Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

anemometer mast - 2 meters and be able to change batteries every year

Posted

I am looking for a solution to installing my anemometer on a 2 meter mast on my chimney, on top of my house.
Its currently on 6 mters of 32mm plastic waste pipe, and swaying in the wind
I have a velux window around 1 meter wide about 1.5 meter away from the Chimney.
I want to install a 1.5 inch diameter aluminium pole with my anemometer on the top or side, but be able to pull it and then have it at a 90 degree angle in front of the velux window, so I can change batteries and change it with out getting on-top of the roof.
I am trying to think of the best way to attach the pole to a hinge? the hinge needs to be cheap, and maybe stainless or aluminium, hopefully lasting for around 30 years before I am close to one foot in the grave
any off the shelf solutions, or I could engineer something of my own.
Just cannot find a good solution to my issue !
Thanks in advance....

House Chimney.jpg

Posted

It would be much better to get hold of a normal alloy scaffolding pole and somehow attach it to the wall with spacing if need be to clear guttering etc.
Such a set up is relatively easy to 'walk' up and down for maintenance which could be needed more or less annually.
The roof ridge line has a significant speeding up effect similar to aircraft wing.
 It would be way too easy to do minor but expensive damage to the roof mucking about round there too.
The only safe way to be on a roof is with proper roof ladder secured in place.

Posted

Based on what you are saing, something like the following:

WWW.BARENCO.CO.UK

Aerial and antenna supports for amateur radio and commercial communications allowing easy access for maintenance and adjustments.

Could be worth talking to these guys

WWW.AERIALSANDTV.COM

No where in the internet will a page tell you more about all the brackets and clamps associated with aerial installations ! Also see Poles and masts Subject list :