C now. Breeze is picking up although the moon is still visible behind the layer of cloud.

Posted

I’ve been awoken. Already very gusty out! Can’t see some of my patio fencing lasting the rest of the day. 9.2°C

Edited by CheesepuffScott

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

10.1 here and wind speed of 31mph. Not as bad as I had feared overnight. No damage that I can see yet......... 

Posted

The SSW wind picked up about 3am.
It has been 18-25mph constant. Gusts have been pretty constant at 35-40mph.
We have had a handful of 45mph gusts, a few of 47mph and a few of 50mph.

Looking around, see many bins blown over and see a few neighbouring fence panels down already.

Had little rain here, a spell from 4am to 6am bought 1mm.

Edited by lettice

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Morning all, it's rather breezy here on the mendips but as yet, not very wet. Highest gust so far has been 58mph, recorded at Downside School just across the fields from me. They've got a beautiful avenue of very old beech trees, one came down in a storm before Christmas, if the winds get as high as some forecast for later today, I fear they may lose more.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

It’s a windy one out there! Max gust of 40mph here so far, however with a SW wind, which never gives the strongest gusts at my location.

Barely any rain yet either but quite a lot in the radar by the looks of it!