Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/01/2020 Onward

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Sunny spells and calm today, reaching 9.6°C.. it’s currently 2.5°C already lower than last night’s low

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Nott too bad of a day here. Sunshine was limited, but it was bright and calm. It was quite nice and peaceful sat up the garden just listening to the birds chirping. Top temp of 9.9°C

Sunday is going to be wild! Almost 24 hours of 50mph + showing up here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Met gives me 45mph+ gusts from Saturday night till early hours Monday. Some 60mph showing up Sunday afternoon 

Posted

Hi every one. I've been 'lurking' for over a year, learning a lot -mostly about not getting too excited by anything more than five days away!  But really just very interested in weather, and trying to get more of an understanding of the way it works   So today - soaking up the sunshine ahead of the next round of wild wet and windy. 

• Like 3

Posted
4 minutes ago, rowan fawdon said:

Hi every one. I've been 'lurking' for over a year, learning a lot -mostly about not getting too excited by anything more than five days away!  But really just very interested in weather, and trying to get more of an understanding of the way it works   So today - soaking up the sunshine ahead of the next round of wild wet and windy. 

Welcome to the forum! Most importantly, welcome to this regional thread.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Down to 1.5°C now which is the lowest temperature since 22nd Jan which got down to -0.4°C.

Posted

0.6°C currently 

Posted

Morning All, after a misty, cool night, the mist is now patchy, but has left a decent covering of ice on most surfaces this morning, as a quick scrape of the windscreen was needed. Overnight low was -0.3°C at: 06:12 just noticeable the very light breeze picked up to move the mist around from overnight. Apart from that partly cloudy skies start the day.. 

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

It was foggy/frosty until half an hour ago and steady at -0.7c . The fog has lifted and the temperature is dropping further, down to -1.0c now .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Morning all, it's a beautiful bright frosty morning here. 

11 years ago today we woke up to over a foot of snow and the closest thing to a blizzard that I've seen around here. It's a long way from that utopia this winter

Posted

Anybody offering to tie down some of the big building site cranes that exist in Bournemouth at the moment in readiness for the weekend? Considering many are perched in view of the sea, it'll be interesting to see them all standing next week..

Meanwhile nice and sunny at the moment, with the temperature still on the rise @ 8.8°C 

Posted

A low of -0.7°C this morning. Frost lifted very quickly to leave a nice day. Doing a bit in the garden and feeling warm in the sunshine. Temp 10°C.

Posted

-1.3°C was the low around dawn this morning, it was rather clear here but further down the road in Lover there was dense fog, always seem to be the way when it's foggy.

Nice sunshine today with a light breeze once again. Up to 9.7°C earlier this afternoon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

A cold start this morning with a low of 0.1°C although any frost had already melted early on. Mostly sunny all day, pleasant in the sun but with a cool breeze. Reached 9.6°C, currently 5.6°C

Posted

Morning All, a clear night allowed the temperatures to drop earlier in the night, with a noticeable change of wind direction to the East the temperatures started to rise, and continue to do so. The overnight frost can be seen on cars on one side of the road and not the other this morning, according to the position in the change of wind direction overnight, an unusual occurrence. So the over night low was 0.6°C at: 01:14 and now we are galloping away with clear skies and the sun is ready to break the horizon, currently 3.2°C and pressure continues to fall at 1019.6mb...

Posted

Current MetO warnings suggesting a pummelling for 12 hours plus, not so much high wind speeds (although high!), the period of sustained high winds is going to cause some real damage

image.thumb.png.0b9092f09096f73ce1b3b86e4b3e8c9e.png

Posted

Wind is cranking up already today. I could do with an anemometer. (probably get a dictionary at the same time -I nearly gave up and put wind-measuring thingy!)

Posted
12 minutes ago, rowan fawdon said:

Wind is cranking up already today. I could do with an anemometer. (probably get a dictionary at the same time -I nearly gave up and put wind-measuring thingy!)

Yeah, it would be a good time for a wind measuring thingy....:oldrofl:

• Like 1

Posted

Turned gloomy here this afternoon. However, I managed to get the lawn cut for the first time this year. It had grown fast and thick compared to previous years. It dried out enough not to make grass paste.

I noticed last night, Hurn was below freezing while it was still 6°C here. I only managed a low of 4.6°C.

Posted

It dropped to -0.5°C overnight, with mist to boot.

Sunny spells have been variable throughout the day with clearer periods at times. It reached 9.6°C

Overcast now!

Edited by CheesepuffScott

Posted

Mostly sunny earlier in the day but it’s clouded over through this afternoon. 8.7°C 

Posted
1 hour ago, Mapantz said:

Turned gloomy here this afternoon. However, I managed to get the lawn cut for the first time this year. It had grown fast and thick compared to previous years. It dried out enough not to make grass paste.

I noticed last night, Hurn was below freezing while it was still 6°C here. I only managed a low of 4.6°C.

Interesting because we did get an air frost here as it dipped low overnight, such a change over a short distance...