Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Winter 2019/20 | Moans, Ramps & Chat

Summer Sun

Posted
1 minute ago, daz_4 said:

Record for max. temp was broken on 134 out of 154 stations in my country today.

text_big1580566311-1.jpg

It just will not give up!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: mediterranean summer

over on the fantasy thread there still in la la land about snow.but in the REAL world we will have to watch over the next 3 weeks for some real stormy weather so batten down the hatches everyone some really nasty storms on the way.  

gfs-0-252.png

ao.sprd2 (1).gif

Edited by igloo
  • Like 1

Posted
7 hours ago, snowblizzard said:

I can't remember a winter where so many mid latitude countries have experienced such sustained mild weather conditions!

1988/89?  However, whether they were this mild, I’m not sure?

Posted
7 hours ago, Northernlights said:

Raining again this morning . Mud has retuned in abundance.. If only we had some frost or the rain stopped.just for a change.

After rain showers this morning, sleety showers this afternoon in a temp of 2C (higher up in the Glen). Passed a field of depressed-looking cattle standing motionless, shin-deep in mud. The whole field was a messy mud fest.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow
1 minute ago, Summer Sun said:

Heavy snow in Iraq this afternoon

You coudnt write it!!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
30 minutes ago, Corisa said:

Welcome to NO WINTER!!. This is incredible. When will we see some cold? The problem is very serious.

Indeed. And kudos to @CreweCold for making this year's standout winter forecast?! :oldgood:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, thunderstorms, warm summers not too hot.
23 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Heavy snow in Iraq this afternoon

That's nothing too unusual there on the Iraq-Turkey border. It's over 4000 feet up as well. The climate there is a tad different than Baghdad which sits inside the Arabian desert.

Posted
2 hours ago, ciel said:

After rain showers this morning, sleety showers this afternoon in a temp of 2C (higher up in the Glen). Passed a field of depressed-looking cattle standing motionless, shin-deep in mud. The whole field was a messy mud fest.

Yes neep field is very muddy again.Cows go out have their row of neeps and come back in again after about two hours to freshly bedded fold where this afternoon thay just lay down very quickly. We are getting them to eat off the wetter areas of the field as no machines will travel there till possibly April.

Out intering cattle on anything but pure sand this winter is not a pretty sight but having said that their lungs will  be healthier not being housed in very humid damp weather

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.

Sweden results in now for January. Recorded well above average temps right across the country , generally in the range +4 to 6 c above average with the extreme of 10c above average in the Central belt. One of the warmest since records began over there and they were one of the forerunners in recordings going back along time. This winter warmth is frightening me.

C

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, Northernlights said:

Yes neep field is very muddy again.Cows go out have their row of neeps and come back in again after about two hours to freshly bedded fold where this afternoon thay just lay down very quickly. We are getting them to eat off the wetter areas of the field as no machines will travel there till possibly April.

Out intering cattle on anything but pure sand this winter is not a pretty sight but having said that their lungs will  be healthier not being housed in very humid damp weather

Sad to read that NL. Our local farmer has a herd of , yes, Highland breed cattle and shorthorns in an open paddock next to the barn, they wander in and out all day, plenty of straw bedding and hay feed inside but seem to spend most of the day outdoors in the snow covered paddock and sunshine, which I think they like.

C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow!

All nine of the country's counties have measured their warmest January ever. Several of the records are broken at the country's oldest measuring stations.

paul-6Iqo55KrjRU-unsplash.jpg?quality=85
WWW.MET.NO

Hele ni av landets fylker har målt sin varmeste januar noensinne. Flere av rekordene slås på landets eldste målestasjoner.

Many stations also recorded their wettest January ever.

So.. will it be warmest WINTER ever? I think we are pretty close, weather models for the first half of February show no signs of change

Edited by topo
  • Like 1

Posted
14 minutes ago, carinthian said:

Sweden results in now for January. Recorded well above average temps right across the country , generally in the range +4 to 6 c above average with the extreme of 10c above average in the Central belt. One of the warmest since records began over there and they were one of the forerunners in recordings going back along time. This winter warmth is frightening me.

C

I hope this winter has not marked a step change for winters to come.  Mind you, I thought the same in early 2007.  However, with the ever warming climate it will happen sooner or later.

Posted
7 minutes ago, Don said:

I hope this winter has not marked a step change for winters to come.  Mind you, I thought the same in early 2007.  However, with the ever warming climate it will happen sooner or later.

Norway results in now. Looks like their warmest ever January. This is widespread winter warmth. Sure something is not right. 23c in NE Spain today !

Edited by carinthian
  • Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, carinthian said:

Sad to read that NL. Our local farmer has a herd of , yes, Highland breed cattle and shorthorns in an open paddock next to the barn, they wander in and out all day, plenty of straw bedding and hay feed inside but seem to spend most of the day outdoors in the snow covered paddock and sunshine, which I think they like.

C

Remember my father had an old wooden shed in the early sixties next to a field where the cattle had freedom to come and go outside but with a bed of straw inside.Always amused him that on a very cold night maybe -6c or lower they would be lying  outside chewing the cud contentedly the one type of weather they hated was wind and rain but as soon  rain stopped they would be outside again.

• Like 2

Posted

If this is global warming, accelerating on a much faster scale than scientists think, we are doomed within a few short years!  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