Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/01/2020 Onward

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Slowly dropping here. 3.6°C which is almost as low as the lowest temperature this month. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Got down to 1.7C then shot up suddenly as the only shower in the area crossed over. Dropping again. Methinks an icy start tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Clear and cold here, we are on 1.6°C after a high of 9.2°C today. Some spotty showers to the west of Salisbury, look hit and miss on the radar

Edited by CheesepuffScott

Posted

Got down to 0.2°C has quickly risen back up to 2.9°C and still rising, wind has picked up a little along with some cloud from a decaying shower.

Posted

A low of 1.1c at 7.30am.
Its on the rise slowly now, 1.3c.
Very light NW wind, 1027 hpa and rising.
A quick wipeable slight frost. 
Lovely clear blue skies and glorious sunshine.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Blimey - an actual frost! Minimum of -1C and very icy out there.

You'd be forgiven for thinking it’s January!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

No idea how cold it got here last night but it's properly frosty  Stepped out onto the patio, nearly went flying, it's sheet ice. Hubby just came home hobbling and bleeding, he's a cyclist, goes out with a group every Saturday morning, he got maybe 500 yards down the road before the bike went out from underneath him - cycling abandoned today. The lanes round here have been very wet, lots of run off from the fields which is all now frozen solid, nothing is gritted around these parts until you get to the main roads which are miles away. Took this a few minutes ago, frost on the car bonnet. Very pretty

82459437_10219148581758318_7742996805352161280_o.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Low of 2.0c for me. Checked around and some got down to -1.9c in Radstock area.. Sunny at last. Now 3.0c. and rising. Frost looked much better than rain puddles.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Ground frost this morning, but air temp stayed above freezing at 0.1°C. Currently 4.3°C and sunny.

Some cloud moving in later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Still looking good for a 1050! May even squeeze something higher..

1060396950_viewimage(1).thumb.png.eca1fcc237dd26dbdc0c68bf64d584c0.png viewimage.thumb.png.06add9c0f1758986a2992e0cfeb66d76.png

Certainly going to blast my old record away.

Posted

Ahh, so Januaryesque, bright sunshine, clear skies and a thick ground and air frost, amazing.

Overnight low was -1.1°C at: 06:07, whilst it has warmed up to 6.4°C currently...

Remember this as the first frost of the decade!:cold:

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Good morning, sunny and cool after a frost overnight with a low of -0.8°C.. Currently 4.9°C

Posted

Beautiful start to the day here and not expecting that to change. Last night the temperature didn't drop below zero until 1am, but did get down to -1.4°C with a frost.

Currently 4.1°C with sunny skies. Pressure 1021mb and rising steadily.

Posted

The fog today is being very stubborn to clear here and as such current temp at 3.3 °C. Should see some sun later this afternoon I would expect. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Nowhere near an air frost here this morning with a low of 1.6°C. Still easily the lower st temperature this month. Sunny for most of the day so far but a bit of high cloud has moved in now. 6.9°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
6 hours ago, jethro said:

No idea how cold it got here last night but it's properly frosty  Stepped out onto the patio, nearly went flying, it's sheet ice. Hubby just came home hobbling and bleeding, he's a cyclist, goes out with a group every Saturday morning, he got maybe 500 yards down the road before the bike went out from underneath him - cycling abandoned today. The lanes round here have been very wet, lots of run off from the fields which is all now frozen solid, nothing is gritted around these parts until you get to the main roads which are miles away. Took this a few minutes ago, frost on the car bonnet. Very pretty

82459437_10219148581758318_7742996805352161280_o.jpg

I nearly came off the road driving through Oakhil this morning as i lost control but managed to save it just in time. Roads were terrible this morning. I did think to myself surely after such a mild winter they could push the boat out regarding the gritting of roads as it seemed like major b roads were frozen also.

Anyway nice to see a frost but one frost does not make a winter.. 

Edited by Nights King

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
41 minutes ago, Nights King said:

I nearly came off the road driving through Oakhil this morning as i lost control but managed to save it just in time. Roads were terrible this morning. I did think to myself surely after such a mild winter they could push the boat out regarding the gritting of roads as it seemed like major b roads were frozen also.

Anyway nice to see a frost but one frost does not make a winter.. 

Went past the gritting depot in Clutton yesterday, the store is full to the brim, they have a lot to spare. They never grit around here, not even if snowmaggedon is forecast, but usually the main roads are done, but you're right, not even those last night - definitely ice rink territory around here this morning.

Posted
56 minutes ago, jethro said:

Went past the gritting depot in Clutton yesterday, the store is full to the brim, they have a lot to spare. They never grit around here, not even if snowmaggedon is forecast, but usually the main roads are done, but you're right, not even those last night - definitely ice rink territory around here this morning.

Jethro, worth checking on the local council website to see the gritting and salting routes. I live on a bus route and am fortunate enough to see salt (!) just to keep the buses running. As for 'B' roads you'll be lucky to see anything these days in council cutbacks..

Posted

Overnight low of -4c and a crisp, clear morning.  I normally hate getting up in the dark, but this morning's dawn stroll to work was magical. Put me in a proper good mood.

Is there such a thing as explosive anticyclogenesis? Pressure has gone from 1004 yesterday am to 1027 just now

Posted
42 minutes ago, Frosty hollows said:

Overnight low of -4c and a crisp, clear morning.  I normally hate getting up in the dark, but this morning's dawn stroll to work was magical. Put me in a proper good mood.

Is there such a thing as explosive anticyclogenesis? Pressure has gone from 1004 yesterday am to 1027 just now

And we are at 1032mb down here on the coast..