Kirkcaldy Weather

Snow and Ice coverage in the Northern Hemisphere winter 2019/2020 (Twitter photos and videos)

The Romania picture is stunning.

On the later picture it’s worth saying that it’s the strongest low to hit Oregon and California in about 40 years with 100mph tales and 3 feet of snow.

Really glad we separated this thread OP, I hope it becomes a staple for years to come.

I’ve just come back from Svalbard - I was battling daily with -23C conditions 🥶. Locals couldn’t believe how cold the autumn has been and conditions which many were not used to at this time of year. 

On Thursday I embarked on a voyage to the abandoned Soviet mining town of Pyramiden. It was the last trip of the season before early June. On the final approach to the docking area the captain of the boat was stunned by the amount of sea ice. Volumes not seen for at least a decade this early in the season. The pictures below are mine showing the extent...All that white stuff is Ice. Of course I had to also show you the sign to Pyramiden 👌🥶

7B8E81AA-ACC5-4C06-98D1-7C6C220F4154.jpeg

F65CB445-0ADD-4EDC-9A7C-C6BF2F50CCBD.jpeg

5D0E8B44-454A-4D2F-B874-59BDD5A5B84F.jpeg

B99ACB7A-2143-4AF0-92C3-1572385537FE.jpeg

2D8A0722-84FE-465C-87B3-815BC856C8DE.jpeg

-

Edited by Katrine Basso
Wrong conversation thread

Brilliant thread this and lovely pics . But I can’t help but feel very very jealous 😕. Hopefully are spell of snow will turn up this winter 🤞🏻

Among all the patio furniture pictures I thought that I would add this one. Anyone guess where this is?  Clue is that it is off topIc.

Edited by Norrance

1 hour ago, Norrance said:

Among all the patio furniture pictures I thought that I would add this one. Anyone guess where this is?  Clue is that it is off topIc.

That would be on the 2nd day of summer...…… Therefore Victoria Australia