Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/01/2020 Onward

Mapantz

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Yeovilton showing 1050 at 20.00 according to MetO.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Finally at the third time of asking it's dropped below freezing here. -0.1°C. Pressure 1048.9

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Down to -1.3°C at 22:50 but we’ve risen slightly from then to -0.9°C

Posted

I see Plymouth and Exeter have just squeaked in at 1050.1 at midnight and Mumbles hit 1050.5 earlier but many places look likely to just miss out on the magic figure. I touched 1049.4 at 11pm but it's now 1049.1.

+0.6°C currently and -1.1 on the grass, it's mostly clouded over now.

Posted

A low of 0.5c at 7am.
Temp rising now and is 1.4c.
Pressure got to 1049.6 hPa at midnight and in the early hours dropped to 1048.5 hPa, now on the rise again and 1049.1 hPa.
Wind N to NNW and very light.

Posted

Morning all, after a low of -1.7°C at: 06:21, whilst still subzero, the warming sun is already driving the temperatures upwards. Still just a tad short on the 1050mb as we are showing 1049.3 mb. Partly cloudy start...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Few Clouds Calm 2.4c Humidity 82% Rh. 

Frosty  Sunny.

Edited by ARTDEMOLE

Posted

Clear and cold overnight, however some medium level cloud moved in overnight, restricting the lowest minimums. The low was -0.9°C.

Pressure has now been steady since around 4am at 1049mb, beating my previous record by 4mb! 

Currently Sunny with some medium level cloud persisting, 3.9°C. Pressure 1049.5mb.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Another beautiful day. Even if this winter turns out a complete dud overall, I’ll be glad for this current spell.

Just a need a dry weekend this weekend for outdoor plans.

Posted

Several places in the far SW got back to 1050hPa this morning between 9 and 10 am, after an overnight dip. Scilly nearly made it too, at 1049.8 in the hourlys and Plymouth exceeded yesterday's 1050.1 there with a 1050.2 at 9 or 10 am. It will be interesting to see if anywhere was able to match yesterday evening's English or Welsh peaks. Oh, and yesterday's Met Office UKV charts were bang on with all of this, to the millibar, including this morning's brief reboot in Cornwall and Devon.

Had my 2nd consecutive frost last night at -0.8°C, in spite of mixed cloud amounts during the night. Currently 6.1 so another 7 degree max looks likely today.

Posted

-1.8°C minimum overnight, heavy white frost, fog during early hours cleared before dawn.  Bit of an inversion here this morning, home (50m asl) temperature at 09.30 was -1.6°C, but on top of the hills towards Dorchester, no frost and temperature at +4°C.  On the coast it was on freezing still at 11.00, up to 6°C on hills and +2.4°C back at home an hour later.

Sunrise and the view at West Bay.

P1040818 (800x600).jpg

P1040820 (800x600).jpg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

-2.4°C was the low here overnight, another clear, frosty start this morning, although the frost hasn't lingered in the shade all day like yesterday. A bit of cloud mid-morning but it soon cleared off towards lunchtime.

Reached 7.5°C, currently 4.9°C

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Finally an air frost last night with a low of -0.8°C. Sunny for most of the day but clouded over at times this afternoon. Reached 8.4°C, currently 4.4°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

A lovely frosty but foggy start to the day  it remained foggy until at least lunchtime although a work colleague said it was lovely in the Forest of Dean (altitude) looks like it's going to be another clear night

Edited by Rich_Clements

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I forgot I managed to snap this little robin on the tree in the garden earlier..

20200120_160009.thumb.jpg.e485e56df1d64dd75eacdc63be0a3fe0.jpg

He was singing away in the sunshine.

Currently -1.2°C

• Like 4

Posted

Colder tonight than last night here. Down to -1.2°C

Posted

After a misty night which has since cleared the cooler air is still here this morning hovering around the overnight low of -1.6°C at: 06:55...

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
7 hours ago, Mapantz said:

I forgot I managed to snap this little robin on the tree in the garden earlier..

20200120_160009.thumb.jpg.e485e56df1d64dd75eacdc63be0a3fe0.jpg

He was singing away in the sunshine.

Currently -1.2°C

My son has one in his garden, and it sings every morning AROUND ABOUT 3:30AM, he's such a happy chappy (the Robin not my son @ 3:30 am!)

• Like 1