Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/01/2020 Onward

Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Heavy rain for a while as that front passed. Surprise surprise the sky cleared around 4:30! 

Reached 8.6°C

Posted

Been a nice morning, plenty of sunshine.
10.8c, SSW wind 10-15mph.

Was a bit of a mixed bag yesterday, spells of sunshine and showers, some heavy at times during the afternoon, 2.3mm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
1 hour ago, Andy Bown said:

Hilarious at denying sunshine! Crystal clear from 16.00 until 08.00 now low cloud and mist developing!

I’ve noticed this too, although it is resulting in night temperatures cooling more than perhaps otherwise.

Minimum of 4.9C last night so still well above average but no sign of the 12C / 10C days yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Cloud, fog, drizzle and now back to fog again. 10.9°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm springs, hot summers, warm then stormy autumn

Clear spells overnight with the temperature getting down to 4.4°C at 02:40.. a dull start this morning which has set the chorus for the day with drizzle / light rain. It’s currently 11.2°C which is the warmest it has been all day

Posted

Well here’s a thing, the moon and stars are shining which means, surprise surprise, the sky has cleared at night!!!

A weirdly balmy 12.3c too!

Posted

Latest reading is +13.8c . I say + because it's in stark contrast to this night 10 years ago when we recorded -17.7c. That's a difference of 31.5c This differential must be some sort of record for overnight temperatures on the same date?

• Like 1

Posted

Morning All, a damp start after overnight rainfall, with conditions partly cloudy at the present. With inbound later today looking as though we will hit 8 out of 8 days with rainfall of some sort, so it continues. Meanwhile temperature is 10.6°C

Posted

Was a warm night, staying above 11°C until around 6am and getting to a low of 9.2°C shortly after 8am.

Currently 10.0°C, with drizzle, although it has been relatively dry all day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Cooler now than it was overnight as it’s just dropped back onto single figures. Another dull and cloudy day but dry for now. 9.8°C

Posted

What a bizarre finger of rain leading ahead of the main lot. It’s not anaprop because we had a sharp shower coinciding with it being over Warminster.

It looks like a narrow front that’s moving S to N.

81528548-03B4-47C6-A8B4-E9C0B3F1D305.png

18D8D1CF-8AC8-4C6A-90ED-378B6B63F9E7.png

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, matt111 said:

Cooler now than it was overnight as it’s just dropped back onto single figures. Another dull and cloudy day but dry for now. 9.8°C

Hovering here @ 10.0°C . Interesting about reports of potentially mm's of rainfall, right now we are playing "Piggy in the Middle"..

image.thumb.png.2d17d21345096ecdd9d10783c23d85c1.png

Posted
3 hours ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

The weather = "Kill me now" = End of the Winchester weather nowcast!

Just think, next winter COULD be totally different :olddoh:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Mainly drizzle here, but the wind is beginning to pick up. Temp 11.2°C

I decided to start rewriting my whole website a couple of weeks back. I had so many unused files but I actually wasn't sure what WAS being used - found out by accidentally deleting a file that was needed. I put the new site together on a separate part of my domain, as not to interfere with the current site. I've done most of the work to the point I could delete everything and move the new site over. No more unused files lying around, code cut down to the bare minimum to improve efficiency. Quite a bit more to do yet, but it's certainly kept me busy.

Posted

Morning a damp start and breezy start to the morning after an overnight low of 11.3°C at: 06:24, we are still a that measure..Still maintaining our 9 out of 9 precipitation days for Jan..

Posted

We were woken by a quite remarkable squall at about 03.00 . The Net Weather radar intensity shows it developed from red to pink echoes overhead at that time.