Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Christmas is coming

4cast

Hello, I am not a Netweather member but my wife is a keen member, though I do not know her forum moniker.

I want to buy her a home weather station for Christmas, with an outside module and wireless internal monitor, internet and preferably PC connectivity, in the £250-500 range.

I would be most grateful for suggestions as to the best product to buy.

Regards

Keith Greenish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms
5 hours ago, 4cast said:

Hello, I am not a Netweather member but my wife is a keen member, though I do not know her forum moniker.

I want to buy her a home weather station for Christmas, with an outside module and wireless internal monitor, internet and preferably PC connectivity, in the £250-500 range.

Regards

Keith Greenish

Based on your budget and needs I would suggest a Davis Vantage Vue which cost around £300-400

You will need to buy the Davis software to connect it to your PC which costs around £100.

All the best!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
5 hours ago, 4cast said:

Regards

Keith Greenish

If she is a member, i suggest you delete your account or the posts once you have gathered the info you need, else she will find out what you have bought her.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
22 minutes ago, vizzy2004 said:

Based on your budget and needs I would suggest a Davis Vantage Vue which cost around £300-400

You will need to buy the Davis software to connect it to your PC which costs around £100.

All the best!

I can certainly recommend this. Bit pricy but if it’s within your budget it’s definitely one of the best you can get without sending over £500. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear sky or snow

There's nothing wrong with the davis logger but can I suggest this wifi logger as an alternative

https://www.weatherstations.co.uk/new-wifi-logger-for-davis-stations.htm

it's good to have choices.

There is also the Ecowitt stuff which is getting mixed revues and some issues ordering it but so far I have had no major problems it has a lot more options than the davis stuff and looks a whole lot more modern.

http://www.ecowitt.com/