Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Winter 2019/20 | Moans, Ramps & Chat

Summer Sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold
1 hour ago, Summer Sun said:

The met office have issued yellow warnings for heavy rain in parts of the south on Friday, Saturday and Sunday

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/warnings-and-advice/uk-warnings#?date=2019-12-18

The river Thames was so fast this morning, I’ve never seen the swans swim so fast downstream  Can only make the river faster until any decent dry weather arrives!

Edited by prolongedSnowLover

Posted
20 minutes ago, prolongedSnowLover said:

The river Thames was so fast this morning, I’ve never seen the swans swim so fast downstream  Can only make the river faster until any decent dry weather arrives!

Streams where definitely fast flowing nearby me yesterday nearby canal was high too along with standing water on nearby fields.. 

IMG_20191217_131803.thumb.jpg.947485eef4ef41d5e44a41f6222b5dd9.jpg

IMG_20191217_131707.thumb.jpg.494d1925489d4560a5c112c561b47265.jpg

IMG_20191217_131430.thumb.jpg.157a9b4baf4aa50cc5d435c51d1a4a44.jpg

Edited by jordan smith

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

That's me finished  work wise for Christmas thank God. Since the end of September , it's been a  =====ing  nightmare trying to get anything done and earn a living.

A decent dry spell after Christmas would be  great, don't care if it's mild or cold , just want it bl'''dy dry.

• Like 1

Posted
On 14/12/2019 at 01:30, AderynCoch said:

You think that's bad? I'm off to Ukraine on the same date to experience some proper Eastern-European winter. The forecast temperature?

14C. Fourteen.

Try 16C instead! This must be record-breaking for the time of year. I was walking around in a shirt this afternoon because even just a light, unzipped hoody was making me sweat. This would be bonkers Christmas weather for the UK never mind flippin' Ukraine!

Ľviv is a very nice city though. 

IMG_20191218_143134.thumb.jpg.43876979600940ac411489d53dd6ba17.jpg

IMG_20191218_143154.jpg

IMG_20191218_142947.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
29 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Some parts of Europe got into the low 20s yesterday. The UK was once of the coldest places yesterday.

download.thumb.png.7189091554cd57d99d7b81bd9dc6ff66.png

Ties in with some of the forecasts for Europe this winter with Europe seeing even higher temp anomalies than that of the UK, low pressure dominant in central North Atlantic or nearer to the UK and High pressure over Russia and those southerlies...

Edited by Froze were the Days
  • Like 3

Posted
9 minutes ago, prolongedSnowLover said:

The world's gone crazy with record heat in Australia, unseasonal warmth in Europe, record rainfalls in the UK.

Crazy maybe, but perhaps not surprising with climate change.  Expect this world to get more ‘crazy’ as time goes by!

• Like 4

Posted
22 minutes ago, AderynCoch said:

Try 16C instead! This must be record-breaking for the time of year. I was walking around in a shirt this afternoon because even just a light, unzipped hoody was making me sweat. This would be bonkers Christmas weather for the UK never mind flippin' Ukraine!

Ľviv is a very nice city though.

Temps of 13c are forecast for Prague on Friday.  It won’t feel particularly festive!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
38 minutes ago, Don said:

Temps of 13c are forecast for Prague on Friday.  It won’t feel particularly festive!

I live in Prague and it has felt like Spring this week, absolutely crazy. No sign of winter in the foreseeable, either. Heating bills are low, though 

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 4

Posted
1 hour ago, Summer Sun said:

Some parts of Europe got into the low 20s yesterday. The UK was once of the coldest places yesterday.

download.thumb.png.7189091554cd57d99d7b81bd9dc6ff66.png

That setup in summer would mean 30C all over France, Germany, Belgium, Holland and 15C in the UK.

Saw a sign in the local co-op warning that they might not have enough of some fruit and get "she to bad weather, last time I remember seeing that was "summer" 2012

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
11 minutes ago, Mike Poole said:

Oh no! It's all over again!! Personally I'd like to see the ECM take on thongs (I'll let the typo stand for comedy purposes - I meant things) before I throw in my third winter towel, I have 23 of them left, just so you know.

