Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Winter 2019/20 | Moans, Ramps & Chat

Summer Sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
43 minutes ago, SLEETY said:

A highly abnormal mild winter is all it is, what's stopping spring being the other way. 

The CFS... 

cfs-0-1242.png?12

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!
3 hours ago, snowrye said:

Such a poor winter, steve murr mentioned that finland are norway are pretty much snowless, and has also posted a very dire outlook, at least most of the northern hemisphere is in the same boat, old man winter, where have you gone in recent years

Steve actually said Southern Norway/Finland (which is correct)  - plenty of snow on the ground in Northern parts as has been the case all Winter.

Latest snow and ice cover:

image.thumb.gif.ec68609f2b88d1d5a7d52a5b178ee764.gif

Current temperatures:

image.thumb.png.601e0402e9fc0f70dc5b55154baccc8c.png

Iceland currently:

image.thumb.png.5d9f1eb80fee05f40b1029df19dcdbdc.png

I have said it before if you want a good snowy/cold holiday - those are the places to go!  

Anyways I am here for a moan! (Thought I had entered the Climate Change thread for a moment)

Horrible Winter's day! Currently 4C, heavy rain and low cloud - my least favourite type of weather! Only thing keeping me interested in Winter weather at the moment is the threat of colder air from the NW and severe gale events. (Warning out for tomorrow here)

No doubt we will get a cold/wet April/May as most of us look for warmth/convective weather! 

Right now I would love to be in the above places or Valencia! 

Edited by Mr Frost

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

If we get lumbered with cool/cold weather in April and May, let's hope it's of the sort that will at least bring us some classic sunshine and shower convective days. From a selfish point of view, I do well for thunder in these types of setups:

archives-2016-4-26-12-0.png archives-2015-5-19-12-0.png archives-2012-4-12-12-0.png 

• Like 3

Posted

Moved from Poole to the West Mildands in August 2018. Expecting some snow and cold weather but during the 17 months since, Nil pois. Utter tosh. 

This winter is a write off. Let's get through the rest of this current crap and focus on spring and summer. Maybe winter 2020/21 might bring something more favourable in the terms of cold weather. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: mediterranean summer

even my better half who was born in South Carolina was commenting its colder there than it is here quite bizzare.and my pear tree is starting to bud.

Posted

At least there is more interest for all those seeking cold in the models at the moment even if the end result is pretty much as per normal!! Models have been very bullish rolling out week after week of milder than average dross recently...……..a points deduction without question should be enforced for the models bare cheek...……..will the outlook improve..………….very SCEPTICAL!!!   LIKEY CREEEEEEEEEWWWWW

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C
8 hours ago, Summer Sun said:

Valencia hit 27.0c yesterday with cold air very restricted to the far north of Europe

2_txint_eur2.thumb.png.8d54a0bb79097c5fa07b3de4b243d811.png

It was amazing! Coming out of the Carrefour Supermarket felt similar to that feeling that you get on a hot Summer's day when that hot air hits you. However we did get pummeled by Storm Gloria last week, which produced some superb thunderstorms but also some very damaging winds.

Edited by 95 Degrees
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
2 hours ago, Stabilo19 said:

Denver has the craziest weather swings surely? 

denverwtf.thumb.png.6da219d5aff96c51b1a660204c6903bc.png

I would love to live in Denver. They get proper winter weather, the summers aren't oppressive and you've got the mountains next door. Plus it's a saner part of the states. I got to experience a couple of these cold fronts in Oklahoma, they are incredible, you can actually feel the temperature drop 10-15c in a matter of minutes. Bizarre.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cool & dry, with regular cold, snowy periods.

As a keen cyclist, I often see images of cyclists in Boulder, Colorado on social media - not jealous at all........

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
39 minutes ago, HafrenLMP1 said:

As a keen cyclist, I often see images of cyclists in Boulder, Colorado on social media - not jealous at all........

Boulder is absolutely beautiful. I know someone living there doing a post-doc. Some day...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and hot, sunny summers!

Dear God, just look at the state of it.

image.thumb.png.28666327f85cea3c4b9fcd584c13810a.png

I'm hopeful I may see some snow next week from some shots of PM air due to my altitude, but this isn't what I signed up for damn it! 

I don't think there's been a winter where I've been so consistently duped by model output in the medium-long term.  Pretty sure I've been championing a pattern change ever since mid-January  The strat forecasts have traditionally been fairly reliable even out to +384h, but this winter it just kept teasing us only for any predicted warmings to be incredibly watered down, and the sPV shaking off any minor hits it does take.  Right now, it doesn't even look at all likely that we'll get a consolation of an early-Spring "winter".  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
39 minutes ago, weatherguy said:

Dear God, just look at the state of it.

image.thumb.png.28666327f85cea3c4b9fcd584c13810a.png

I'm hopeful I may see some snow next week from some shots of PM air due to my altitude, but this isn't what I signed up for damn it! 

I don't think there's been a winter where I've been so consistently duped by model output in the medium-long term.  Pretty sure I've been championing a pattern change ever since mid-January  The strat forecasts have traditionally been fairly reliable even out to +384h, but this winter it just kept teasing us only for any predicted warmings to be incredibly watered down, and the sPV shaking off any minor hits it does take.  Right now, it doesn't even look at all likely that we'll get a consolation of an early-Spring "winter".  

Maybe the bigger they are, the harder they fall. I've just got a bad feeling we will see a cold spring this year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

Well this Winter has proved something at least. The climate is changing,changing at a record rate as well. Can see records tumbling this Spring and Summer one extreme or the other.

• Like 2

Posted

Or its just that it was a winter with the wind direction constantly in the SW, not like it hasn't happened before, but it's happening much more regularly than before, so something must be causing it. 

Posted
43 minutes ago, SLEETY said:

Or its just that it was a winter with the wind direction constantly in the SW, not like it hasn't happened before, but it's happening much more regularly than before, so something must be causing it. 

Aliens. They changed our atmosphere in August 1987.

• Like 2

Posted
On 01/12/2019 at 14:43, Duncan McAlister said:

An autumn this frosty usually bodes well for a cold (relatively speaking of course!) winter here.

Not always. 

I remember autumn 1992 being cold, but the winter as a whole was milder than average. But, I do recall some cold frosty periods in January and February 1993.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - cold, summer - not hot
1 minute ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

O/T  know, but, if those gust speeds are accurate, I don't want it!  90 mph basically means "no roof".

Same here. I get the desire to see some snow, and even some blustery winds, but to wish 90mph gusts on swathes of the country???  Errr count me out.

Posted
1 hour ago, mb018538 said:

Ooh - 100mph winds! Burns Night 1990 or 1987 Michael Fish 'hurricane' redux? 

I dont think  i ever seen winds modelled to be that severe around these parts   Not very likely  to happen  but insane to see 

Posted
2 minutes ago, weirpig said:

I dont think  i ever seen winds modelled to be that severe around these parts   Not very likely  to happen  but insane to see 

I don’t know.  With today’s climate, nothing would surprise me!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: LP - Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards
5 minutes ago, Don said:

I don’t know.  With today’s climate, nothing would surprise me!

airpressure.thumb.png.dbfaeb733f126454e11934babadf30d0.png

• Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, Iceaxecrampon said:

airpressure.thumb.png.dbfaeb733f126454e11934babadf30d0.png

That’s a seriously scary looking beast.  Talk about batten down the hatches!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
1 hour ago, Mr TOAD said:

Same here. I get the desire to see some snow, and even some blustery winds, but to wish 90mph gusts on swathes of the country???  Errr count me out.

I've disowned that post, BTW.