Sign in to follow this  
Snipper

Barclays to stop cash withdrawals from Post Office

If anyone wishes to withdraw up £300 from their bank account at a Post Office they can do so at the present time. Barclays has given notice they will no longer allow it in a few months time. 

19441826-0-image-a-5_1570537868966.jpg
WWW.THISISMONEY.CO.UK

Barclays announced on Monday that its customers would no longer be able to withdraw money over the counter using...

This is a serious problem for those relying on Post Offices. 

2 hours ago, Snipper said:

If anyone wishes to withdraw up £300 from their bank account at a Post Office they can do so at the present time. Barclays has given notice they will no longer allow it in a few months time. 

19441826-0-image-a-5_1570537868966.jpg
WWW.THISISMONEY.CO.UK

Barclays announced on Monday that its customers would no longer be able to withdraw money over the counter using...

This is a serious problem for those relying on Post Offices. 

just change banks then or open a post office account??

2 hours ago, cheeky_monkey said:

just change banks then or open a post office account??

Not as simple as that. My main concern is my elderly mother’s account that I control as an attorney. Need cash to pay her incidentals. If you do the job properly you need to separate your own money from hers. Things are a hassle enough with a mother who is nearly 104 and hasn’t a clue who I am without having yet further grief.

Have your ever tried getting a new account open as an attorney?

It's annoying that in the local town there are still two banks with cash machines (not my bank anymore though) also at least two of the supermarkets have them - then at least one petrol station, but nearer home the bank closed and mahine has gone, post office is only part time so if you need cash unexpectedly it's about 20 miles round trip.

22 minutes ago, 4wd said:

It's annoying that in the local town there are still two banks with cash machines (not my bank anymore though) also at least two of the supermarkets have them - then at least one petrol station, but nearer home the bank closed and mahine has gone, post office is only part time so if you need cash unexpectedly it's about 20 miles round trip.

All such a pain. I hate the move towards a total cashless society. So difficult to keep tabs on what you are actually spending with little bits and bobs being taken electronically from your account. How many actually do a bank reconciliation?  Hardly surprising many have problems with spending more than they can afford.