:oldrofl: Think that is for a completely different type of weather "model" Mike ?‍♀️

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
1 hour ago, prolongedSnowLover said:

The world's gone crazy with record heat in Australia, unseasonal warmth in Europe, record rainfalls in the UK.

what about all the record cold and snow across N America?

• Like 1

Posted
45 minutes ago, joggs said:

I've more towels than that and expect to use them all before February is over

Alot of rain expected and I'm absolutely sick of it now. A break from the models for me for a few days. Can't even get a decent week with high pressure to dry off

Some chucked all of their towels in at the end of October!

Edited by jordan smith

Posted

My god this is getting frustrating - I'm not even concerned about cold right now, I'd just like a little dry.  Every time the models seem to show high pressure for the UK it's out in FI and disappears in the next run.  Even more frustrating given a pretty unorganized trop polar vortex.  My god if we could get some amplification of the pattern rather than this on onslaught of low pressure.  This must be 3 months of a relatively similar pattern.  Please god just a little high pressure.  Walking the dog is becoming a miserable experience.  Any kind of block - I'm way beyond caring about cold right now.  I can't see anything convincing in the models to suggest it's going to stop.  Even the strat is not giving much hope - possible late Jan warmings but that's it.     

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All seasons veteran of the 1981 winter

I'm hoping for the goodest bestest  goodest bestest goodest goodest

Rainfall totals on record ever

I want my house to be flooded on Christmas day with the Christmas Turkey floating in raw sewage 

Come on T+400 hr .. I want more rain 350mm in 6 hours please .

Gale force winds to rip off the Antique Welsh slate of my roof too why not.

Let's have a proper Christmas 

A big thanks goes out to all those responsible for climate change well done

I'm privileged and honoured to live amongst mankind. 

I'm just in my local woods with a torch 

Picking only the biggest mushrooms.

• Like 1

Posted

just  been looking at  the  gfs from now to even  deep la la   land  if its right i hope its  not   the  uk could  get a seriuus  flooding  problem  over  xmas -new  year over  the amount of rain  that could  be heading  our way  at the  moment

Posted

If anyone is taking the GFS for granted on here they may as well roll a dice on the next weather pattern... the GFS has been utter trollop. You may as well conclude that whatever it says for early January it means the opposite scenerio! On a serious note it's concerning that in this day and age we seem to be going backwards with accuracy of forecasting in certain respects, not forwards - despite the advance in computer systems. A bad show. 

Back to the here and now - pretty much everything now points to HP taking charge following Christmas (which is a good thing!) - my monies certainly on that and not a continuation of pounding LP's into January. I may lose my bet but I'll be surprised if I do. On the other hand I'd rather HP blocking in January & February than in November and December - so maybe its a good thing!!  

Edited by Matty88
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer > Spring > Winter > Autumn :-)
2 hours ago, tinybill said:

just  been looking at  the  gfs from now to even  deep la la   land  if its right i hope its  not   the  uk could  get a seriuus  flooding  problem  over  xmas -new  year over  the amount of rain  that could  be heading  our way  at the  moment

Pay no attention to the GFS op today - it's a massive wet and unsettled outlier:

image.thumb.png.4a16d08ceedd8087621bfc4b3e41ba18.png

Ensembles and other models all pointing to the opposite - anticyclonic, dry and settled weather between Xmas and new year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: LP - Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards
1 hour ago, Matty88 said:

If anyone is taking the GFS for granted on here they may as well roll a dice on the next weather pattern... the GFS has been utter trollop. You may as well conclude that whatever it says for early January it means the opposite scenerio! On a serious note it's concerning that in this day and age we seem to be going backwards with accuracy of forecasting in certain respects, not forwards - despite the advance in computer systems. A bad show. 

Back to the here and now - pretty much everything now points to HP taking charge following Christmas (which is a good thing!) - my monies certainly on that and not a continuation of pounding LP's into January. I may lose my bet but I'll be surprised if I do. On the other hand I'd rather HP blocking in January & February than in November and December - so maybe its a good thing!!  

QeMS.thumb.gif.7e068822242da756f06b5e0e3552e89d.gif