Jump to content

Worldwide Mountain & Snow Sports Discussion 2019/20


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fantastic day in the mountain. First tracks of the season with a bit of effort! Lifts will open end of November if the current conditions prevail.  C

This occasion always cheers me up! Yes, it's the first widespread snow arriving in the Alps!!!! Good timing as me and friends have this last week put a deposit down on an apartment in the French

I visited Deux Alpes for the first time last Spring, on a trip which was cut short thanks to Covid restrictions. Hopefully I'll be making a return visit next Spring as the few days we got were very go

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Paul said:

Winter proper for Sunshine village ūüėĄ

 

 

As you mentioned it doesn’t take long - nice turnaround in a few days 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/10/2020 at 11:04, carinthian said:

The snow making team out last night firing up the snow cannons. The location is at the top station of a new Panorama link , The Flying Mozart which will link Wagrian Resort via the Absolut Park to my home base resort of Zauchensee  , which will add for some awesome runs in the Snow Space Salzburg. This area is a real snow paradise and only 1 hour from Salzburg Airport.

C

121104846_3682971558401284_3955767381789852525_o.jpg

Picture of the new Panorama Link lift. All ready for the new season after trial runs.

C

121487851_3492162514182697_3243745630357807232_o.jpg

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Fantastic day in the mountain. First tracks of the season with a bit of effort! Lifts will open end of November if the current conditions prevail.

 C

121665097_3667346819950477_4145337660657155212_n.jpg

121490052_3667346919950467_5381359115439361574_n.jpg

121466564_3667347053283787_3906631853739844403_n.jpg

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites

ūü§ěūü§ěūü§ěūü§ěūü§ě my Easter rebooked ¬†trip to St Moritz is able to go ahead...a long way away and hopefully the snow will come soonūü§ěūü§ěūü§ě

WWW.ENGADIN.CH

Take a look at the Engadin and individual locations and find out more about the current weather conditions via...

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I visited Deux Alpes for the first time last Spring, on a trip which was cut short thanks to Covid restrictions. Hopefully I'll be making a return visit next Spring as the few days we got were very good. It's also looking nice for the start of the season in a couple of days.

 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sunshine village is coming along nicely. There‚Äôs been snow everyday for the last week. Not long nowūüéŅ¬†

465F85AF-EF2B-4D71-AA8C-076FCF1C49BA.jpeg

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

The link between the resort of Wagrain /Kleinarl in the far distance to Zauchansee will be complete for the start of the new season making for a huge addition of runs with-in the Salzburg Ski Welt. Also the snowboard , Absolute Park now one of the best in Europe.  If a link one day to the nearby Obertauern high level orbit resort ever happens, this area  could match other 4 valleys classics.  Maybe will see some more Brits coming out to this top location. The Airport is only 1 hours drive away and the mountain huts offer fantastic value for money ski fodder and Alpine ambience  at its best.

C

 

122446959_3688608607824298_4021908652102730461_o.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, carinthian said:

The link between the resort of Wagrain /Kleinarl in the far distance to Zauchansee will be complete for the start of the new season making for a huge addition of runs with-in the Salzburg Ski Welt. Also the snowboard , Absolute Park now one of the best in Europe.  If a link one day to the nearby Obertauern high level orbit resort ever happens, this area  could match other 4 valleys classics.  Maybe will see some more Brits coming out to this top location. The Airport is only 1 hours drive away and the mountain huts offer fantastic value for money ski fodder and Alpine ambience  at its best.

C

 

122446959_3688608607824298_4021908652102730461_o.jpg

Shhhh. I love Obertauern and the relative quiet and lack of Brits. Even though I am a Brit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, DavidS said:

Shhhh. I love Obertauern and the relative quiet and lack of Brits. Even though I am a Brit.

Funny enough David ,my wife is Austrian and she loves Brits !

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, DavidS said:

Shhhh. I love Obertauern and the relative quiet and lack of Brits. Even though I am a Brit.

Seriously though, we could do wish more Brits. As you say little known region to UK bulk skiers. The Brits would be most welcome, the few that venture for a holiday from what I know of are very polite, never moan or push for the morning lifts and never haggle over the hotel bill, unlike many other folk. So I say more the merrier.

C

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It just keeps better at sunshine. The snow up at Standish viewing deck is looking great. I’ve added a pic of the same view in the summer to give an idea of the amount of snow received in just over a week 

CDC21127-974F-4C10-971F-D8094699E767.jpeg

8241D367-9E5F-43EA-AAA3-563112A6F778.jpeg

Edited by Coopsy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Paul said:

Have you ever been to Big Sky @Dorsetbred? Is on my wish list of places to visit at some point.

No I spotted it some time ago, and watch with great envy as the season starts, as they have so much natural height here and a huge number of various types of piste, and the season lasts for months...A tricky place to get to I think but certainly a hit with many folks..

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

No I spotted it some time ago, and watch with great envy as the season starts, as they have so much natural height here and a huge number of various types of piste, and the season lasts for months...A tricky place to get to I think but certainly a hit with many folks..

It does look very good, that's for sure. I was looking at driving from Denver at one point, but decided 10 hours was pushing it. Will have to do it one day though!

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Paul said:

It does look very good, that's for sure. I was looking at driving from Denver at one point, but decided 10 hours was pushing it. Will have to do it one day though!

My son who lives in Vancouver raves about Big Sky in Yellowstone. He is into boarding and reckons the $CAN200 flight to BNZ is worth it. He goes once a year . He tried the 1000km drive once but would not do it again. About as remote as you can get in the USA. The snow conditions he reckons is the best ever more so than the resorts back in BC around Vernon.

C

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, carinthian said:

My son who lives in Vancouver raves about Big Sky in Yellowstone. He is into boarding and reckons the $CAN200 flight to BNZ is worth it. He goes once a year . He tried the 1000km drive once but would not do it again. About as remote as you can get in the USA. The snow conditions he reckons is the best ever more so than the resorts back in BC around Vernon.

C

I'm not jealous at all! Vancouver is a great city + is just down the road from Whistler, which I think has to be about my favourite place on earth.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Paul said:

I'm not jealous at all! Vancouver is a great city + is just down the road from Whistler, which I think has to be about my favourite place on earth.

Aye, certainly is. The Sea to Sky Highway has made a big difference. Just think in just only 90 mins travel time from downtown Van City to one of the best resorts  in the world. When I was last there, I jumped on the local ski bus at the station in Vancouver and had a wonderful day on the slopes for only a few dollars bus ticket.

C

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...