Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Winter 2019/20 | Moans, Ramps & Chat

Summer Sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

Look - this isn't me being sensitive Jordan, people criticising my posts is like water off an Argentinian racing pigeon's back to me, i was just replying.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
1 hour ago, jordan smith said:

Haha as expected  

The output now is much more realistic with it more in line with the other models. :oldgood:

I have defended the GFS all winter but lets face it, GFS has been rubbish!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

I am accepting of the mild pattern but it is the depressingly heavy cloud and low light that often comes with it that I don't like. 

• Like 3

Posted
16 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

Look - this isn't me being sensitive Jordan, people criticising my posts is like water off an Argentinian racing pigeon's back to me, i was just replying.

I didn't quote you to try and offend you All I said is the statement you made on the mod thread about its garbage and no actual weather isn't necessary, unhelpful to people wanting to know the actual output whether its good or bad, isn't true and is more suited to this thread.  Why you challenged my reasonable quote I don't know as what I said is true. 

Anyway yes not having snow in particular in my opinion isn't great too but better to express that here. 

Edited by jordan smith

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and blisteringly hot
On 31/12/2019 at 00:20, CreweCold said:

Yes, I'm coughing my guts up. Horrible dry chest cough that makes you wretch. Horrendous.

It was January last year when I ended up in hospital twice with bacterial pneumonia.   

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any kind of extremes. But the more snow the better.

I know this is the Moans threads, but what I see his a little hypersensitivity to the weather!! It's the weather, not the outbreak of world war 3! I'm not seeing the weather I prefer right now... Namely cold and snow! But I certainly won't get over stressed about it! We have plenty of time left just yet... And if this year turns out to be a bust, so be it.... We all always have next time.. Every winter is the same... A couple of weeks in, and it's winter is over... Winter is garbage, the output is garbage..... And when summer arrives, we do it all over again.... I have the perfect solution... Spend winters in Canada and summers in the Mediterranean!!! Just need a lottery winner first folks... Oh and happy New Year...

• Like 6

Posted
19 minutes ago, phil nw. said:

I am accepting of the mild pattern but it is the depressingly heavy cloud and low light that often comes with it that I don't like. 

I quite agree/ The sunshine figures for down here for December were very low

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
11 minutes ago, jordan smith said:

All I said is the statement you made on the mod thread about its garbage and no actual weather isn't necessary, unhelpful to people wanting to know the output whether its good or bad and isn't true and is more suited to this thread. 

Jordan, just remember this...

download.jpg.6bc14b11124ac441764b9fa6737b01de.jpg feb........Everything is garbage weather unless it's cold with heavy snow.

images.jpg.3cb6b045cd1448ea20d3d7a9f0c5e60d.jpg Knocker....Only ever see's mild, mild or hot.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
18 minutes ago, phil nw. said:

This!

I wouldn’t actually mind a sunny mild spell right now but this tends to be a February thing rather than January for some reason.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Anyone seen the sun? It went missing on Christmas Day and hasn't been seen since apart from being briefly spotted on Monday. 

Posted

Another day, another mind numbing garbage set of runs.

Its pretty much been Autumn round here since about August-

NW England has THE most pathetic climate in the country.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
1 hour ago, Mattwolves said:

I know this is the Moans threads, but what I see his a little hypersensitivity to the weather!! It's the weather, not the outbreak of world war 3! I'm not seeing the weather I prefer right now... Namely cold and snow! But I certainly won't get over stressed about it! We have plenty of time left just yet... And if this year turns out to be a bust, so be it.... We all always have next time.. Every winter is the same... A couple of weeks in, and it's winter is over... Winter is garbage, the output is garbage..... And when summer arrives, we do it all over again.... I have the perfect solution... Spend winters in Canada and summers in the Mediterranean!!! Just need a lottery winner first folks... Oh and happy New Year...

Amen. The way some carry on you would think the UK will never see snow again, patience is often the best trait when it comes to UK winters and trying not to get too downbeat whatever the outcome. If all else fails I am trying to keep my snow and ice twitter thread updated as often as possible

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.
26 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Another day, another mind numbing garbage set of runs.

Its pretty much been Autumn round here since about August-

NW England has THE most pathetic climate in the country.

Hi NW, I do remember some nice cold winters in 60s in the Northwest. Sorry last year was so dismal up there. That latest run from ECM cannot get any worse from a cold lovers point of view. The whole of Western Europe at 240t as we approach deep mid winter time engulfed in mild flow. Upper temps of up to  +10c at 850mb level ( around 1500m ) from Sussex coast to the Swiss/Italian Alps. That's crazy for Mid January. Would be a disaster for ski -resorts even at higher levels. Certainly Scottish Resorts would fail to function. Lets hope this run does not come off, but would not back against it by the way things looking. Would need a big switch sooner than later.

C

• Like 1

Posted
17 minutes ago, carinthian said:

Hi NW, I do remember some nice cold winters in 60s in the Northwest. Sorry last year was so dismal up there. That latest run from ECM cannot get any worse from a cold lovers point of view. The whole of Western Europe at 240t as we approach deep mid winter time engulfed in mild flow. Upper temps of up to  +10c at 850mb level ( around 1500m ) from Sussex coast to the Swiss/Italian Alps. That's crazy for Mid January. Would be a disaster for ski -resorts even at higher levels. Certainly Scottish Resorts would fail to function. Lets hope this run does not come off, but would not back against it by the way things looking. Would need a big switch sooner than later.

