December 2019 C.E.T. and EWP forecast contests -- start of the 2019-2020 competition year

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

According to the table of entries, this would be the top ten in CET scoring for December. List includes their EWP forecasts if they made one.  _ (number in brackets is order of entry ... with equ

On behalf of J10 and myself, welcome to another new competition year with the winter season of 2019-20 fast approaching. The contests will include the CET forecast and the (still optional) EWP forecas

5.8 confirmed.  (disappointed that they rejected 5.9, thought maybe we had it finally)

Posted Images

3.4c and a dryer month with only 95mm

I don't know if there is a sunshine index that gives number of hours of sunshine within any given month. Ie if there are 8 hours of daylight then 100% would be 8hrs and 75%would be 6hrs of sunshine. I ask this as my gut tells me that at present our sunshine hrs must be below the average for this time of year. I would be happy to guess if dec had an average of say 50% then I would think this next month will be only 30% 

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, SteveB said:

I would like to revise my down please. 

New CET 4.3c please and new rain total of 74mm

Thanks

I don't think you will be the last to revise down Steve...

Eagerly anticipating Dons  6+ guess..

Edited by DAVID SNOW
  • Like 1

I agree David, looks nailed on to be below average first 7-10 day's. Would like to go lower, but don't want to tempt fate 

Edited by SteveB
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Eagerly anticipating Dons  6+ guess..

What is this?  Guess Don’s guess competition?! ?

Edited by Don
  • Like 4

How are some thinking over 6c and even  over 7c will be the CET ? ,Looking at some of the predictions,do some posters not even look at the model runs or just a total guess without any reason behind it 

Edited by SLEETY
  • Like 1