Summer Sun

Winter 2019/20 | Moans, Ramps & Chat

It's quarter-to-three in the morning, in mid January, and I can hear birdsong outside.  Is that normal?  Surely that isn't normal.

It ACTUALLY feels like winter this morning. Blimey. Who'd have thought it.

Coldest night since november 30th made -1.9c GFS predicted temps are too high as I expected.

One winter forecast that is going to be as incorrect as one can imagine is Accuweather.The regions which were supposed to be the coldest will have the highest temp. anomalies by end of January. Central Europe benefitial rainfalls stand at 5mm so far this month and whopping 30mm in December 🙂

accu-winter-obr..png

4 minutes ago, jules216 said:

One winter forecast that is going to be as incorrect as one can imagine is Accuweather.The regions which were supposed to be the coldest will have the highest temp. anomalies by end of January. Central Europe benefitial rainfalls stand at 5mm so far this month and whopping 30mm in December 🙂

accu-winter-obr..png

Pretty much every aspect of that is wrong, impressive!

4 minutes ago, Nick L said:

Pretty much every aspect of that is wrong, impressive!

@Nick L isnt it 🙂

compday.tupyuiP3wS.gif

Hardly any rain or snowfall in many parts of Central Europe this winter. Wonder what the consequences regarding the drought lasting into Spring /Summer ? Rivers just a trickle in these parts. Just noted 1046mb surface pressure in the Welsh/ English border region and still rising. That's impressive, 1050mb on the cards !

C

Well, there certainly won't be any water shortages this summer in the UK!

The best Sunday of the Winter so far,still below freezing(just so not really cold),clear blue skies,slight breeze. Makes a very welcome change to this horrendous season so far.

I'm trying to remember a winter like this one for the UK...regarding temperature and lack of snow.

Let's hope we get a nice spring and summer...

The spring bulbs are poking through in my garden and the grass needs a trim.

11 hours ago, CreweCold said:

I really, desperately hoped I'd be wrong about this winter...

😞

You must be a follower of the October Fog Index too😉 It said snow chance of snow this winter, all the way back in.......well October.

Lovely Sunday winter’s morning with frosty and icy in places. Nice running weather although couldn’t feel the hands afterwards with the wrong gloves 🧤 

A most welcome break from the hideous winter ..

I would take these conditions all day long, or all winter long to be precise.

4 hours ago, jules216 said:

accu-winter-obr..png

Central Europe is one area that certainly could do with some ‘much needed’ rainfall. Or snowfall. In contrast to much of NW Europe!

That poster that showed before when the CET in autumn was below normal that this winter would be mild, as in previous times when this happened was spot-on. 

Can't find the post, but I didn't think it be this mild, still no sign of even a single snowflake. 

This winter is absolutely horrendous. It's going down as the worst ever in my opinion. 

Even Buxton is snowless this winter. 

Currrent CET nearly 4c above average, ridiculous. 

March CET lower than January, February and probably April  will be lower too , with Easterly and Northerly winds dominating for much of spring.

Edited by SLEETY

5 hours ago, jules216 said:

accu-winter-obr..png

Their winter forecasts at least for the UK have been very poor on the whole (should see the 2015-16 one, that was a real stinker) especially as regards to gales, seem obsess with active Atlantic weather in their winter forecasts and it's wrong again as regards to this. 

Edited by Weather-history

16 hours ago, tight isobar said:

yeah - taking that orbit  turn into account 

and CFS  LOOKINGS. .spring looks  non-exist! !!.

'along with other factors '..

it's looking  like deep winter may well come into what we assume as spring! !!.

a growing habbit  of our climatically  changing turn! !!

Think I’ll believe that when I see it....none of the LRF models have gone for a cold spring.

8 hours ago, jules216 said:

accu-winter-obr..png

Crapuweather strikes again! Their seasonal forecasts are absolutely terrible, last summers one was awful as well. It’s been unsettled here for sure, but stormy? We’ve only had 2 named storms....well down on previous winters. The rest of it is cack too. Best to ignore it really.

Dire from GFS run this evening. Not one cold member out to 15 days. Limited penetrations of colder air from the NW but not getting that far south if at all.

C

More of the usual crud from the models after our high pressure interlude. Just cool rain rather than exceptionally mild rain. Having said that yesterday was my coldest day this winter maxing out at a staggeringingly cold  7.4c. 😎

Edited by Broadmayne blizzard

1 hour ago, carinthian said:

Dire from GFS run this evening. Not one cold member out to 15 days. Limited penetrations of colder air from the NW but not getting that far south if at all.

C

?

uksnowrisk.thumb.png.ce9a5cbfaf0c0c37c926a8a3b2e261ad.pngh500slp.thumb.png.c6d73289616ce56482f09c165479ca23.png

....getting there.