Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Winter 2019/20 | Moans, Ramps & Chat

Summer Sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)

I’ve got a moan.  Texas has snow. Surely that is not allowed. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
1 hour ago, DonnaThw said:

I’ve got a moan.  Texas has snow. Surely that is not allowed. 

it snows in Texas pretty much every year..not unusual at all

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Do we have a glossea and Euro update for spring yet?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow (but who doesnt like that)
1 hour ago, cheeky_monkey said:

it snows in Texas pretty much every year..not unusual at all

Still not fair, I know I sound like a toddler but it’s just not fair. 

Posted

Still no sign of anything wintry after next week, back to mild again looking the most likely option again. 

Absolutely hopeless winter. 

Might just see a flake next week, before mild returns, then this winter can go do one. 

A most forgettable winter with nothing but High pressure and low pressure in the wrong place for over two months now. 

Hasn't even felt like winter, nothing but almost continuous rain here since December and windy. 

Maybe spring can give everyone a decent snowfall. 

• Like 1

Posted
23 hours ago, General Cluster said:

This would certainly be 'faux' cold...Very, very, very faux, in fact::help::gathering:

h500slp.png    h850t850eu.png

Well its much better than faux news,its still bringing cold 2 air frosts in a row at -0.8c

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)

Look at the state of the PV again

image.thumb.png.0d67d70477e53ecaa366e98f5963cf1a.png:

Not far off all-time highs for the second time in a month. Should be down at around 20m/s now, instead were at 50m/s. What a terrible winter.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

Even though I am looking forward to the wild weather over the next few days...it’s still hard to beat a cold (1c currently) and calm Winter’s morning with the pink glow from the sunrise/clouds reflecting off the water.

These type of mornings have been severely lacking here this Winter - lovely start to the day.

65A7361C-9158-49DD-B22A-9183BE26F01A.thumb.jpeg.c368e8d2ea87f8e93c64d4af4e9644ac.jpeg

I am also getting to the stage that I am looking forward to the first warmth of Spring arriving...although I would take another BFTE also! 

Have a good weekend everyone!

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold

Probably going to get quite backfired on this but i don't understand why so many people like winter so much in this country, for me winter is horrible for a number of reasons 

• everywhere besides the towns and cities is just all muddy and slushy making nature areas a game of hopscotch and i know u bring wellies but just to bring an extra pair of shoes to go into an area you might only be 10 mins in due to not seeing anything interesting as its all go into hibernation.
  • everything except a few animals such as birds is in hibernation so forests look dead and wildlife seems to not exist anymore
  • much more likely to be ill as viruses survive better in cold weather then hot weather
  • black ice being on the road after a chilly morning or night before the grit trucks have gone out can cause accidents or fatal accidents
  • If you get locked out of your house and have no communication at night, you're much more likely to get hypothermia than hyperthermia due to having nothing to warm you up only the current clothing you have on and due to everything outside being wet it will be difficult to warm up increasing the chances of getting sick

With global warming and climate change getting worse with every year, proper winter weather such as snow is more FL then anything else nowadays and if we do get snow its most likely going to be in Scotland then anyone such as myself in the southern areas, it would be magical even if it's just one day to have snow but now winter is just a mess and has been for many years.

But spring and summer has problems which i know people have 

• Exhaustion and sweat either from excising for a period of time or just being in the sun for a while
  • Hayfever which ruins a lot of experiences due to feeling unwell
  • trying to sleep at night during a heatwave (this one in particular i hate in the summer)

Maybe I just don't fully understand why people in this country like winter so much in the the UK when all I see are messy outdoors, chilly wind, runny noses with coughing and having the heating on full blast all day everyday. Which for me is nothing enjoyable in my eyes. 

• Like 1

Posted
39 minutes ago, Atmogenic said:

Probably going to get quite backfired on this but i don't understand why so many people like winter so much in this country, for me winter is horrible for a number of reasons 

• everywhere besides the towns and cities is just all muddy and slushy making nature areas a game of hopscotch and i know u bring wellies but just to bring an extra pair of shoes to go into an area you might only be 10 mins in due to not seeing anything interesting as its all go into hibernation.
  • everything except a few animals such as birds is in hibernation so forests look dead and wildlife seems to not exist anymore
  • much more likely to be ill as viruses survive better in cold weather then hot weather
  • black ice being on the road after a chilly morning or night before the grit trucks have gone out can cause accidents or fatal accidents
  • If you get locked out of your house and have no communication at night, you're much more likely to get hypothermia than hyperthermia due to having nothing to warm you up only the current clothing you have on and due to everything outside being wet it will be difficult to warm up increasing the chances of getting sick

With global warming and climate change getting worse with every year, proper winter weather such as snow is more FL then anything else nowadays and if we do get snow its most likely going to be in Scotland then anyone such as myself in the southern areas, it would be magical even if it's just one day to have snow but now winter is just a mess and has been for many years.

