Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Another PWS - some guidance please!

wow400

Hi, I've had a HP1000 clone (Watson one) for about 2 years and it's coming to the end of it's natural.

I'm thinking about a replacement and have been looking through this and other forums with interest - although a bit of guidance is sought before I move onto the next phase!!

Is the only difference between my old HP1000 and the new HP2551 the fact that the new one has support for moisture sensors / air quality sensor and multiple temp / humidity sensors and a new outdoor sensor?

If that's the case, has anyone compared the HP2551 with the Bresser 6 in 1 as the Bresser looks very neat?

I don't need soil or air quality monitoring but a decent PWS is probably required - even a Davis Vantage Vue as they are coming down in price now....

WWW.WEATHERSHOP.CO.UK

The new Bresser 7002540CM3000 6-in-1 colour weather station combines a unique compact design with the ability to publish local conditions to popular weather...

Any help gratefully received.

TIA,

Nic

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
On 28/12/2019 at 13:42, wow400 said:

Hi, I've had a HP1000 clone (Watson one) for about 2 years and it's coming to the end of it's natural.

I'm thinking about a replacement and have been looking through this and other forums with interest - although a bit of guidance is sought before I move onto the next phase!!

Is the only difference between my old HP1000 and the new HP2551 the fact that the new one has support for moisture sensors / air quality sensor and multiple temp / humidity sensors and a new outdoor sensor?

If that's the case, has anyone compared the HP2551 with the Bresser 6 in 1 as the Bresser looks very neat?

I don't need soil or air quality monitoring but a decent PWS is probably required - even a Davis Vantage Vue as they are coming down in price now....

WWW.WEATHERSHOP.CO.UK

The new Bresser 7002540CM3000 6-in-1 colour weather station combines a unique compact design with the ability to publish local conditions to popular weather...

Any help gratefully received.

TIA,

Nic

Hello, the HP2551 is the evolution of the HP1000 as you have probably guessed.

Its currently the best console from Fine Offset available. As you say it can support multiple additional sensors should you add them such as Air Quality, soil moisture and more. Shortly it will support the new lightning sensor as well.

One of the advantages of the HP2551 is that you can choose the sensor package. An all in one if you wish (HP2551), or distributed sensors (HP2552)or even ultrasonic anemometer package (Hp2553)

I would argue that the HP2551 and current Fine Offset sensors are ahead and aimed at enthusiasts while the Bresser unit which is aimed more at consumers. This will probably start an argument!

For instance if you go with Fine Offset (Ecowitt/Froggit etc) you can add a GW1000 and then invest in weather analysis software and all sorts of fun can be had.

In reality the actual sensors inside the device is likely to be the same to meet the pricepoint so really it will be down to what you like and want to do with your weather station.