Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Hunt For Cold Model Thread - Should It Return?

Would you like to see a ‘Hunt For Cold’ Model thread return?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see a ‘Hunt For Cold’ Model thread return?

• No way man, it’s fine as it is
    • No. But yes to in depth technical model thread
    • No. But yes to in depth technical model thread and short range model thread
    • Yes
    • Yes + general model thread
    • Yes + general model thread + short range model thread
    • Yes + general model thread + in depth technical model thread
    • Yes + general model thread + in depth technical model thread + short range model thread
    • How about a model moans, banter and ramps thread?
    • Other (feel free to specify)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
On 29/11/2019 at 17:30, Allseasons-si said:

It's probably because we here in the UK do not see it that often and it is a rarity!!!

by the way,are you a mildy,if so,why move where you are now?

just a simple question.

i have no real preference when it comes to weather types..maybe im a dryer as i lean to dry sunny weather more than most other types..i moved here because i get paid a huge salary and want to secure a future comfortable retirement its pretty simple really

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!

I think the Hunt For Cold thread proved its worth last year!!! It worked great for everyone from the more technical posts to the straight up ramps and jokey banter in between!!! It frees up the Mods time too because far less deleting/moving of posts were needed!! I love it when everyone gets excited at some snowy looking charts and it's nice to not have that squashed by Mods having to do their job as they would have to in the more "serious" MOD thread ❄❄

• Like 1

Posted

I loved the "hunt for cold thread" as a newbie it was informative albeit a gigantic rollercoaster at times,I learned a lot last year from some very informed posters,who when messaged were more than happy to help a newbie.

Posted

Thanks to everyone who has provided their feedback and voted in here, thanks too to @DiagonalRedLine for setting the thread up. 

We know it's going to be impossible to please everyone, but we've come up with a plan which may hopefully come close. The idea is to have three regular threads on the go throughout the winter. The first one, the model discussion as we have now - we obviously know that it mostly becomes a hunt for cold at this time of year, which is fine but the plan isn't to rename it or open it out to be as free as last year, as many people didn't enjoy that format. 

The second one is the Winter chat, moans and ramps thread. This is for those who maybe don't want to solely discuss the models and want a more free winter related discussion, where some off topic chat is ok. 

The third one is a new one. The Models, teleconnections and nowcasting thread is for those who want to discuss these aspects of the weather but want a quieter, less drama filled and less cold slanted environment than the model thread. We've opened up the remit to more than just the models as well, so nowcasts and teleconnections can also be discussed. 

• Like 1