Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Simplifying the forum layout

Paul

Posted

As part of an ongoing plan to simplify and improve the community layout, we're soon to be merging the general (seasonal) weather forum with the model forum, so all the discussions can sit together in one place. This should make it easier to find the model thread when browsing other related topics, and vice versa for those users of the model discussion. 

The model thread archive will continue, so you'll be able to find all the old model discussions in there. 

If you've not already seen it, now is maybe a good time to remind everyone that our new learning area is taking shape, with lots of great guides, weather info and links to papers and resources elsewhere on the net:
https://www.netweather.tv/forum/learning/

A new q&a forum will replace the old style learning discussions soon as well. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
22 hours ago, Paul said:

The model thread archive will continue, so you'll be able to find all the old model discussions in there. 

I wished i could find the November / December 2010 regional threads but looks like they have been deleted.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms
5 hours ago, feb1991blizzard said:

I wished i could find the November / December 2010 regional threads but looks like they have been deleted.

I've just tried looking myself, with wayback machine and Google cache, maybe the thread name has been changed and is now unsearchable? 

Posted
8 hours ago, Essex Easterly. said:

I've just tried looking myself, with wayback machine and Google cache, maybe the thread name has been changed and is now unsearchable? 

No - Found the URL somehow, can't remember how  but anyway  it just came up with an expiry error - wanted the North West one that friday night 17th Dec when we got pasted, guessing you got blasted with the channel low the following day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms
6 hours ago, feb1991blizzard said:

No - Found the URL somehow, can't remember how  but anyway  it just came up with an expiry error - wanted the North West one that friday night 17th Dec when we got pasted, guessing you got blasted with the channel low the following day.

Yes I remember it well! Woke up at my mates house with almost a foot of snow cover, he couldn't be bothered to drag his cart around in the snow so I did it for him and he let me keep all the tips lol

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
On 19/09/2019 at 13:11, Paul said:

As part of an ongoing plan to simplify and improve the community layout, we're soon to be merging the general (seasonal) weather forum with the model forum, so all the discussions can sit together in one place. This should make it easier to find the model thread when browsing other related topics, and vice versa for those users of the model discussion. 

If you've not already seen it, now is maybe a good time to remind everyone that our new learning area is taking shape, with lots of great guides, weather info and links to papers and resources elsewhere on the net:
https://www.netweather.tv/forum/learning/

A new q&a forum will replace the old style learning discussions soon as well. 

The model and stratosphere threads have now been moved over into the general / seasonal weather forum, as per the plan above. 

https://www.netweather.tv/forum/forum/1-general-weather-discussion-autumn/

Posted
5 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

You sent it to me ages ago

Yes, i can find the menus and how to navigate them now Steve but the North West ones from Nov 2010 and Dec 2010 are missing, all the other recent cold spells are there, Feb 09 / Dec 09 / Jan 09 / Dec 10 and 2013 etc but not Nov and Dec 2010.

EDIT : In fact the model output discussions are missing as well, i think there was one from Central Southern England regional that was in there but zip else.

Edited by feb1991blizzard

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
11 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

Yes, i can find the menus and how to navigate them now Steve but the North West ones from Nov 2010 and Dec 2010 are missing, all the other recent cold spells are there, Feb 09 / Dec 09 / Jan 09 / Dec 10 and 2013 etc but not Nov and Dec 2010.

EDIT : In fact the model output discussions are missing as well, i think there was one from Central Southern England regional that was in there but zip else.

Pete/Ed Stone will probably remember where they went.... I 'think' he tapped the wrong button late one night when a mod and some went missing. Although I could be completely wrong.

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
1 minute ago, Polar Maritime said:

Pete/Ed Stone will probably remember where they went.... I 'think' he tapped the wrong button late one night when a mod and some went missing. Although I could be completely wrong.

Think he was definitely one of the moderators then as there was loads of other threads that he started around that time, i did somehow find the URL to one of them though and it just threw out one of those 404's or 402's or something similar so suggest unless its actually on a private disc at Netweather towers that its gone for good, i thought it was probably just because they were so busy they wanted (understandably) to concentrate on site stability rather than worry about archive storage - Thanks anyway.