But spring and summer has problems which i know people have 

• Exhaustion and sweat either from excising for a period of time or just being in the sun for a while
  • Hayfever which ruins a lot of experiences due to feeling unwell
  • trying to sleep at night during a heatwave (this one in particular i hate in the summer)

Maybe I just don't fully understand why people in this country like winter so much in the the UK when all I see are messy outdoors, chilly wind, runny noses with coughing and having the heating on full blast all day everyday. Which for me is nothing enjoyable in my eyes. 

Because everyone is different and we all have different likes and dislikes.

For what it's worth, I don't actually think many on here particularly like UK Winters because they are more often than not absolute trash and extensions of autumn - they pine for cold snowy weather which rarely arrives.

It's the same as me not particularly caring for UK summers because they're also usually pretty crap compared to the near continent - however I will concede there is a far higher likelihood of achieving hot weather in summer here than truly cold weather in Winter, so i do totally feel for the coldies.

Edited by Azazel
  • Like 1

Posted
54 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

The good news just keeps rolling in.  Dear dear, what have we done to you Planet Earth?!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind

regarding public transport getting cancelled under a yellow warning. I think it's because the Met O has named this storm.

more media hype drummed up, so some people think there is pretty much a hurricane coming.

This coming in a winter, when the Met O has mostly refused to name any low pressure systems

Posted
14 minutes ago, stevofunnelcl said:

regarding public transport getting cancelled under a yellow warning. I think it's because the Met O has named this storm.

more media hype drummed up, so some people think there is pretty much a hurricane coming.

This coming in a winter, when the Met O has mostly refused to name any low pressure systems

Don't really understand the point of the whole naming the storms thing. They only started doing it a few years ago, when they seemed to name every bit of wind and rain going. It just seems to create media hype.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
17 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

I didn't know that the thermometer has been around for thousands of years. recording daily values.

Hence ‘possibly’...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
35 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Yeah, should be 'possibly' breaking news then. lol.

Err no. The 18.3C was not a ‘possibly’.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

So are we still waiting to gain and watch as all things lead to notion  and exact..?? Or are we just gonna except that this winter is done and we should just look forward to spring and it being prime for sunshine and warmth via an exacting time frame of utter trip while we await it's stunning arrival?? Every bloody winter this utter tripe gets bounded out in this thread and each time we are told to trust in the method etc.. well a stopped clock I right twice a day.. so I guess at some point the profit will be correct..

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, MP-R said:

Err no. The 18.3C was not a ‘possibly’.

Err , record breaking news remains a possibility, not really record breaking then...................

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love heat & thunderstorms, but hate the cold
22 hours ago, Azazel said:

Because everyone is different and we all have different likes and dislikes.

I understand that, i'm not saying they shouldn't like winter as I know people are adapted to different temperatures and see the season more beautifully then i do. But when it close to the end (such as now) and nothing has happened, they should really give up because even if it did snow it would melt quite quickly due to the ever strengthening sun.

I don't actually think many on here particularly like UK Winters

This is kind of why I started the rant because the model discussion thread, almost all people except 2 really want winter to happen and their excitement is like a kid first time meeting santa claus , now im not saying they shouldn't be happy if the weather they see on models interest them, but what i've seen from all the different weather events that has happened since I joined here, it seems like the majority of members are lovers of winter and anything else is a shrug on the shoulders so to say it bluntly they should save money to go to a continental country where 90% it will be snowy or fly to that country if they're that desperate for snow because what's happening to this planet warming up every year is just going to decrease the chances of anything wintery ever happening as people know how little winter is nowadays with almost every winter now just being an extended autumn.

22 hours ago, Azazel said:

It's the same as me not particularly caring for UK summers because they're also usually pretty crap

But the obvious difference with summer isn't that there is a temperature difference but the sun. The sun is the main source of warmth in the summer so it covers the entire country unlike snow where it just comes from isolated snow showers which won't hit all locations so not everyone will get it, snow also needs all different weather conditions just for it to drop as snow and not rain compared to heat which needs much less. I'm basically saying summers are much more likely to be summer due to the warmth of the sun unlike winters where the sun is at its weakest and majority of the time its overcast so it doesn't help at all to get anything started. So I can understand that the coldies are upset with having no snow but unfortunately it's how its going to be nowadays with a warming planet.  Having snow for just one day across the country will soon be a memorable event due to how rare it's becoming.

21 minutes ago, Atmogenic said:

But the obvious difference with summer isn't that there is a temperature difference but the sun. The sun is the main source of warmth in the summer so it covers the entire country

Away from your corner in the southeast, that's debatable!