C

Hi mate, sadly i have been on forums for many years and i know fron experience these setups are very very durable, i'm pretty confident we can write off the first two thirds of Jan bare minimum now, and perhaps that is generous.

Zero Greenland blocking in winter, tons of it in spring summer would appear to be becoming a trend, a very unwelcome one.

Edited by northwestsnow
  • Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Hi mate, sadly i have been on forums for many years and i know fron experience these setups are very very durable, i'm pretty confident we can write off the first two thirds of Jan bare minimum now, and perhaps that is generous.

Zero Greenland blocking in winter, tons of it in spring summer would appear to be becoming a trend, a very unwelcome one.

Strange events. Our summers over here becoming hotter and drier and winters milder with snow mostly restricted to elevation.  Think you lot had one of the warmest years on record last year albeit fairly wet at times. Yes 88/89 winter on cards for much of Europe.

C

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, carinthian said:

Strange events. Our summers over here becoming hotter and drier and winters milder with snow mostly restricted to elevation.  Think you lot had one of the warmest years on record last year albeit fairly wet at times. Yes 88/89 winter on cards for much of Europe.

C

Chart below looks familiar ? The dreaded winter of 1988/89 . 

C

untitled.png

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any kind of extremes. But the more snow the better.
1 hour ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

Amen. The way some carry on you would think the UK will never see snow again, patience is often the best trait when it comes to UK winters and trying not to get too downbeat whatever the outcome. If all else fails I am trying to keep my snow and ice twitter thread updated as often as possible

Yes kirkcaldy, I completely agree with you. Everytime a new month begins certain posters write that month off instantly!! I hate the climate, winters will never be  the same again. 

Blah blah.. I've not actually even viewed the ouoput myself for a week now... What's the point!! Winter is over!! Then summer will be over come mid June... Then next October will be looking promising, before come December, it will be all over again... Its actually becoming tiresome to the point, I couldnt care less about viewing the models right now! 

• Like 2

Posted
3 hours ago, Mattwolves said:

Or spend all year on the Med in Turkey, very hot Summers, lots of snow in Winter, better than the Alps these days down there.:wallbash:

gfseu-2-120.png

gfseu-2-132.png

gfseu-16-132.png

gfseu-16-186.png

Edited by snowray

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
29 minutes ago, snowray said:

Or spend all year on the Med in Turkey, very hot Summers, lots of snow in Winter, better than the Alps these days down there.:wallbash:

A lot of Turkey bar the Mediterranean coast is usually pretty decent for snow. Which surprises a lot of people as they think it's warm all year round throughout the country. But it has a lot of unusually varied terrain with areas around Erzerum & Kars that can be very snowy & bitterly cold. There's ski resorts around Erzerum. Chris Tarrant did a train journey from Istanbul all the way to the Armenian border & it showed how it got progressively colder the further he got into Turkey. Railway maintenance workers had to chip away at 3 feet thick ice inside train tunnels so the trains could get through the tunnels.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Frost HoIIow said:

A lot of Turkey bar the Mediterranean coast is usually pretty decent for snow. Which surprises a lot of people as they think it's warm all year round throughout the country. But it has a lot of unusually varied terrain with areas around Erzerum & Kars that can be very snowy & bitterly cold. There's ski resorts around Erzerum. Chris Tarrant did a train journey from Istanbul all the way to the Armenian border & it showed how it got progressively colder the further he got into Turkey. Railway maintenance workers had to chip away at 3 feet thick ice inside train tunnels so the trains could get through the tunnels.

Yes its a big country of course with a very varied terrain and climate, I remember years ago when some Turkish bloke was talking about skying in the Turkish mountains, I was quite shocked at first, thought it was more of a desert inland. In fact it often snows more down towards the middle east than it does in Old Blighty.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
8 minutes ago, snowray said:

Yes its a big country of course with a very varied terrain and climate, I remember years ago when some Turkish bloke was talking about skying in the Turkish mountains, I was quite shocked at first, thought it was more of a desert inland. In fact it often snows more down towards the middle east than it does in Old Blighty.

Yes it's definitely strange to associate cold, skiing & snow with Turkey - especially to people who holiday in Marmaris every year. You'd have a hard time convincing them haha.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

It's quite similar with some places in Spain. When I lived in Madrid, I often had to explain to foreigners that not far inland from the east coast, it can get quite chilly in winter. Teruel is indeed one of the coldest spots in Spain for nighttime minima at least. Like Turkey, the country has altitude on its side big time!

• Like 1

Posted
47 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Yes, its usually my favourite time of the year for model watching but its got to the stage were i just quickly scan through with little enthusiasm ..

We are in huuuuuuge trouble right now if anyone is hoping for any snow or real cold!!!there is not even a glimmer of hope in fi land aswell!this is fast becoming one of the worst winters in terms of lack and snow to date!!reminds me of the darn 90s!!!i think we can write off the next 3 weeks aswell lol!!

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowfall

Wakes up looks at models .....goes back to sleep........wake me up last week of Jan

• Like 6