Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Output Discussion - Into November 2019

Posted

ECH1-240.GIF?05-0

This mornings Ec's +240

Charts like this one are rare even in a FI, too bad it's still a little bit to early in the year even if it did come to fruition 

• Like 3

Posted

To put a touch more meat on the bone with the ecm. The showery rain clears away to the south on Sunday but the next trough quickly arrives on the scene bringing more wet and windy weather, perhaps plenty of snow on the high ground in the north, Mon/Tues

ecmwf-deterministic-natl_wide-z300_speed-3473600.thumb.png.c5d029ece796e08144057b11ea94b7a4.png138.thumb.png.7108b34f854ea5d94f2efca1c71d2a43.png150.thumb.png.93ddc27fb22024e8aeea3da15338ee53.png

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

With reference to Knocker's post I see another Saturday of rain is on the cards. It never ceases to amaze me how our weather seems to get stuck in a rut every so often of what appear to be seven day patterns. The weekends are I suppose what I would notice more, and more so when the weather is of an extreme of one sort, but I wonder if there is an 'every seventh day' legend applicable to atmospheric waves akin to the  'every seventh wave' legend applicable to the oceans!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
6 minutes ago, ArHu3 said:

ECH1-240.GIF?05-0

This mornings Ec's +240

Charts like this one are rare even in a FI, too bad it's still a little bit to early in the year even if it did come to fruition 

Im afraid its a huge downgrade - this is it.

image.thumb.png.6f75b566c4c576daeba2d542e3779eaf.png

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

Both still look really good!!infact from a uk and coldie perspective prefer this run at 240 hours cos its cold and got a northerly across the uk!the 12z just showed at mild south south easterly muck and a potential easterly a few days down the line which probably would never arrive lol

Posted
8 minutes ago, shaky said:

Both still look really good!!infact from a uk and coldie perspective prefer this run at 240 hours cos its cold and got a northerly across the uk!the 12z just showed at mild south south easterly muck and a potential easterly a few days down the line which probably would never arrive lol

Look on both though and where the biggest pv segment has re-located to on the latest run.

Posted
2 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

Look on both though and where the biggest pv segment has re-located to on the latest run.

Siberia right, isn't it that where we want it? We certainly don't want it over Greenland, like on the 12z

Posted
24 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

Its a chart full of potential from where i'm sitting Feb.

Ace up the sleeve is Euro LP, and the wedge of HP over Iceland.

All that said, as a day 10 chart it will probs be different come 7pm.

• Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, booferking said:

Ecm 12z has the pv located Siberia & 00z is over Canada/Greenland?

Some lovely polar blocking highs across the model suites but all in the wrong place for us.......for now.

• Like 1

Posted

My take of the direction of travel is that the Canadian vortex may well have its attention drawn towards lowering Alaskan heights rather than in the direction of the Atlantic or indeed, it’s Siberian partner. If that verifies, then expect extensive blocking Asian side of the NH

• Like 5

Posted
10 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

Some lovely polar blocking highs across the model suites but all in the wrong place for us.......for now.

Great start to the winter campaign but if we don't hit something in next couple of weeks it will be all for nothing pv nearly always guaranteed to reorganize itself.

• Like 2

Posted
14 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Its a chart full of potential from where i'm sitting Feb.

Ace up the sleeve is Euro LP, and the wedge of HP over Iceland.

All that said, as a day 10 chart it will probs be different come 7pm.

To me the 12z was miles better, Atlantic would have remained blocked and only a matter of time before some sort of cold spell ensued, i cannot say it would have been potent for definite because of time of year but far better than a half baked toppler with the Atlantic about to fire up.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, feb1991blizzard said:

To me the 12z was miles better, Atlantic would have remained blocked and only a matter of time before some sort of cold spell ensued, i cannot say it would have been potent for definite because of time of year but far better than a half baked toppler with the Atlantic about to fire up.

The 12z was different for sure.

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, booferking said:

Great start to the winter campaign but if we don't hit something in next couple of weeks it will be all for nothing pv nearly always guaranteed to reorganize itself.

Nothing like a sweeping statement to start the day. I'm not sure we can make a blanket statement like this with so many signals for cold in place this year, Yes it's early and all just starting to unfold and needs to fall into place, but I'd take this over the last few years any day.

• Like 6

Posted
6 minutes ago, bluearmy said:

Not seeing these signals ..... the semi reliable timeframe looks interesting but anything more than this ???

I think you just have to read back through this thread to see it's far more interesting of late with regards to the trop/strat/SSW/NAO/AO/sun minima and more. Maybe 'signal' inst the right technical phrase but a lot of things on the positive side for aligning for cold. IF it all comes to fruition.

• Like 4

Posted
22 minutes ago, CanadianCoops said:

Nothing like a sweeping statement to start the day. I'm not sure we can make a blanket statement like this with so many signals for cold in place this year, Yes it's early and all just starting to unfold and needs to fall into place, but I'd take this over the last few years any day.

Sorry if i offended you so early in the morning with the possibility of uk climatology norm setting in a few weeks down the line(pv reinserts itself) I'll choose my words more wisely in the future

• Like 5

Posted
40 minutes ago, CanadianCoops said:

I think you just have to read back through this thread to see it's far more interesting of late with regards to the trop/strat/SSW/NAO/AO/sun minima and more. Maybe 'signal' inst the right technical phrase but a lot of things on the positive side for aligning for cold. IF it all comes to fruition.

Looks very much to me like a signal for a backloaded winter to me.

• Like 2

Posted

What’s happened to the GFS, is it having some issues? 

Posted
13 minutes ago, Ali1977 said:

Yes, it is jerked, but you can see by the ensembles though the basic situation, they are still working, means, graphs and individual runs.

Edited by feb1991blizzard

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
15 minutes ago, Ali1977 said:

No issues here - 

Edited by Summer Sun
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Well, the scrag-end of the GFS 00Z looks different::oldgood:

image.thumb.png.a3b23e86ddfd4ae147886e8c1692b392.png   image.thumb.png.f6ec417caea45615f3fd1537fc4e9e19.png

And, unfortunately, the 00Z Operational does not show up, in the ensembles -- but, here goes, anyway:

image.thumb.png.a73a5cc96481f2d8968c6b97dcb202e4.pngimage.thumb.png.a92674d4e1d22e1f50b1bc585e086135.png   

image.thumb.png.be05545e466c78077d4a59febb2bcd61.pngimage.thumb.png.9e5dadecc5a0a394ae65f9402ddc720d.png 

I wonder what effects, in the long term, the warmth over Eastern Europe will have?:unsure2:

• Like 4