Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Winter 2019/20 | Moans, Ramps & Chat

Summer Sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
6 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Nope, don't agree m8..

Later Dec and Jan/Feb still in play although i would agree up to the last third of Dec looks a write off..

Higher routes of Oldham at 400m plus will be plastered next week, we should head up there..

I admit i will stop short of writing off Jan completely, 1) its the coldest part of the winter so it isn't out the question to get enough of a Atlantic ridge and get -7c within an overall zonal flow and 2) I don't think even someone with the skill of Stewart could completely rule out an SSW for practically 2 whole months particularly with a downwelling e-qbo (or should be in Jan) and solar min and if we got an instant response we could get something the back end of Jan.

As for the 400ft - there are no pubs at 400ft altitude so i aint walking up a hill for about 3 or 4 miles to stand there and walk back.

• Like 3

Posted
50 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

I admit i will stop short of writing off Jan completely, 1) its the coldest part of the winter so it isn't out the question to get enough of a Atlantic ridge and get -7c within an overall zonal flow and 2) I don't think even someone with the skill of Stewart could completely rule out an SSW for practically 2 whole months particularly with a downwelling e-qbo (or should be in Jan) and solar min and if we got an instant response we could get something the back end of Jan.

As for the 400ft - there are no pubs at 400ft altitude so i aint walking up a hill for about 3 or 4 miles to stand there and walk back.

400m.

Posted
1 hour ago, feb1991blizzard said:

I wonder if GP’s thoughts have changed regarding February?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - cold, summer - not hot

I give up on winter.  It looks like another unsettled and increasingly stormy December.  What's the point?  Every year it's the same old story.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Mr TOAD said:

I give up on winter.  It looks like another unsettled and increasingly stormy December.  What's the point?  Every year it's the same old story.

Every year I say I’m going to book a winter holiday to Canada, but do I do it? No!  Really need to next year, but you know what will happen, the UK will experience its coldest winter since 1963!

Posted

According to snippet I've just read in the hunting thread, Full Moon modulation.is a factor to be considered when looking at the weather on election day. I fear the casualties could be high in the thread

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow

Been coming on here 16 years.guy commenting that there are Greenland heights on the 12z.ive got my posts deleted because I said there wasntdoes anyone remember snow watch on BBC??? This place his heading that way.

Posted
4 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Yep its December the 5th, and were already into February

:crazy:

It will be interesting to see where we are in February with this winter?  Will a SSW come to our rescue in January?!

Posted
1 minute ago, knocker said:

According to snippet I've just read in the hunting thread, Full Moon modulation.is a factor to be considered when looking at the weather on election day. I fear the casualties could be high in the thread

Please don't I've just been kicked out about the massive Greenland heights on the GFS 12z

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
3 minutes ago, knocker said:

It must the The Ghost of Christmas Past, Malcolm!image.thumb.png.8ec90d2c2dbf67d8b2f6acc7ab52ea0e.png

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Don said:

It will be interesting to see where we are in February with this winter?  Will a SSW come to our rescue in January?!

Probably not but rehab will !!!

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, Don said:

Think I will wait until February to see what the weather will be like in errr ........February.

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

It must the The Ghost of Christmas Past, Malcolm!image.thumb.png.8ec90d2c2dbf67d8b2f6acc7ab52ea0e.png

Oh my god

Posted
2 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Think I will wait until February to see what the weather will be like in errr ........February.

Posted
17 minutes ago, knocker said:

I can see the headlines now..

'It's the Moon Wot Won It'

Lunar, eh?  Well it least it sounds close to the correct word  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
1 hour ago, syed2878 said:

hardly surprising is it that likes of Scotland and Northern England getting wintry weather even most crappy winter they do have wintry weather during the season for example look at today’s output it’s not screaming wintry for the south is it

not always the case at all trust me I am as desperate for snow as anyone (we dont all live on high ground up here ), here is my total snowfall for the WHOLE of last winter DSC_0130.thumb.JPG.1e8e2a4f888e778a7007aed987a106e3.JPG DSC_0132.thumb.JPG.71a1d1157ec9d3b53242d7f47db2368c.JPG I know that areas further south got more snow than here last winter and some areas didn't get any at all. It was one of the worst I can remember for lack of snow here so that is the first thing on my winter wishlist to get more than that this winter which possibly with some luck next week I might have a chance 

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the weather extremes in general but my favourites are snow & thunderstorms
15 minutes ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

not always the case at all trust me I am as desperate for snow as anyone (we dont all live on high ground up here ), here is my total snowfall for the WHOLE of last winter DSC_0130.thumb.JPG.1e8e2a4f888e778a7007aed987a106e3.JPG DSC_0132.thumb.JPG.71a1d1157ec9d3b53242d7f47db2368c.JPG I know that areas further south got more snow than here last winter and some areas didn't get any at all. It was one of the worst I can remember for lack of snow here so that is the first thing on my winter wishlist to get more than that this winter which possibly with some luck next week I might have a chance 

Are you sure that’s not a sharp frost lol. That’s about the best we managed here last winter too from what I can remember. At least next week should be interesting and you never no a very small tweak here and there and more will have a chance of snaw 

• Like 3

Posted

Oh dear thought I'd take a quick peek in this thread, and won't be looking at it again - full of winter  over posts... on 5 December, its the same every year.. ' perhaps we should separate it out , a thread for moans and a thread for ramps.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Thunderstorms mix both for heaven THUNDERSNOW 😜😀🤤🥰
6 minutes ago, Mr Frost said:

I still think you are trying to pass off frost as snow in those pictures!  

Oi  I was that excited at the time as I really thought it was going to be a snowless winter I tried to get as many pics as possible  DSC_0058.thumb.JPG.a9e674fc874550ebbccff0624469a70c.JPG DSC_0086.thumb.JPG.ad19147f3bf09415392946bd8c3c4a8b.JPGDSC_0095.thumb.JPG.6472b463a135e7491b3ed344e971d088.JPG those are snowflakes trust me :oldlaugh:

it was that sneaky little front 20190201.1849.PPVA89.png Anyway sorry mods just had to prove that is was most definitely snow :oldrofl:

• Like 4