Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Winter 2019/20 | Moans, Ramps & Chat

Summer Sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny
3 hours ago, knocker said:

I very much dislike the continuous and repetitive use of the words, 'dross' and 'boring' about the the current and recent weather. From where I'm sitting, from the meteorological perspective it has been far from either. This subjective and brief analysis, is, well, just dross and boring.

Current weather (IMBY.. London) has been boring! 

Who finds drizzle and mild, cloudy January days exciting? 

• Like 1

Posted

dont if any one else   have been looking at their twitter/facbook this of the crazy  cams coming out of dubal of it flooded  out

Posted

It’s so bad now this winter,that I would take that 24 hour Northerly on ECM lol.

Can anyone remember the last time we had sustained Northerly in January lasting more than a couple of days.

Im scratching my head trying to remember....

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow
4 minutes ago, SLEETY said:

It’s so bad now this winter,that I would take that 24 hour Northerly on ECM lol.

Can anyone remember the last time we had sustained Northerly in January lasting more than a couple of days.

Im scratching my head trying to remember....

They seem very rare these days I'd agree.the other problem is away from coasts and the far north there generally dry.i guess it's a waiting game but I think that's wearing thin now

• Like 2

Posted

Hopefully we should get a break from this very unsettled period come the end of the week. And yet the peeps are  hoping this will be short lived and are gagging for the return of unsettled and nasty in the form of snow and ice. It makes no sense to man nor beast.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW AND FREEZING TEMPS
30 minutes ago, knocker said:

Hopefully we should get a break from this very unsettled period come the end of the week. And yet the peeps are  hoping this will be short lived and are gagging for the return of unsettled and nasty in the form of snow and ice. It makes no sense to man nor beast.

What’s wrong with wanting snow and ice ? It’s like it a crime according to you . I’m pretty sure most on here would rather have snow blowing at there door rather than rain blowing at it or even dry mild weather. People like snow (so what ) some people like mild (so what ) some people like storms (so what) . What makes no sense nor beast is you moaning because people want cold and snow in winter .  

• Like 6

Posted
7 minutes ago, ICE COLD said:

What’s wrong with wanting snow and ice ? It’s like it a crime according to you . I’m pretty sure most on here would rather have snow blowing at there door rather than rain blowing at it or even dry mild weather. People like snow (so what ) some people like mild (so what ) some people like storms (so what) . What makes no sense nor beast is you moaning because people want cold and snow in winter .  

I thought exactly the same thing you typed..

But then just LOL'd.

• Like 5

Posted
14 minutes ago, ICE COLD said:

Being of an age that meant I have lived threw some bitter long winters I can understand knockers point.i don't mind s few snow showers etc or lying snow for a short period as a novelty.tbh I find winter s dank,dark miserable time.moving towards the canaries is on the cards later this year for me so I will be able to watch the winter models by the pool,rampant PV or not

• Like 4

Posted
2 hours ago, ICE COLD said:

If snow and ice is your tipple, you're in the wrong country.

• Like 2

Posted
3 hours ago, ICE COLD said:

Well I do think some of the cold coven should be up at the Hague charged with crimes against meteorology

• Like 5

Posted
1 hour ago, knocker said:

Well I do think some of the cold coven should be up at the Hague charged with crimes against meteorology

Fantastic reply.remember you can be a "king or a road sweeper"but we all dance with the road gritter !!!,

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, FiftyShadesofSnow said:

Just an Mjo influence...lNothing really and probably false as Mjo dies at 7 an charts reflect that...Nothing this Winter really suggests anything other than zonal, unfortunately. 

Seems to getting a bit more amplified (sourced from Matt Hugo via twitter) 

IMG_20200112_174724.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
6 hours ago, ICE COLD said:

What makes no sense nor beast is you moaning because people want cold and snow in winter

Very well put...it seems on here one rule for one,another for the others. Heaven forbid any of us posting how uncomfortable and hot it is in the summer! 

• Like 4

Posted
27 minutes ago, markyo said:

Very well put...it seems on here one rule for one,another for the others. Heaven forbid any of us posting how uncomfortable and hot it is in the summer! 

I really don't get it either when snow lovers get stick for moaning about the lack of cold/snow in January, the time of year when it is most likely!  What about when we have a cool and unsettled summer?  Will heat/storm lovers get stick for moaning?!

• Like 3

Posted
34 minutes ago, markyo said:

That's been obvious for many years

• Like 1

Posted

I've been staying out of this thread, as I suspect it would be full of doomy gloomy posts - as expected given the lack of cold and snow so far.. 

From a personal perspective, this winter so far is not quite on a par with the snowless mild gunk that 13/14 delivered. We didn't receive one morning with any snow cover the whole of that winter!. At least we have had one so far. We have also so far been spared any significant flooding events, or storm events unlike 13/14 and 15/16. So yes whilst it has been relatively poor so far for cold and snow, there have been worse winters up to this point. 

I'd just like to have at least one decent snowfall, say 3-4 inches that sticks on the ground for 2-3 days preferably a weekend. Not much to ask for.. no doubt the snow and cold will come in Spring when we don't want it.. cold snowy spells have a habit of rearing there head in spring after mild snowless winters, 2007/2008 a good example, April 89 also, Spring 16 also. I'm staying positive in that we will see some snow and cold weather before the winter is out.

• Like 2

Posted
2 hours ago, damianslaw said:

I'd just like to have at least one decent snowfall, say 3-4 inches that sticks on the ground for 2-3 days preferably a weekend.

Like end of January/beginning of February last year for some southern/south western areas.  That couldn’t have been better timed!

Posted
13 hours ago, markyo said:

You personally spend every single day above 20 degrees from May-September moaning about how hot it is and then revel and rub "heat lovers" noses in it whenever it's cool and rainy and you're moaning about others doing the same in Winter. Remarkable.

Edited by Azazel
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
3 minutes ago, Azazel said:

You personally spend every single day above 20 degrees from May-September moaning about how hot it is in summer and then revel and rub "heat lovers" noses in it whenever it's cool and rainy and you're moaning about others doing the same in Winter. Remarkable.

agree Azazel, cool thing when you think, summer getting closer as every day goes on, right side of new year now

• Like 2